Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-15-2013, 12:56 AM   #16
Kingwillball
NBA All-star

Default Re: Durant for MVP? What a joke. Lebron 4x!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Jack
It's still early. The media is very fickle and while it seems from a baskebtall standpoint, LeBron deserves it; if Durant closes out the year great and LeBron goes back to "normal" he very well may get it.

This might be his new Normal also the two head to head matchups and Heat wins could serve as Tiebreaker in minds of Voters. Would Take Durant Averaging close to 35 ppg rest of reason on over 50% shooting and best or second best record in League to be in conversation at this point.
Kingwillball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:59 AM   #17
Dave3
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
Rose was a joke of an MVP. Get over it.

If you wanna argue that Dwight, was the MVP, fine. Fcuk off with the Rose nonsense though. The dude was all media hype.
Get over what? I'm way more of a LeBron fan than a Rose fan, I'm just realistic. There's nothing for me to get over, I thought Rose or Dwight were the MVP that year, and one of them got 93% of the first place votes, so clearly enough people agree with me, so I'm going to think I'm right. I've actually made an argument for why while you're just blaming media hype...
Dave3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:43 AM   #18
Simple Jack
Fredette About It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave3
But he was carrying an offense that desperately needed him to survive. Miami was a great defensive team before LeBron got there too. LeBron added to that defense, but he didn't turn them into that great defensive team all of a sudden.

I agree he was the majority of their offense, but again, that wasn't Chicago's claim to dominance. They won on the glass and with their defense.

I also remember reading that the offense was pretty similar with Rose on and off the court. Not sure if that's true or not; and I'm sure there is much more context to it even if it was true but I think it's something that should be considered.

I simply thought Dwight and LeBron were both better individual players, and more valuable to their respective teams that year.
Simple Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:50 AM   #19
Fudge
dont hate on da brodie

NumberSix never has an argument. Just bland one liners thats strictly his opinion.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:58 AM   #20
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Jack
I agree he was the majority of their offense, but again, that wasn't Chicago's claim to dominance. They won on the glass and with their defense.

I also remember reading that the offense was pretty similar with Rose on and off the court. Not sure if that's true or not; and I'm sure there is much more context to it even if it was true but I think it's something that should be considered.

I simply thought Dwight and LeBron were both better individual players, and more valuable to their respective teams that year.
It's true. Their offensive stats were nearly identical when he was on the bench. You could argue that when Rose was on the bench, the other teams starting PG was probably on the bench too, so it's a little deceptive. Doesn't change the fact that Derrick Rose was not an efficient player or PG. That team was built on defense and depth. They were only marginally worse without him, if at all.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:00 AM   #21
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge
NumberSix never has an argument. Just bland one liners thats strictly his opinion.
Yeah, I never post any posts full of facts or statistics. Ever. I never back up statements .
Old 02-15-2013, 02:03 AM   #22
Fudge
dont hate on da brodie

Quote:
Yeah, I never post any posts full of facts or statistics. Ever. I never back up statements .
Am I lying?
Old 02-15-2013, 02:04 AM   #23
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge
Am I lying?
Old 02-15-2013, 02:08 AM   #24
Graviton
The Lost Ninja Turtle

Quote:
It's true. Their offensive stats were nearly identical when he was on the bench. You could argue that when Rose was on the bench, the other teams starting PG was probably on the bench too, so it's a little deceptive. Doesn't change the fact that Derrick Rose was not an efficient player or PG. That team was built on defense and depth. They were only marginally worse without him, if at all.
Yea we see how good they are without him. Should just trade him.

62-20, no other all-stars on the roster, 3-0 vs the Heat in the regular season, first team All NBA, outplayed every other elite PG that season, was probably the best PG in the league. Was the leader in multiple clutch statistics and won quite a few games for them in the 4th quarter.

They are an ok team without Rose, but they are a #1 seed WITH him. He deserved the MVP, not a hard concept to grasp, Discrediting a player for their team makeup can be done with anyone.

OH LEBRON HAS WADE/BOSH, HE DOESN'T DESERVE IT!
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:09 AM   #25
Mr. Jabbar
Xmas MVP

Quote:

Too short didn't read
Mr. Jabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:12 AM   #26
Fudge
dont hate on da brodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
Yea we see how good they are without him. Should just trade him.

62-20, no other all-stars on the roster, 3-0 vs the Heat in the regular season, first team All NBA, outplayed every other elite PG that season, was probably the best PG in the league. Was the leader in multiple clutch statistics and won quite a few games for them in the 4th quarter.

They are an ok team without Rose, but they are a #1 seed WITH him. He deserved the MVP, not a hard concept to grasp, Discrediting a player for their team makeup can be done with anyone.

OH LEBRON HAS WADE/BOSH, HE DOESN'T DESERVE IT!
Come on, you already know that Heat fans try to downplay both of them just to prop LeBron up. Bet they had no idea Bosh has been playing phenomonal the past 2 games. Arguably an even better game than Lebron against Portland. It's just LeBron to them.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:13 AM   #27
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
Too short didn't read

bookmarked for future rep
Old 02-15-2013, 03:47 AM   #28
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

Lebron pretty much has it on lock now..
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: