Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2013, 01:54 PM   #16
Magic 32
College superstar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,827
Magic 32 has a bad reputationMagic 32 has a bad reputationMagic 32 has a bad reputationMagic 32 has a bad reputation
Default Re: MJ Discusses Kobe vs. LeBron -vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank
What a pile of tripe. Wade had no problem winning a title with a beaten down Shaq (who saw 10 minutes less per game in miami because he wasn't nearly the same player as he was in LA and with multiple injuries). And Wade didn't have a polished post game at all at the time. Give healthy Wade a PRIME Shaq for 8 years and he easily wins more than 3 titles. A prime Shaq was the most dominant force we've ever seen and demanded triple teams. Wade with all that room and one on one play would destroy the league.

The greats are defined what they bring on the NBA's biggest stage, and its pathetic how poor kobe has played in NBA finals. Wade had more moments in the 2011 NBA finals than kobe has had in his career. That's because kobe was carried. It's sad how kobe lacks big moments on the NBA's biggest stage - and that's because he's the most overrated player in NBA history.

Give Lebron EIGHT years of prime Shaq and he easily has 5 or 6 titles in those 8 years.. and performs far better than Kobe did in the Finals. Kobe always plays his best early in the regular season when other teams are still figuring things out to pump his totals and FG%. Over the 2nd half of the season his FG% plummets, and gets worse as the season goes on (just as it has over the past 2 months dropping, and he's a piss poor 42% for february). that's his MO. and he's even worse in the playoffs, and in the Finals.

He was carried his whole career. He's useless without the best frontcourt in basketball. As evidenced by getting slapped 8 games to 1 against OKC and Dallas in the 2nd round the last 2 years when they brought in Perkins and Chandler to match the Lakers frontcourt advantage. Kobe is not, and never was good enough to be the difference when everything else is matched up evenly.

Because he's never been that good.

It's like 2005 again, just with Lebron fans instead of T-mac and VC fans.

Magic 32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:07 PM   #17
Dragonyeuw
Local High School Star
 
Dragonyeuw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,844
Dragonyeuw is considered somewhat coolDragonyeuw is considered somewhat coolDragonyeuw is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: MJ Discusses Kobe vs. LeBron -vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk

By Jordans reasoning he would not pick himself in 1991 when he won his first championship (at the age of 28) because Magic/Bird were around and had many more rings....

He wouldn't, I recall one of his older highlight films where he basically admitted that Bird and Magic were a tier above him for as long as he was ringless.
Dragonyeuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:09 PM   #18
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!
 
NumberSix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Internets
Posts: 23,149
NumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: MJ Discusses Kobe vs. LeBron -vid

Kobe isn't a threat to MJ's legacy. That ship has sailed. LBJ is still a possible threat.

Obvious is obvious.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:20 PM   #19
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chicago's Finest
Posts: 2,498
Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board
Default Re: MJ Discusses Kobe vs. LeBron -vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
He wouldn't, I recall one of his older highlight films where he basically admitted that Bird and Magic were a tier above him for as long as he was ringless.
Because MJ is pure of heart. No agendas. Just truth.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:22 PM   #20
clayton
Lakers 4 life. Kobe!
 
clayton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,951
clayton is considered somewhat coolclayton is considered somewhat coolclayton is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: MJ Discusses Kobe vs. LeBron -vid

Shaq is turrible. That is all.
clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:22 PM   #21
BrickingStar
Banned
 
BrickingStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,214
BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board
Default Re: MJ Discusses Kobe vs. LeBron -vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money 23
Because MJ is pure of heart. No agendas. Just truth.
Well no, MJ although good at the game, I wouldn't take anything related to talent evaluation from him seriously, like most greats as well.
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:26 PM   #22
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chicago's Finest
Posts: 2,498
Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board
Default Re: MJ Discusses Kobe vs. LeBron -vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickingStar
Well no, MJ although good at the game, I wouldn't take anything related to talent evaluation from him seriously, like most greats as well.
Why? That's just dumb thinking. Because he made bad draft picks? The Kwame Brown draft wasn't star studded with talent, and even then everyone in the league was high on Kwame. And he's never had a high draft pick with an obvious super talented, lock to be a superstar player like LeBron James, Kevin Durant, etc that he passed on ala Portland w/ Sam Bowie.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:29 PM   #23
BrickingStar
Banned
 
BrickingStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,214
BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board
Default Re: MJ Discusses Kobe vs. LeBron -vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money 23
Why? That's just dumb thinking. Because he made bad draft picks? The Kwame Brown draft wasn't star studded with talent, and even then everyone in the league was high on Kwame. And he's never had a high draft pick with an obvious super talented, lock to be a superstar player like LeBron James, Kevin Durant, etc that he passed on ala Portland w/ Sam Bowie.
A lot of bad draft picks and other moves and his opinions are relatively turrrible
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:30 PM   #24
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!
 
NumberSix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Internets
Posts: 23,149
NumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: MJ Discusses Kobe vs. LeBron -vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money 23
Why? That's just dumb thinking. Because he made bad draft picks? The Kwame Brown draft wasn't star studded with talent, and even then everyone in the league was high on Kwame. And he's never had a high draft pick with an obvious super talented, lock to be a superstar player like LeBron James, Kevin Durant, etc that he passed on ala Portland w/ Sam Bowie.
Let's stop playing stupid here. Michael OBVIOUS has ulterior motives for saying what he's saying. The dude flat out has resentment towards LeBron. Never liked him, never will.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:37 PM   #25
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chicago's Finest
Posts: 2,498
Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board
Default Re: MJ Discusses Kobe vs. LeBron -vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
Let's stop playing stupid here. Michael OBVIOUS has ulterior motives for saying what he's saying. The dude flat out has resentment towards LeBron. Never liked him, never will.
Where do you get the fact he has resentment to LeBron?

Wouldn't he be more resentful of Kobe? The guy who basically aped not just his game but his swagger, and mannerisms? He's basically at various times on an NBA stage pretended to be Jordan.

LeBron wore #23 in tribute to him. Why would MJ not like the guy? Well I mean, there is obvious reasons to not like LeBron, but he doesn't disrespect him.

Bron blew one of his Finals appearances in serious chicken shit like fashion. All he is saying is he needs the hardware first. What's his ultimate ulterior motive?

Let's stop playing stupid here, you would lick Bron's shaft if given the opportunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickingStar
A lot of bad draft picks and other moves and his opinions are relatively turrrible
What opinions of his have been terrible? And how does guesstimating a player's potential value in a draft setting, compare to talking about OBVIOUS established, and proven superstar talent? Your argument is quite idiotic.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:42 PM   #26
Hank
Heatles = Dynasty
 
Hank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Listening to the Heatles
Posts: 1,757
Hank is considered somewhat coolHank is considered somewhat coolHank is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: MJ Discusses Kobe vs. LeBron -vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money 23
Where do you get the fact he has resentment to LeBron?

Wouldn't he be more resentful of Kobe? The guy who basically aped not just his game but his swagger, and mannerisms? He's basically at various times on an NBA stage pretended to be Jordan.

LeBron wore #23 in tribute to him. Why would MJ not like the guy? Well I mean, there is obvious reasons to not like LeBron, but he doesn't disrespect him.

Because MJ knows Lebron is a far greater threat to his legacy than Kobe the stringbean is/was.

MJ's agenda was quite clear, and self serving more than anything else.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:43 PM   #27
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain
 
AlphaWolf24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,296
AlphaWolf24 is considered somewhat coolAlphaWolf24 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: MJ Discusses Kobe vs. LeBron -vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
Let's stop playing stupid here. Michael OBVIOUS has ulterior motives for saying what he's saying. The dude flat out has resentment towards LeBron. Never liked him, never will.


- Trolling or serious?

- if serious why?

- MJ never brings up Kobe in a positive light....except when forced to answer questions....He then just answer's them very bluntly....

- MJ said Lebron is dominating the game more then anyone....ever?...I don't what he meant....but it sure as **** doesn't sound like he hate's him.
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:44 PM   #28
NoGunzJustSkillz
2015
 
NoGunzJustSkillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,200
NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: MJ Discusses Kobe vs. LeBron -vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank
Because MJ knows Lebron is a far greater threat to his legacy than Kobe the stringbean is/was.

MJ's agenda was quite clear, and self serving above anything else.
eh, mj used to act the same way toward kobe back in the day.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:45 PM   #29
Mr. Incredible
Good college starter
 
Mr. Incredible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,404
Mr. Incredible has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: MJ Discusses Kobe vs. LeBron -vid

Someone is scared.
Mr. Incredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:46 PM   #30
NoGunzJustSkillz
2015
 
NoGunzJustSkillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,200
NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: MJ Discusses Kobe vs. LeBron -vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank
Because MJ knows Lebron is a far greater threat to his legacy than Kobe the stringbean is/was.

MJ's agenda was quite clear, and self serving more than anything else.
lebron has 3 hall of fame teammates, he better be a far greater threat to mj's legacy.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:26 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy