Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-18-2013, 12:13 PM   #1
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation
Default Dr Jerry Buss passes away

RIP THE BEST owner in pro sports history...
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:24 PM   #2
DKLaker

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Dr Jerry Buss passes away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Wow......RIP, it's a sad day in LA.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:59 PM   #3
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Amazing man
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #4
L.A. Jazz
enjoy '13,hope for '14

L.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected posterL.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected posterL.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected poster

wow, now all the anger about Brown, MDA or Howard looks small und unimportant. it's a sad day for the Buss family and Laker Nation.
L.A. Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #5
DKLaker

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. Jazz
wow, now all the anger about Brown, MDA or Howard looks small und unimportant. it's a sad day for the Buss family and Laker Nation.

So very true
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:12 PM   #6
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He really was one of the best owners in all sports. It's a sad day for sure.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:58 PM   #7
Da Kobester
I brick open layups

Da Kobester has an OK reputation so far

Dr. Jerry Buss R.I.P. was a true Laker at heart he is the main reason for 10 of our 16 Championships 2nd only to the Celtics, it's sad to see our mastermind has passed on. Perhaps if the Lakers have it in them could now use this as a motivational wake up call to try and revitalize their season for our 17th chip in memory of their legendary owner.
Da Kobester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:27 PM   #8
andredpg
I airball my layups

andredpg has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan

RIP
andredpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:43 PM   #9
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Rest in peace. One of the best owners in any sports that put winning over everything else. He was truly a man that changed basketball and more importantly how to lead a sports team to success. Great smart man that will be missed by all Laker fans and basketball fans. RIP Dr. Jerry Buss, a basketball legend that did not play a single minute in the nba but contributed so much to its greatness.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:27 PM   #10
Mgamer20o0
Great young streetballer

Mgamer20o0 has decent reputationMgamer20o0 has decent reputation

a sad day for the lakers and all of the NBA. for someone who never played in the nba he brought greatness and changed the game where very few have done. he will surely be missed.
Mgamer20o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:51 AM   #11
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

doctor buss was one of the best examples of if you work hard, you will succeed. after he earned his position as the Lakers CEO, he commanded so much respect in this league. He was seen as a leader by his players, employees, and was even a great friend to David Stern. To me, it is no wonder that he died on Presidents Day. it is so fitting and he deserves an honorable mention when his name is brought to our lips. Thank you Jerry. Rest in peace and bless you.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:19 PM   #12
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

R.I.P.

Such a bad year for the LAKER NATION.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:20 AM   #13
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Q: On the impact Dr. Buss had on him and if he finds it ironic the Lakers will be facing the team he most wanted to beat the most on Wednesday (Boston):
Bryant: Yeah, I do. To me, personally, he obviously believed in me since Day 1 being a 17-year-old kid to where I am now. His competitive spirit, his vision where this organization should be and how it should go beyond basketball with the global outreach that he had on his mind. We talked quite a bit about that and we talked about the old times. He’s obviously had a profound impact on me, to say the least.

Q: On Dr. Buss having an influence in him staying with the Lakers:
Bryant: Of course. I think in 2007 was really the big one. I had to make a choice and believing in him, which wasn’t very hard to do once I took a step back and see everything that he accomplished. I had a chance to sit down with him and we talked about what his vision was and his vision for rebuilding this team and rebuilding this team quickly. It was easy for me because I was a Lakers fan growing up, so I saw how many championships he’d been able to win and see how many times he was able to rebuild. It was a pretty easy call for me.

Q: On his talk with Dr. Buss about rebuilding the team:
Bryant: He went into a little bit of the salary cap, free agents and all this other stuff, which, his memory was pretty remarkable in terms of what he was able to remember, the space he had available, who was available and how he was going to put it all together. When somebody has that kind of detail, it’s pretty easy to roll with.

Q: On if he’s concerned about the future of the organization:
Bryant: It’s tough. It’s tough to follow in those shoes. I think the important thing to do is to take the lessons he’s taught – and I’m sure there are many – and things that they’ve learned from him, and try to carry it on to the future.

-- Reported by Trevor Wong of the Lakers.com Blog
insidehoops is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: