Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-20-2013, 07:05 PM   #1
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Midseason Adjustments

The most important adjustment we need to make to make our playoff push is to bench metta and have him be our backup 4. he is hurting the team offensively and defensively by his play on the perimeter. Offensively he is turning the ball over a lot, and jacking up and missing a ton of threes. Of course, opposing teams are just grabbing those long rebounds off of the bricks he throws up and just sprinting out in transition. Defensively, he is not a good perimeter defender anymore, and he is consistently getting blown by by everyone that he tries to defend on the perimeter with very few exceptions.

We need to move him to the bench to be our backup power forward. He needs to everything a lot closer to the basket on both sides of the floor moving forward this year.

I really would like to see Meeks get a chance to start out there with kobe and nash. We truly could run D'Antoni's 7 second offense with meeks out there as opposed to Metta. I would think that Meeks, Morris, and Ebanks (Marionesque?) would naturally thrive in an uptempo environment more than a Jamison or Metta. We need to put those young legs we have on our team to use in the second half of the season.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:08 PM   #2
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Midseason Adjustments

Coach Kinchen will lead this team to a championship. Dont worry. I'm the real Coach K, not that fella at Duke.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:48 PM   #3
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkinchen
Coach Kinchen will lead this team to a championship. Dont worry. I'm the real Coach K, not that fella at Duke.

DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:27 AM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Honestly no moves need to be made currently. They just need to click on a daily basis.

Tonight against Boston, the lakers played spirited basketball. A basketball game to not only honor the great man, Dr. Jerry Buss, but a game that hopefully would be considered a "turner-arounder" for the season. These guys can play, and they can play well. Coach definitely understands the game as well. Whether they will forever be on the same page or not is what remains to be seen.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:00 PM   #5
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkinchen
I really would like to see Meeks get a chance to start out there with kobe and nash. We truly could run D'Antoni's 7 second offense with meeks out there as opposed to Metta. I would think that Meeks, Morris, and Ebanks (Marionesque?) would naturally thrive in an uptempo environment more than a Jamison or Metta. We need to put those young legs we have on our team to use in the second half of the season.

This would never work. The Lakers wouldn't match up with anybody defensively. You can't take out a big man and replace them with a guard. Small ball doesn't work for long term spans in any league. Ebanks isn't the player Artest is, so I disagree with that too. Artest is having a pretty solid season, even if the system doesn't fit him well. I really don't see where all the negative comments about him are coming from.

I agree with Lakerfreak. There's really no moves to make.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:48 PM   #6
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
This would never work. The Lakers wouldn't match up with anybody defensively. You can't take out a big man and replace them with a guard. Small ball doesn't work for long term spans in any league. Ebanks isn't the player Artest is, so I disagree with that too. Artest is having a pretty solid season, even if the system doesn't fit him well. I really don't see where all the negative comments about him are coming from.

This team is a hot mess and nothing can be done to change it this season.
I'm not impressed by beating a Celtics team that is on it's last leg of relevance....in a year or two they won't even be a playoff team IMO.
We won't be one this year
Old 02-21-2013, 05:59 PM   #7
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
This team is a hot mess and nothing can be done to change it this season.
I'm not impressed by beating a Celtics team that is on it's last leg of relevance....in a year or two they won't even be a playoff team IMO.
We won't be one this year

Yeah, the Celtics are in a tough situation. Of course everybody knew it when the Big 3 was put together. I think they're loyalty is nice. Of course if KG didn't have a no trade clause I really wonder how loyal they would be. They were a hot team though, and it's always a rivalry. While it wasn't the most impressive win what I did like is Dwight seemed to take the game more seriously. If he started taking things seriously that would be about the best midseason adjustment we could ask for.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:50 AM   #8
tamaraw08
National High School Star

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Artest WAS having a pretty solid season.
For the month of Feb, he is shooting a putrid 10 of 37 from the 3pt line.
Take away that flukish 38% in November and his overall % plummets,
Overall, 54 games he is shooting a woeful 39% from the field.
And its not like he is shutting down his counter part either. I was there in Staples last nite when the 35 yr old Pierce lit him up for 23 pts just in the first half. Pierce also shot 60% in Boston.
I think this is the legit problem when him and Kobe keep forcing to shoot those low % 3's and they are not exactly good shooters.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:19 AM   #9
takai
Fly for a White Guy

takai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Honestly no moves need to be made currently. They just need to click on a daily basis.

Tonight against Boston, the lakers played spirited basketball. A basketball game to not only honor the great man, Dr. Jerry Buss, but a game that hopefully would be considered a "turner-arounder" for the season. These guys can play, and they can play well. Coach definitely understands the game as well. Whether they will forever be on the same page or not is what remains to be seen.
Well whatever we did against Boston, we need to keep doing. It was beautifully played ball that got everyone involved.

Howard seems to have a hop back in his step too. Which is something we needed 3 months ago, but better late than never.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:04 AM   #10
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak

lol. Don't hold your breath. We've have had too many "fool's gold" with this team. Quite Frankly, I'm sick of it and Dwight. I would much rather have a healthy Drew. 100%.

WHAT WE SHOULD HAVE DONE INSTEAD FROM THE GETGO IS....

We should have left pau as the starting 5, and lamar odom as the starting 4.
We keep Jordan Hill and we trade Bynum for Rajon Rondo and a back up rookie center (fab melo)

Then, we should have not traded for nash and instead used those draft picks to get us some fire power off the bench.We would have been a worlds better.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:15 AM   #11
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
lol. Don't hold your breath. We've have had too many "fool's gold" with this team. Quite Frankly, I'm sick of it and Dwight. I would much rather have a healthy Drew. 100%.

WHAT WE SHOULD HAVE DONE INSTEAD FROM THE GETGO IS....

We should have left pau as the starting 5, and lamar odom as the starting 4.
We keep Jordan Hill and we trade Bynum for Rajon Rondo and a back up rookie center (fab melo)

Then, we should have not traded for nash and instead used those draft picks to get us some fire power off the bench.We would have been a worlds better.

MJ, do you believe in the system we are running and the lack of defense enough to think that those moves would've made a real difference?

Oh yeah, I'm right there with you on the fool's gold thing.....been there done that.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:08 PM   #12
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm not sold on Rondo being a good fit for Lakers. He is a great distributer and plays solid defense, but I don't think he will ever develop a halfway decent jumpshot. I think he has horrendous attitude, anger issues and a strong personality that works from competitive perspective but not for building team chemistry. You already have Kobe with strong personality - multiple guys like that doesn't mesh too well in long run as we saw with Kobe/Shaq and Ray Allen/Rondo (I don't think Ray Allen has strong personality - he just got sick of Rondo's at times).

I'd rather build my team's future around somebody other than Rondo. Don't worry, Dwight will get better and more consistent for next season. I'm optimistic in that case.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:48 PM   #13
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
I'm not sold on Rondo being a good fit for Lakers. He is a great distributer and plays solid defense, but I don't think he will ever develop a halfway decent jumpshot. I think he has horrendous attitude, anger issues and a strong personality that works from competitive perspective but not for building team chemistry. You already have Kobe with strong personality - multiple guys like that doesn't mesh too well in long run as we saw with Kobe/Shaq and Ray Allen/Rondo (I don't think Ray Allen has strong personality - he just got sick of Rondo's at times).

I'd rather build my team's future around somebody other than Rondo. Don't worry, Dwight will get better and more consistent for next season. I'm optimistic in that case.

Not that we'd end up with Rondo probably ever, but hypothetically if we did he's a top 5 PG in the game. He's a fit for almost every team, including the Lakers. His jump shot is irrelevant to me. I'd rather have him than Nash. I think Rondo is actually a bit overrated defensively, but he creates so well that outside of having a guy like CP3 or Irving I don't know who does it better. I like his feistyness. I'd rather have a guy with a chip on his shoulder than a nice goofy one. Even the nice guys in the NBA have huge ego's. The media just doesn't show that with them. I think people make too much of guys getting on each other on the court or in the locker room. Those top level players expect perfection. They're just pushing each other to do their best. Anyway around it, it's completely hypothetical for Rondo coming here. I think we should move on from those rumors. Do you guys think the Lakers & Celtics would ever make a big time deal like that? I just couldn't see it happening.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:12 PM   #14
DKLaker

Quote:
Not that we'd end up with Rondo probably ever, but hypothetically if we did he's a top 5 PG in the game. He's a fit for almost every team, including the Lakers. His jump shot is irrelevant to me. I'd rather have him than Nash. I think Rondo is actually a bit overrated defensively, but he creates so well that outside of having a guy like CP3 or Irving I don't know who does it better. I like his feistyness. I'd rather have a guy with a chip on his shoulder than a nice goofy one. Even the nice guys in the NBA have huge ego's. The media just doesn't show that with them. I think people make too much of guys getting on each other on the court or in the locker room. Those top level players expect perfection. They're just pushing each other to do their best. Anyway around it, it's completely hypothetical for Rondo coming here. I think we should move on from those rumors. Do you guys think the Lakers & Celtics would ever make a big time deal like that? I just couldn't see it happening.

Haha......I was going to write the exact same things about Rondo's attitude you beat me to it
Old 02-22-2013, 07:52 PM   #15
Vertical-24
Hollywood

Vertical-24 has decent reputation

Metta can be turnover prone but I don't see him as a real threat to our team's success. He's been hitting from the 3 pretty well this year and while his defense has suffered the past two years, he's still a committed player. He's only really ineffective when he tries to create his own shot. You would rather bring in Jamison to start? I much prefer Jamison anchoring the second unit.

I like the team the way it is. No real adjustment needs to be made rotation wise, our rotations are pretty nice. We do need to have Dwight in the post more, getting more touches and playing as close to what he did this last Boston game as possible. He was energized, fed the ball and looked great.

The team has been clicking lately and as long as we can play together as we've been doing, I see us making a respectable run. Kobe needs to watch his turnovers, same with Dwight.

To a good rest of the season and hopeful post season guys!
Vertical-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: