Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-15-2013, 09:49 AM   #16
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board
Default Re: Chuck Says "LeBron is a bigger stronger Jordan"

Only a retard would be shocked to find out lebron is bigger and stronger than MJ.
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #17
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
No but they're bigger. Size is usually a good indicator of strength. There is no way you're seriously skeptical about who is stronger between the two you're just trolling. That's like saying you can't compare the strengths of Ali and Floyd Mayweather

Yes I'm skeptical, unless there is quantifiable evidence to prove otherwise. Just because you look stronger, or are bigger than someone doesn't mean you're stronger. LeBron is bigger than Ben Wallace and Artest does that mean he's stronger than them?
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:12 AM   #18
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
Yes I'm skeptical, unless there is quantifiable evidence to prove otherwise. Just because you look stronger, or are bigger than someone doesn't mean you're stronger. LeBron is bigger than Ben Wallace and Artest does that mean he's stronger than them?
What reason do you think both of those are stronger than LeBron?I bet I'll be able to use the same reason to assume lbj is strobger than mj
Old 02-15-2013, 10:19 AM   #19
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickingStar
What reason do you think both of those are stronger than LeBron?I bet I'll be able to use the same reason to assume lbj is strobger than mj

I didn't say they were stronger, I asked a question.

Artest and Wallace are regarded as two of the strongest guys in the league, and LeBron is bigger than them. Does it mean he's stronger? No. You need proof that nobody has to determine something like that.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:29 AM   #20
BrickingStar
Banned

Quote:

Artest and Wallace are regarded as two of the strongest guys in the league, and LeBron is bigger than them. Does it mean he's stronger? No. You need proof that nobody has to determine something like that.
Which is why you contradicting yourself with the sentence before the bold. Based on what are those 2 stronger than lebron? Only thing I've heard about them is being one of the more thuggish players in the league, which doesn't make them stronger. Certainly only a retard would actually state "Artest and Wallace are regarded as two of the strongest guys in the league" as if it were actually evidence I can tell you something tho, lebron does look stronger driving to the rim and with his go to move the "bull rush". The only thing we can go by is appearance and LBJ sure wins on that category when compared to MJ but like you said it's not absolute.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:28 AM   #21
Joey3000
High school junior varsity star

Joey3000 has not been impressing people

Quote:
No but they're bigger. Size is usually a good indicator of strength. There is no way you're seriously skeptical about who is stronger between the two you're just trolling. That's like saying you can't compare the strengths of Ali and Floyd Mayweather

Nope, your wrong. You also cant prove that James is strong than Allen Iverson since size gives zero hint to who is stronger.

smh, its like people will snub out logic to ride for their hero's or hate on someone else.
Joey3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:31 AM   #22
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickingStar
Which is why you contradicting yourself with the sentence before the bold. Based on what are those 2 stronger than lebron? Only thing I've heard about them is being one of the more thuggish players in the league, which doesn't make them stronger. Certainly only a retard would actually state "Artest and Wallace are regarded as two of the strongest guys in the league" as if it were actually evidence I can tell you something tho, lebron does look stronger driving to the rim and with his go to move the "bull rush". The only thing we can go by is appearance and LBJ sure wins on that category when compared to MJ but like you said it's not absolute.

I didn't say they were stronger, I said 'they were regarded as two of the strongest'. That's not a contradiction. I haven't said one player is stronger than another in this thread. My whole f*cking argument is that it is impossible to tell.

I didn't use that statement as 'evidence'. Holy shit man.

- Guy says, "LeBron is bigger so he's stronger."

- Then I said, "LeBron is bigger than Wallace and Artest who were regarded as two strong guys. Does that make LeBron stronger?"
Old 02-15-2013, 11:32 AM   #23
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

Size being an indicator Of strength?

I know people who are 6"3 220 with a very athletic build who can't even bench their own body weight
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:37 AM   #24
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

LeBron is not a bigger stronger Jordan.

Doesn't have nearly the body control or ability to get off tough shots.

It would be cool though to see a replica of Jordan at that size and strength.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:39 AM   #25
tpols
5-time NBA All-Star

tpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputation

Quote:

Artest and big Ben were 240-250.. MJ is 210-220. It is easier to make up 20 pounds than it is 50+. Bron is all muscle at 270.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:40 AM   #26
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

A bigger stronger Jordan is by far the best post up player by far. He would be like Shaq mixed with Hakeem down their with Lebron's build.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:40 AM   #27
scm5
Decent college freshman

scm5 has decent reputation

Lebron is bigger and stronger than Jordan, but he's not similar to Jordan at all in terms of playstyle.

Jordan's playstyle was a mixture between Kobe and Wade. Lebron is a freaking freight train with a 3 point shot now. He's hard as hell to guard, and once he elevates, goodluck!
scm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:03 PM   #28
KyrieTheFuture
College superstar

KyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputation

Too many people I want to respond to so I'll just make a general statement. I think it's unfair to use random dudes at the gym as a basis of the size =/= strength argument. These are pro athletes so I'd like to think it's a little different. I can't guarantee that LeBron is stronger but I'd definitely give more than a 50/50 chance. I misunderstood ProfessorMurder I thought he was refusing to believe LeBron even had a chance of being stronger
KyrieTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:08 PM   #29
gengiskhan
Banned

gengiskhan has a bad reputationgengiskhan has a bad reputationgengiskhan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy35
Lebron is a better basketball player, probably ever, but Jordan was one of the best along with championships which make him the best.

regarded statements like you mentioned above dont help!

until LBJ comes even close to 35 /5 /5 with being "steals leader"
until LBJ comes even close to 32.5 / 8/8 with being "steals leader"
until LBJ comes even close to 32.1/6/6 with being "steals leader"

He aint coming close to MJ.

this year. LBJ wont even be "Dunk champ" let alone being a "scoring leader" + "steals leader" in the same year.
gengiskhan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: