Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-15-2013, 02:17 PM   #31
Midnight Toker
I airball my layups

Midnight Toker has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: This Is Durant's Prime Right Now

It's asinine to say that a 24 yr old superstar cant get better and he's reached his peak. Especially Durant. He just keeps getting better, and he's not done yet.
Midnight Toker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:24 PM   #32
BuffaloBill
Catfish Billy

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This is probably the most retarded thread I've ever read on ISH. And that's saying a lot
BuffaloBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:25 PM   #33
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

24 years old.....
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:28 PM   #34
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The ignorance and overreaction over last night has officially gotten out of hand. Durant may never have a better statistical season than this year. Averaging 29-7.5-4.5-2-1 on 50/40/90 shooting isn't going to be easy to top. However, to assume he won't and can't get any better is just stupid.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:31 PM   #35
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Durant is an amazing scorer. But this is the best its going to get.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:33 PM   #36
Dave3
NBA lottery pick

Dave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
I remember when people used to say the same thing about Lebron.

Durant hasn't even sniffed his prime yet dude.
Agree with the first part, disagree with the second. People always sell these young superstars short in terms of already reaching their prime, but it's usually premature.

The second part though, you don't reach 29/7/4 on 50/40/90 without at least sniffing your prime lol.
Dave3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:34 PM   #37
Dave3
NBA lottery pick

Dave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
The ignorance and overreaction over last night has officially gotten out of hand. Durant may never have a better statistical season than this year. Averaging 29-7.5-4.5-2-1 on 50/40/90 shooting isn't going to be easy to top. However, to assume he won't and can't get any better is just stupid.
Not at all. No one but trolls are overreacting, and they would react at anything because that's what they do. Everyone is still aware he's the second best player, and the gap between him and LeBron isn't as huge as the gap between him and 3rd or 4th place.

He's going to continue to get better until his late 20s.
Dave3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:35 PM   #38
BuffaloBill
Catfish Billy

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Welcome to Insidehoops
BuffaloBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:37 PM   #39
Sarcastic

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think people get a little offended too often on this topic. Just as a reference Michael Jordan scored 37 ppg in his third year at 23 years old. He never reached that number again. That doesn't mean that he never got better as a basketball player, but he just wasn't able to put up those types of stats again. I think as an individual player, he peaked in 1990, the year they lost to the Pistons in game 7. That was when he was the most complete and total player that I had ever seen. The funny thing is, the years that he actually won his rings, he was in the decline phase. His stats went down year after year, but the team got better.

You have to remember, when we are talking about prime and peak, we are talking about individual achievements. When we are talking about winning, we are talking about team achievements. The 2 don't always coincide.

KAJ is another one. He won almost all his titles in his decline period. Wilt Chamberlain as well. He never was able to match his 50/26 season when he was 25 years old.

Last edited by Sarcastic : 02-15-2013 at 02:40 PM.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:45 PM   #40
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected poster

When people just look at Durant's stats, they look better than what actually happened. Look at last night's game. It says he finished with 40 points on 50%. If you actually watched the game, Durant was pathetic and a borderline irrelevant non-factor who was invisible for large portions.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #41
KG215

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
When people just look at Durant's stats, they look better than what actually happened. Look at last night's game. It says he finished with 40 points on 50%. If you actually watched the game, Durant was pathetic and a borderline irrelevant non-factor who was invisible for large portions.
And last night was a bad game for Durant. No one is claiming he played well despite the numbers. But last night was not the norm for Durant this year when it comes to his big numbers and the impact they have on the game.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:19 PM   #42
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

TheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this board

Quote:
This is just an ignorant post by an obvious LBJ stan/KD hater.
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:21 PM   #43
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
This is just an ignorant post by an obvious LBJ stan/KD hater.
Well, I AM a LeBron homer and I definitely do hate KD/OKC. I don't agree with the ignorant part though. I stand by what I said.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:25 PM   #44
KG215

Quote:
Well, I AM a LeBron homer and I definitely do hate KD/OKC. I don't agree with the ignorant part though. I stand by what I said.
No, it was definitely ignorant. Last night was an anomaly. Just because Durant had a 40 point game with little impact last night doesn't mean that it's the norm, because it's not.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:29 PM   #45
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
No, it was definitely ignorant. Last night was an anomaly. Just because Durant had a 40 point game with little impact last night doesn't mean that it's the norm, because it's not.
I didn't say it's the norm. I said the stats he accumulates makes it appear like his impact is greater than it really is. I stand by that 100%.

Look, the dude is obviously a top 5 player in the NBA no matter which way you slice it. I'm just saying his stats look a little more impressive than what he actually does. I just used last night's game as an example of how stats alone can be deceptive.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: