Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-15-2013, 11:49 AM   #1
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Dwight still believes he will be playing for the Nets next year

Here's a transcript of the conversation between Smith and Ruocco...

SAS: "I had a reliable source tell me this...Dwight Howard will categorically deny it, but i trust my source...when they were playing Toronto recently, he sat there on the court and told Rudy Gay, 'You messed up bad man. You should have waited and ended up with me in Brooklyn next year. That's what he told him.

"Now, here's the problem. He doesn't determine that. He can't force his way to Brooklyn, can't pull that off. You gotta remember, the way the rules are stipulated now, you understand, the reality of the situation is that with the Nets, he had his chance. Now, if they want to let go of Brook Lopez, and they're able to unload Kris Humphries, you know,
things of that nature, something could happen. But the Nets have to be willing to capitulate and the Lakers have to be convinced he's definitely going to leave. They've got less than a week. You know trading deadline is rapidly approaching. It's February 21. It's a problem!

"But I'm just telling you...

RR: "He's still saying that? He's still thinks he's going to Brooklyn?"

SAS: "He still believes it."

RR: "Is he delusional or does he...is someone telling him that..."

SAS: "Yes, he does. It's not that it's impossible. It's that he doesn't have the right to dictate anything. Now, he's got an exceptional agent in Dan Fegan, that can make some maneuvers but if Dan Fegan had his way, he would have been in Brooklyn last year. You got to remember when he opted in, to stay in Orlando, he did that behind Dan Fegan's back."

RR: "Dan was not happy about that, I would imagine."

SAS: "Now, Otis Smith, the former general manager for the Orlando Magic ... Understand that Otis Smith didn't like back-door Dwight Howard or anything. When Dwight Howard came to him after they lost to San Antonio that Tuesday night, Otis Smith said go ahead and think about it. Don't make a rash decision. He didn't back door him. He wasn't sleazy or anything like that. Dwight Howard came, spoke to people and obviously, pressure from the family because the dad ... the Orlando Magic organization did a phenomenal job of ingratiating itself with the Dwight Howard family. The father did not want him to leave, did not want him to leave. I'm telling you, I know what I'm saying. I met the father, I talked to the father. Father don't rate particularly fond of me. You understand because I looked him in the face told him where I stood on the matter ... He wanted his son to remain in Orlando.

"So my point is that when Dwight Howard opted in, he did it behind Fegan's back. Fegan had nothing to do with that."

RR: "Oh yeah, yeah, I know."

SAS: "So, if you could do it behind your agent's back once, you're very unpredictable...."

Stephen A. Smith and Ryan Ruocco: 2/14 (Audio @35:00) - ESPN Radio

http://www.netsdaily.com/2013/2/14/3...be-in-brooklyn
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:11 PM   #2
KyrieTheFuture
College superstar

KyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Dwight still believes he will be playing for the Nets next year

I'm not gonna lie, I refuse to believe this. What the **** does rudy gay have to do with this?
KyrieTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:15 PM   #3
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board

Last time the Lakers played the Raptors, Gay wasn't on the team yet.

Meanwhile Dwight is either delusional or very generous and about to take the tax paying MLE to sign with the Nets and play PF.

D.Will / Watson / Taylor
Johnson / B.Gordon / Brooks
Wallace / #1 / Toko
Howard / Evans / Teletovic
Lopez / Howard

I could live with that.

Last edited by ChuckOakley : 02-15-2013 at 12:18 PM.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:18 PM   #4
KyrieTheFuture
College superstar

KyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
Last time the Lakers played the Raptors, Gay wasn't on the team yet.

Boom. Knew this was fishy.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:24 PM   #5
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
Boom. Knew this was fishy.
Someone called him out too....

Quote:
M. King ‏@BrooklynNets11

@stephenasmith Thereís a hole in your Howard story. Dwight and the Lakers never went to Toronto when Gay was playing for the Raptors.
Stephen A Smith ‏@stephenasmith

Whatever hole is not my problem, @BrooklynNets11. All I said is what he said to Rudy Gay. In Memphis? Toronto? Who cares. Hereís the real ?

Does the man want to be in LA come July, @BrooklynNets11. Thatís the question.

Maybe I got it wrong about where he said it, @BrooklynNets11. I donít know. My point was: DWIGHT STILL WANTS TO GO TO BROOKLYN!
Old 02-15-2013, 12:28 PM   #6
KyrieTheFuture
College superstar

Talk about backpedaling...how could Rudy have messed up if he still played for Memphis? Nothing would have happened. SAS is just trying to get some article views and he got caught what an embarrassment.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:39 PM   #7
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

ESPN...the Fox News of sports journalism.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:53 PM   #8
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star

chazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He hasn't seen Rudy since the trade.. and he can only go to Brooklyn if the Lakers trade him within a week. So this is all dumb
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:58 PM   #9
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzy
He hasn't seen Rudy since the trade.. and he can only go to Brooklyn if the Lakers trade him within a week. So this is all dumb
He can sign with Brooklyn for the MLE or the vet min.
He could also be traded their next season or another point in his career.

But yeah.. the Lakers are not trading him to the Nets nor do I think the Nets should trade for him (unfortunately I think King would)
Old 02-15-2013, 01:01 PM   #10
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
He can sign with Brooklyn for the MLE or the vet min.
He could also be traded their next season or another point in his career.

But yeah.. the Lakers are not trading him to the Nets nor do I think the Nets should trade for him (unfortunately I think King would)

It may be possible, but you might as well not mention it because he would not do that under any circumstances right now. No star player in their prime would.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:30 PM   #11
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
It may be possible, but you might as well not mention it because he would not do that under any circumstances right now. No star player in their prime would.
Dwight is a trail blazer.
He will set the new precedent for players taking pay cuts to help their teams and be where they want to be.

Others will follow suit and the Lakers will fill their roster with 12 players for about $12m dollars in two years.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:33 PM   #12
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Dwight's an idiot on so many levels. He can't win on his own or as a featured player, but he doesn't want to change his game to be a compliment at all. He can't (almost literally) get to Brooklyn unless the Lakers decide they need Brook Lopez. They aren't going to do that. And to make it even more funny, the Nets aren't even really pursuing him. During their time in the offseason, at a point Dwight was available the nets got JJ, which hurt their ability greatly to absorb salary. BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T CARE ANYMORE. Even they have moved on.

But the one thing that makes me think that regardless he winds up in LA or MAYBE Dallas is Dwight loves that Addidas money, and that money ain't following him to the Hawks.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:55 PM   #13
G-Funk
Palm Trees & Gangsters

G-Funk has decent reputation

Hahaha. Lakers played the Raptors before the Gay trade. FAIL
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:00 PM   #14
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

tmacattack33 has not been impressing people

"@stephenasmith There’s a hole in your Howard story. Dwight and the Lakers never went to Toronto when Gay was playing for the Raptors.

Whatever hole is not my problem, @BrooklynNets11. All I said is what he said to Rudy Gay. In Memphis? Toronto? Who cares. Here’s the real ?

Does the man want to be in LA come July, @BrooklynNets11. That’s the question.

Maybe I got it wrong about where he said it, @BrooklynNets11. I don’t know. My point was: DWIGHT STILL WANTS TO GO TO BROOKLYN! "

Umm...well if it happened in Memphis, then that means that Rudy Gay had not been traded yet. And so Dwight could not have possibly told Rudy that he had messed up by going to a new team.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:04 PM   #15
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Dwight's an idiot on so many levels. He can't win on his own or as a featured player, but he doesn't want to change his game to be a compliment at all. He can't (almost literally) get to Brooklyn unless the Lakers decide they need Brook Lopez. They aren't going to do that. And to make it even more funny, the Nets aren't even really pursuing him. During their time in the offseason, at a point Dwight was available the nets got JJ, which hurt their ability greatly to absorb salary. BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T CARE ANYMORE. Even they have moved on.

But the one thing that makes me think that regardless he winds up in LA or MAYBE Dallas is Dwight loves that Addidas money, and that money ain't following him to the Hawks.

Why would the money not follow him? Atlanta is a big city but the basketball market seems limited...and a guy like Howard could bring it back. What Rose is to Chicago, Howard can be to Atlanta...only he took the road to get there himself. It could be his redemption. Plus, reuniting with another hometown guy, who's his Best Friend?

His Dad wanted him to stay in Orlando...why wouldn't he want him to come back home? Plus, Smith and Howard are great complements to each other...and they have Horford, who carries value and could bring in another piece.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: