Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-16-2013, 05:46 AM   #1
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Michael Jordan explains how hand checking benefits offense....

Coming from the horses mouth....this is why coaches teach players to play defense with their feet and not their hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgUqb5hWAVY

P.S. This is a history making thread. Feel free to participate in the only thread that will kill all this crap about hand checking and tough defense.

@ the OP

Last edited by 9erempiree : 02-17-2013 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Mods keep interferring with threads Jeff
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:53 AM   #2
KOBE143
In GawdBe We Trust

KOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Michael Jordan explains how hand checking benefits offense....

Hand checking that will make players to struggle in scoring myth busted..
KOBE143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:53 AM   #3
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Air Jordan
I did it a lot....

He did it quite often and very good at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Air Jordan
Anything on me is part of me....

Coaches frown on that today, therefore, zone defense was allowed to deter these offensive tactics. The game is so fast that refs don't see these plays, like how MJ mentioned.

Imagine what Kobe or Lebron would do to players back then if someone dared put their hands on them. Better just play zone or double them before they get the ball.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:01 AM   #4
atljonesbro
National High School Star

atljonesbro has decent reputation

Way to do your homework and get the hard facts from the man himself!
atljonesbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:04 AM   #5
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOBE143

Hand checking that will make players to struggle in scoring myth busted..

Very historical thread in basketball message board history in my opinion. I have known about this video and watched it years ago but couldn't find it till now.

I'm glad I found it on All Star weekend. What great timing.

Old 02-16-2013, 06:04 AM   #6
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by atljonesbro
Way to do your homework and get the hard facts from the man himself!

Thank you....I believe the longer version to that video had MJ go into elaborate details on how hand checking benefited him and perimeter players of his era.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:18 AM   #7
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation

9erempire derivative, kobe143=same dude.

I'll say what I've said to countless ones who came before you:

You'll get tired of it and disappear in due time, they all do...
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:04 AM   #8
scandisk_
Banned (lol)

scandisk_ is considered somewhat coolscandisk_ is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer
9erempire derivative, kobe143=same dude.

I'll say what I've said to countless ones who came before you:

You'll get tired of it and disappear in due time, they all do...

add genghis and some of the idiotic MJ undercover accounts and you've got:

p _ _ k
scandisk_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:06 AM   #9
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Pretty impressive the amount of effort these trolls put in
RoundMoundOfReb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:08 AM   #10
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

Love the deflection by some of the posters on here. Post nothing about my topic.

Please take it over there......http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=290710
Old 02-16-2013, 07:08 AM   #11
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
Pretty impressive the amount of effort these trolls put in

It's really not hard. I found a video and made a discussion about it.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:12 AM   #12
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
It's really not hard. I found a video and made a discussion about it.
You watch random ass vids on youtube for the sole purpose of trolling an internet forum. i'm impressed. repped

edit: "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to 9erempiree again." so future repped.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:15 AM   #13
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
You watch random ass vids on youtube for the sole purpose of trolling an internet forum. i'm impressed. repped

edit: "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to 9erempiree again." so future repped.

What did you think about what MJ said? I think he's right and I will try and find the entire video where he goes into depth about it.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:17 AM   #14
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
What did you think about what MJ said? I think he's right and I will try and find the entire video where he goes into depth about it.
Excellent analysis
Old 02-16-2013, 09:11 AM   #15
Mr Exlax
McFailed next season

Mr Exlax is a pretty well-respected posterMr Exlax is a pretty well-respected posterMr Exlax is a pretty well-respected poster

This is a pretty dope video. I will definitely start trying to use this.
Mr Exlax is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: