Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 02-19-2013, 01:33 PM   #1
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Vince Carter thanks Ross after dunk contest

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...medium=twitter
Quote:
Vince Carter’s curiosity was piqued when he noticed that Terrence Ross’ jersey didn’t match his shorts when the Raptors rookie walked onto the floor for the finals of the slam dunk contest.

Then Carter saw the familiar No. 15 and recognized that Ross was wearing Vinsanity’s old Toronto jersey as a tribute.

“It was weird, but I was honored,” Carter said Monday. “It was great to see that jersey on the floor in that atmosphere of the dunk contest.”

Ross did the jersey proud, catching a pass off the side of the backboard and perfectly executing a windmill dunk while wearing No. 15. Ross dethroned defending dunk champ Jeremy Evans, bringing the title back to Toronto 13 years after Carter won it with a legendary performance.

Ross, who was 9 years old when Carter won the dunk contest, has told reporters that Carter was one of his boyhood idols. Carter reached out to Ross over the weekend to express his appreciation for the tribute.

“I wanted to personally congratulate him and told him I was honored,” Carter said. “I think this is a great opportunity for him because I know what winning the dunk contest did for me. I said the same thing to him. I said, ‘Everywhere you go, when your name is mentioned, it’s mentioned among the dunk champions.’ That’s an honor in itself. That’s something they can’t take away from you.

“That’s how my wonderful ride began. Everybody is excited about the dunk contest and it just gave me confidence.”

Carter won the dunk contest the day before he made the first of his eight consecutive All-Star appearances. Ross, an eighth overall pick averaging 6.4 points per game as a rookie, has a long way to go to approach those heights.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:43 PM   #2
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Vince Carter thanks Ross after dunk contest

Thats pretty cool. Everyone always remembers VC in the dunk contest, and rightfully so.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:09 PM   #3
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
Thats pretty cool. Everyone always remembers VC in the dunk contest, and rightfully so.
Yup. I'm not gonna lie when VC was traded I was pissed like everyone else. Pissed for the way he half assed it on his way out, for the nothingness we got back in return, and pissed for how when he went to NJ he showed up night in night out. Didn't miss a bunch of games due to injury and pretty much resurged for the 2nd half of his career. But the 2000 slam dunk contest was really what put Toronto oni the map. Inarguable top 5 performance ever and cool that Ross decided to pay homage to that.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:10 AM   #4
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Inarguable top 5 performance ever and cool that Ross decided to pay homage to that.
Top 5? That was easily the top ever performance in a dunk contest . imo
Old 02-20-2013, 10:34 AM   #5
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Wilkins v. Jordan would like a word with you...
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:08 AM   #6
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

Quote:

Spudd Webb
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #7
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason
Wilkins v. Jordan would like a word with you...
Jordan vs Wilkins was probably the best "vs" matchup. But their individual performances didn't match Vince's. imo
Old 02-20-2013, 02:28 PM   #8
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerap
Spudd Webb
C'mon now. Not sure if serious....
Old 02-20-2013, 07:06 PM   #9
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

Bring him back to the Raptors!!
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:13 PM   #10
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Jordan vs Wilkins was probably the best "vs" matchup. But their individual performances didn't match Vince's. imo
For me as an all-time dunker i'll give the nod to Vince over anyone. But I can't put that individual dunk contest over Jordan/Wilkins. Perhaps for sentimental reasons, I don't even know.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: