Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-15-2013, 06:15 PM   #1
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Michael Jordan beats MKG in a game of 1 on 1

"Michael Kidd-Gilchrist didn’t think he would lose. Not in 1-on-1. Not to a 50-year-old guy.

He was wrong.

But hey, at least that 50-year-old guy was His Airness, Michael Jordan.

Kidd-Gilchrist, 19, said the 1-on-1 game between he and Jordan, who is the majority owner of the Bobcats, the team for which Kidd-Gilchrist plays, happened about a month ago after a practice.

“He did play me 1-on-1 one time,” Kidd-Gilchrist said on Friday morning before playing on Team Shaq in the Rising Stars Challenge Friday night. “And it was hard for me … I lost. I lost to a 50-year-old guy. That’s my boss, though. He’s the best player to play the game.”

But Kidd-Gilchrist didn’t lose to a 50-year-old. He lost to a 49-year-old. Jordan doesn’t turn 50 until Sunday.

"Yeah. Of course," he said when asked if he thought he was going to beat Jordan. "I don’t think I’m gonna lose. I mean, he is 50."

Did Kidd-Gilchrist even really lose, though. Or did he let his boss beat him?

“No,” he said emphatically. “No. I didn’t allow him to beat me. Because that’s my boss? Nah.”

Jordan recently talked about trying to get back down to his playing weight with Wright Thompson for an in-depth ESPN story. The story, along with the well-known competitive nature of Jordan, has sparked some debate and rumors about a possible comeback for Jordan, who is already in the Hall of Fame.

“That wouldn’t shock me at all,” Kidd-Gilchrist said about a possible Jordan comeback. “He still has it. He does.”

http://www.csnhouston.com/blog/2013-...ost-jordan-1-1

Jordan still breaking fools off at 50 with that post game .
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:17 PM   #2
LikeABosh
Banned

LikeABosh is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Michael Jordan beats MKG in a game of 1 on 1

LikeABosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:21 PM   #3
tikay0
Banned

tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:04 PM   #4
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

You don't have to run much playing 1 on 1. I would bet Jordan could beat most starting wings 1 on 1.

But if Jordan played half court he would have a tougher time. Full court, forget it.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:09 PM   #5
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
You don't have to run much playing 1 on 1. I would bet Jordan could beat most starting wings 1 on 1.

But if Jordan played half court he would have a tougher time. Full court, forget it.
They mentioned in the article how sore he was after playing 1-1. He probably wouldn't be able to walk for days if they went full court.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:13 PM   #6
PJR
College superstar

PJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputation

Not difficult to envision. Nikka was dropping 20ppg at 40, and had 50 point game.
PJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:53 PM   #7
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikay0
never seen this pic. classic.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:20 PM   #8
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

DStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this board

DStebb716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:22 PM   #9
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

creepiest pic i've seen in a while.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:25 PM   #10
BuffaloBill
Titty Master

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He probably beat him using his old man mid range shot. Every old man has it
BuffaloBill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:25 PM   #11
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
"Michael Kidd-Gilchrist didn’t think he would lose. Not in 1-on-1. Not to a 50-year-old guy.

He was wrong.

But hey, at least that 50-year-old guy was His Airness, Michael Jordan.

Kidd-Gilchrist, 19, said the 1-on-1 game between he and Jordan, who is the majority owner of the Bobcats, the team for which Kidd-Gilchrist plays, happened about a month ago after a practice.

“He did play me 1-on-1 one time,” Kidd-Gilchrist said on Friday morning before playing on Team Shaq in the Rising Stars Challenge Friday night. “And it was hard for me … I lost. I lost to a 50-year-old guy. That’s my boss, though. He’s the best player to play the game.”

But Kidd-Gilchrist didn’t lose to a 50-year-old. He lost to a 49-year-old. Jordan doesn’t turn 50 until Sunday.

"Yeah. Of course," he said when asked if he thought he was going to beat Jordan. "I don’t think I’m gonna lose. I mean, he is 50."

Did Kidd-Gilchrist even really lose, though. Or did he let his boss beat him?

“No,” he said emphatically. “No. I didn’t allow him to beat me. Because that’s my boss? Nah.”

Jordan recently talked about trying to get back down to his playing weight with Wright Thompson for an in-depth ESPN story. The story, along with the well-known competitive nature of Jordan, has sparked some debate and rumors about a possible comeback for Jordan, who is already in the Hall of Fame.

“That wouldn’t shock me at all,” Kidd-Gilchrist said about a possible Jordan comeback. “He still has it. He does.”

http://www.csnhouston.com/blog/2013-...ost-jordan-1-1

Jordan still breaking fools off at 50 with that post game .

I wonder if there's a detailed account.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:47 PM   #12
dbk123
Banned

dbk123 has not been impressing people

thats probably because mkg has no jumper
dbk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:54 PM   #13
tikay0
Banned

tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:03 PM   #14
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Was going to post in that other thread, but decided against it. Don't want to cause an uproar.

I'll say it here, though... As someone who lived through the Jordan years and rooted against him thoroughly every time he took the floor....

No one is even close in today's game. No one. Unless you lived through it, you don't understand. And, I have little doubt that he would be probably average or maybe a little above average if he came back at 49.
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:13 PM   #15
PleezeBelieve
#TeamOhio: 73-9

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Greatness at its finest!!
PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: