Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-15-2013, 12:02 PM   #16
stax
Mooooooooooose

stax has a terrific reputationstax has a terrific reputationstax has a terrific reputationstax has a terrific reputationstax has a terrific reputation
Default Re: This Is Durant's Prime Right Now

27 years of age is generally considered the peak-prime in more than a few sports, basketball included. Experience + athletic ability. (Durant is 24). Surely everyone knows this shit.
stax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #17
LikeABosh
Banned

LikeABosh is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I agree. Durant is already developed as much he he can as a basketball player. Things that he lacks you can't teach, like Lebron's body, court vision and overall feel for the game
LikeABosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:06 PM   #18
KyrieTheFuture
College star

KyrieTheFuture is considered somewhat coolKyrieTheFuture is considered somewhat coolKyrieTheFuture is considered somewhat cool

This is not Durant's prime that's absolutely retarded. Also, he's already been improving he's a vastly better rebounder and he's making small strides on D. I can't believe how threatened people get by younger players. MJ to Kobe, Kobe to LeBron and now LeBron to Durant it's hilarious how protective of their idols people are.
KyrieTheFuture is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:06 PM   #19
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMT
@ this is Durant's prime and most ref-assisted superstar in the league.
Gad you're finally a believer
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:09 PM   #20
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
This is not Durant's prime

Explain why this isn't his prime.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:12 PM   #21
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

he should bulk up a little.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:17 PM   #22
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

Quote:
This is not Durant's prime that's absolutely retarded. Also, he's already been improving he's a vastly better rebounder and he's making small strides on D. I can't believe how threatened people get by younger players. MJ to Kobe, Kobe to LeBron and now LeBron to Durant it's hilarious how protective of their idols people are.
Yes it is not his peak but prime yes.
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:19 PM   #23
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

TheMan is considered somewhat coolTheMan is considered somewhat cool

These Bron stans are getting ridiculous
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:25 PM   #24
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

Quote:
It 's always gonna happen...when LBJ is past his peak/prime and another player is considered the best (Durant?), his stans are gonna feel threatened by the young up and comer who isn't even in the league today...
Old 02-15-2013, 12:37 PM   #25
KyrieTheFuture
College star

KyrieTheFuture is considered somewhat coolKyrieTheFuture is considered somewhat coolKyrieTheFuture is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
Explain why this isn't his prime.

Personally I define prime and peak as the same thing. I don't think a prime can last longer than 4 years. Therefore, its very hard to believe that 24-28 year old Durant is his prime when its generally accepted that around 27 is the beginning of primes (usually). I say improvement usually flattens out during the prime and I find it ludicrous to suggest Durant will not improve from where he is.
KyrieTheFuture is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:53 PM   #26
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

His prime has started. A player's prime can last a long time though. Usually until about 29 or 30.

Lebron is in his peak. He will be entering his decline phase within a year or two.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:01 PM   #27
Horde of Temujin
Operat.Northwoods=9/11

Horde of Temujin has decent reputation

Prime - yes

Peak - no
Horde of Temujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:03 PM   #28
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
His prime has started. A player's prime can last a long time though. Usually until about 29 or 30.

Lebron is in his peak. He will be entering his decline phase within a year or two.
Especially considering he entered the league so young. The interesting part will be seeing how LBJ refines his game to stay on top when his athleticism declines.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:07 PM   #29
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star

chazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Uh, he just improved from a year ago in all aspects of his game and you're saying he's done developing?
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:12 PM   #30
ralph_i_el
The Wizard

ralph_i_el is popular on this boardralph_i_el is popular on this boardralph_i_el is popular on this boardralph_i_el is popular on this boardralph_i_el is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
Amazing how the refs bail his ass out all the time. Most ref-aided superstar in the league

try dwade. he gets more bogus and-1's too. He'll beat his man and get a clean layup and if you so much as skim his jersey it's a free throw. Durant just gets a lot of free throws because people have to play him so tight
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: