Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2013, 02:18 PM   #16
gabepizza
Good High School Starter
 
gabepizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 999
gabepizza has decent reputation
Default Re: The return of Sonny Weems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
Bold 1 - He only led them in regular season where the weakest teams are in top 16 he isn't leading them and if he doesn't led them in ppg in top 8 he him leading the team in points won't matter because he couldn't do it against better teams .

Bold 2 - And 6 TOs

Also this is his best or 2nd best game in top 16 he usualy plays worse than this .

I don't know how you can disregard the regular the regular season like that. The games still count. And even if you just take the top 16 he is still third on the team in scoring.
gabepizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:47 PM   #17
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion
 
Fiba basketball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,216
Fiba basketball has decent reputation
Default Re: The return of Sonny Weems

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabepizza
I don't know how you can disregard the regular the regular season like that. The games still count. And even if you just take the top 16 he is still third on the team in scoring.

Because those teams are a lot worse and even one of the worst players on teams like CSKA could have good game against teams like that .

So being 3rd best scorer on your team is a good thing when you can't rebound , play defense or assist ? Only way he can contribute to his team is if he can score 15+ ppg but people look at the points and think he plays very good when he scores 13 or 14 but because of other thing he isn't .
Fiba basketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:21 PM   #18
gabepizza
Good High School Starter
 
gabepizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 999
gabepizza has decent reputation
Default Re: The return of Sonny Weems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
Because those teams are a lot worse and even one of the worst players on teams like CSKA could have good game against teams like that .

So being 3rd best scorer on your team is a good thing when you can't rebound , play defense or assist ? Only way he can contribute to his team is if he can score 15+ ppg but people look at the points and think he plays very good when he scores 13 or 14 but because of other thing he isn't .

He is tied for 3rd on the team in assists for the top 16 and had some very nice assists yesterday (4) so don't go off saying he can't assist.
gabepizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:40 PM   #19
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 12,312
Euroleague has not been impressing people
Default Re: The return of Sonny Weems

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabepizza
Who said offense? Kirilenko was the league MVP and DPOY so he definitely was a top player on CSKA. Weems is leading the team in scoring so he is also one of the leaders of the team. Other teams actually have coaches and scouts too and they will actually try to play defense against a team's top scorer they are not retarded like you.

You keep using this word "leading" or "lead"............

Kirilenko and Weems have never been "leading" or "lead" any pro team. That implies the player that runs or heads the offense of the team.

That would actually be Teodosic and somewhat also Khryapa, and last year Siskauskas. But mainly Teodosic. Certainly NOTHING to do with either Kirilenko or Weems.

But you say this like "lead the team to the final", "leads the team through the top 16", etc.............

You try to make it sound like a guy standing at the 3 point line on offense "lead his team" to whatever.

Last edited by Euroleague : 02-15-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:41 PM   #20
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 12,312
Euroleague has not been impressing people
Default Re: The return of Sonny Weems

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabepizza
This is the same thing over and over. Kirilenko was league MVP and DPOY so not only was he the best player on CSKA he was the best player in the league.

As for Sonny Weems, this is the same discussion I have with FIBA basketball. If a player for one game leads the team in points you can say he got all open shots and lay-ups because of his teammates. If a player leads the team in scoring for the season than he is a team leader. You see, while maybe not on the level of the NBA, Euroleague teams have scouts and coaches too who work. They scout their opponents and will try to stop or at least slow a team's leading scorer.

And I did watch the game. Yes Weems finished lots of great passes but also passed to his teammate for his 4 assists. He was a major component of a team that just eviscerated Panathinaikos.

Sorry, but no he was not.

As for Weems, he is limited on offense, period. Without Teodosic, he would not score more than 10 a game on that team. He's nowhere near to being one of the better scorers in Euroleague.

I would describe Weems as a poor man's Linas Kleiza (prior to the micro fracture surgery). Weems is a good player, maybe even a very good one, but he's clearly not as good as you say he is - not even close to that.

You have this bizarre fascination with overrating a select few of Euroleague players like Rubio, Jennings, Lawson, Dragic, Childress, Bobby Brown, Weems......it's really odd.

Last edited by Euroleague : 02-15-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:46 PM   #21
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 12,312
Euroleague has not been impressing people
Default Re: The return of Sonny Weems

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabepizza
I would argue 4th best player, I don't know how you can call a teams leading scorers, 2nd in mpg, 3rd in apg, 5 in rpg their 5th or 6th best player. Still as a team's 4th best player it will be hard to get selected to an all-Euroleague team/ The headline of this post is "the return of Sonny Weems". He had a few bad games and was injured, now he seems to be back. Let's see how he does for the rest of the top 16 and the quarter-finals.

He is not only leading his team in points, he is 6th in the whole league, something to look at too.

Stats, stats, stats, stats. You are a stats whore that can't properly judge basketball.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:04 PM   #22
gabepizza
Good High School Starter
 
gabepizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 999
gabepizza has decent reputation
Default Re: The return of Sonny Weems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
Sorry, but no he was not.

As for Weems, he is limited on offense, period. Without Teodosic, he would not score more than 10 a game on that team. He's nowhere near to being one of the better scorers in Euroleague.

I would describe Weems as a poor man's Linas Kleiza (prior to the micro fracture surgery). Weems is a good player, maybe even a very good one, but he's clearly not as good as you say he is - not even close to that.

You have this bizarre fascination with overrating a select few of Euroleague players like Rubio, Jennings, Lawson, Dragic, Childress, Bobby Brown, Weems......it's really odd.


Well according to actual Euroleague, not some poster who uses the name Euroleague, Kirilenko was the most valuable player and the defensive player of the year in Euroleague. So coming from the actual league of Euroleague...yes he was.
gabepizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:09 PM   #23
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion
 
Fiba basketball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,216
Fiba basketball has decent reputation
Default Re: The return of Sonny Weems

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabepizza
He is tied for 3rd on the team in assists for the top 16 and had some very nice assists yesterday (4) so don't go off saying he can't assist.

For every assit he has a turnover , he averages 2 apg and 2 tpg so no he can't assist .
Fiba basketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #24
gabepizza
Good High School Starter
 
gabepizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 999
gabepizza has decent reputation
Default Re: The return of Sonny Weems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
For every assit he has a turnover , he averages 2 apg and 2 tpg so no he can't assist .


So we're taking turnovers into account when judging assists then? Well Teodosic averages 5 apg and over 3 tpg so he really isn't that great at assists either than.
gabepizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:24 PM   #25
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion
 
Fiba basketball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,216
Fiba basketball has decent reputation
Default Re: The return of Sonny Weems

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabepizza
So we're taking turnovers into account when judging assists then? Well Teodosic averages 5 apg and over 3 tpg so he really isn't that great at assists either than.

Thats why you need to watch games to see how good someone is and not to watch the stats .

If you counted the assits in Europe the sam way you do in NBA Teodosic would have around 10 assists but Weems would still have 2 or maybe 3 because only time Weems passes is when he can get an assists in othere words when his teammate is wide open .

And Teodosic doesn't have over 3 tpg he averages 2.9 I think
Fiba basketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:46 PM   #26
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 12,312
Euroleague has not been impressing people
Default Re: The return of Sonny Weems

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabepizza
Well according to actual Euroleague, not some poster who uses the name Euroleague, Kirilenko was the most valuable player and the defensive player of the year in Euroleague. So coming from the actual league of Euroleague...yes he was.

No he was not. Using your logic Karl Malone and Charles Barkley were better than Michael Jordan just because they won NBA MVP and Jordan didn't. Again, you show what an idiot you are.

You suffer from what is known as black and white thinking disease.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:47 PM   #27
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 12,312
Euroleague has not been impressing people
Default Re: The return of Sonny Weems

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabepizza
So we're taking turnovers into account when judging assists then? Well Teodosic averages 5 apg and over 3 tpg so he really isn't that great at assists either than.

John Wooden said that the best player in the league is always the guy that is first in turnovers. He said it was an absolute fact of basketball actually.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:48 PM   #28
gabepizza
Good High School Starter
 
gabepizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 999
gabepizza has decent reputation
Default Re: The return of Sonny Weems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
Thats why you need to watch games to see how good someone is and not to watch the stats .

If you counted the assits in Europe the sam way you do in NBA Teodosic would have around 10 assists but Weems would still have 2 or maybe 3 because only time Weems passes is when he can get an assists in othere words when his teammate is wide open .

And Teodosic doesn't have over 3 tpg he averages 2.9 I think

:25 nice pass by Weems.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzPnz0uOlgI


Also how about the block by Farmar?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTZuEiV1Eks

Reminds Llull that he is not being guarded by some unathletic Euroleague guard like Spanoulis but by "Michael" Jordan Farmar!
gabepizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:18 PM   #29
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion
 
Fiba basketball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,216
Fiba basketball has decent reputation
Default Re: The return of Sonny Weems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
John Wooden said that the best player in the league is always the guy that is first in turnovers. He said it was an absolute fact of basketball actually.

Thats stupid .

Using that logic Planinic is best player in Europe .

And you only said that because Spanoulis is one of the players with most tos in EL history .
Fiba basketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:24 PM   #30
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion
 
Fiba basketball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,216
Fiba basketball has decent reputation
Default Re: The return of Sonny Weems

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabepizza
:25 nice pass by Weems.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzPnz0uOlgI


Also how about the block by Farmar?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTZuEiV1Eks

Reminds Llull that he is not being guarded by some unathletic Euroleague guard like Spanoulis but by "Michael" Jordan Farmar!

That isn't Llull . You don't even know names of players .

It was a nice pass from Weems but thats the only kind of pass I saw him do this season and he does it only 2 times in a game .
Fiba basketball is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:07 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy