Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-23-2013, 04:09 PM   #31
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Should the Pacers leave Indiana?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
didnt read this last part. Are you really that dumb? African americans make up something like 14% of the nation. The majority of every nba market (outside of possibly atl, depending how you define it) is white. Also, Indy is something like 30% black. There are only something like 9 nba cities (just the metro not the media market) that have a higher %, and those are places like cleveland, detroit, memphis new orleans, milliwaukee. Only one major market has a higher % black population and that is chicago. so, basically, every city in the central division is in the top 10 in % black population. and many the other places are indy's other closest cities, like memphis.

I wonder if you, or the cow herder, have ever been to the midwest? It doesnt sound like it.
Beat me to it.

Anyone who thinks Indianapolis is "mainly white" has never been there. The city is way above the national averages for black residents.

Why am I not surprised that Cowherd is talking out of his @ss? He is just trying to turn a completely non-controversial issue into something more interesting than actually is. I would urge him (and the OP) to look up the city demographics before making such a grand leap, though. It might make you look stupid.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:41 PM   #32
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I would urge him (and the OP) to look up the city demographics before making such a grand leap, though. It might make you look stupid.
Why don't you read my OP again. Is there anything about race or demographics in it?

There were articles published in the aftermath of the Palace incident, in which a number of Indianapolis residents were adamant that the issue had forever killed their desire to support the team -- no matter that none of the players involved were currently on the roster.

Its a problem if a team is putting out a good product and still lacks local support.
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:46 PM   #33
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
Why don't you read my OP again. Is there anything about race or demographics in it?

There were articles published in the aftermath of the Palace incident, in which a number of Indianapolis residents were adamant that the issue had forever killed their desire to support the team -- no matter that none of the players involved were currently on the roster.

Its a problem if a team is putting out a good product and still lacks local support.
Whoops... My fault. I was referring to Scholar's post, a few down from your OP.

As to your post...

The Pacers have a good team, so the product is there. In fact, over the past couple decades, they've been consistently good. No, not championship level good in the last five years, but still a quality team.

Definitely not worthy of being in the bottom tier in the league in attendance, especially considering Indiana's love for basketball.

Maybe the whole lack of star power thing has some merit?

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 02-23-2013 at 06:16 PM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:59 PM   #34
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Maybe the whole lack of star power thing has some merit?
Yes, I'm sure it does.

Hopefully a good playoff run, and perhaps the return of Granger, will draw more local support.
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:04 PM   #35
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected poster

The Kansas City Pacers

Get it done
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:10 PM   #36
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No, they are fine fiscally. Why should they lose their team?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:24 PM   #37
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

maybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected poster

> Vancouver plz

Legit though, Pacers are boring. I don't blame the Indy fans. George is great, but there's not much else to watch.
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:48 PM   #38
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
> Vancouver plz

Legit though, Pacers are boring. I don't blame the Indy fans. George is great, but there's not much else to watch.
yeah, winning all these games just bores me to tears
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:21 AM   #39
mentallooser
High School Varsity 6th Man

mentallooser has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3peated
bring pacers to VA, I'll denounce my lakers and support my local team!
Theres my answer. Bring them to VA and I'll get season tickets every year.
mentallooser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:36 AM   #40
DMV2
Keep on Rockin in...

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThickassGlasses
Thus the thread.

If a top 5 SF in the NBA, at 22 years old, doesn't excite people enough to come out and watch the game or one of the leagues better dunkers doesn't spark a little bit of interest for under 20 dollars for a good seat...

It may be time to consider moving.
George isn't a household name yet. This is his breakout year, and if he does something special in the playoffs, he will become a superstar.

Harden is having a breakout year too, but the difference is that Harden was already a well-known name before going to Houston.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:31 AM   #41
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Things will turn around. In many markets, when you struggle for a long time, and then encounter success, it takes a LONG time to change the perception that the fans have of you.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: