Originally Posted by sportsfan76
Is there really any dunk a player can do in 2013 that we haven't seen before??? I mean unless someone can jump from the 3-point line and dunk the contest is pointless. Why not replace the dunk contest with
Longer three point contest
Game of Horse?
The longer this contest goes on the harder it gets to do something new.
There's plenty of stuff left to be done in an NBA dunk contest.
Just watch the Sprite Amatuer dunk contests of the last few years. Or watch James White's youtube videos.
- foul line windmill
- between the legs 360
- between the legs from foul line
- between the legs twice
- behind the back while doing a 360
- behind the back from foul line
- between the legs from Andre Igoudala alley oop position behind the backboard
- behind the back alley oop from Andre Igoudala position
...and much more. I just typed that out in literally a minute, without stopping