Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-14-2013, 11:29 PM   #1006
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: okc vs miami gamethread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank
The Heat now have a .800 winning percentage against the Western conference.

20-5

No Western Conference team can beat Miami in a 7 game series. I think the only team that has a legitimate chance against the Heat in a series is Indiana, and even that would be a stretch.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:37 PM   #1007
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickingStar
because he didn't average 30 points, 50% fg 9.7 rebounds 5.6 assist last post season to win it all.
His finals numbers dragged the rest of his playoff numbers down... just a smidge. You might say they didn't need him that much, because the role players all stepped up... but I need to see him shoot 60%. Because that is what the media is telling me, that he can do this every game.

Plus, it wasn't an 82 game season.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:38 PM   #1008
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
No Western Conference team can beat Miami in a 7 game series. I think the only team that has a legitimate chance against the Heat in a series is Indiana, and even that would be a stretch.
This and this.
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:43 PM   #1009
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
And the Knicks

Oh, we're gonna act like 2 blowout losses mean nothing. I love double standards baby
Old 02-14-2013, 11:43 PM   #1010
Indian guy
Very good NBA starter

Indian guy has decent reputation

One downer for Miami tonight was Wade, who continues to struggle this season against teams who have athletic wings and big men that can contest shots well. He has to find a way to get his jumper going against such teams, because Miami will be facing plenty of them in the playoffs.
Indian guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:44 PM   #1011
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
His finals numbers dragged the rest of his playoff numbers down... just a smidge. You might say they didn't need him that much, because the role players all stepped up... but I need to see him shoot 60%. Because that is what the media is telling me, that he can do this every game.

What the hell does not being a 82 game season have to do with how he played in the playoffs, all teams in the NBA played the same amount of games and had the same amount of rest.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:48 PM   #1012
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
And the Knicks

Oh, we're gonna act like 2 blowout losses mean nothing. I love double standards baby

Knicks have been playing like absolute shit lately. And the Heat are playing much better ball than they were earlier in the season, and Lebron has been on a blistering pace.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:48 PM   #1013
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
What the hell does not being a 82 game season have to do with how he played in the playoffs, all teams in the NBA played the same amount of games and had the same amount of rest.
Dude stop quoting me

Lebron wore down in the Finals against the Mavs and he wore down against the Celtics the year before that. They were full 82 game seasons, in which he was great in and had to carry much of the load. He is doing a lot of carrying right now. Stop asking me this question you troll
Old 02-14-2013, 11:49 PM   #1014
raid09
Local High School Star

raid09 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian guy
One downer for Miami tonight was Wade, who continues to struggle this season against teams who have athletic wings and big men that can contest shots well. He has to find a way to get his jumper going against such teams, because Miami will be facing plenty of them in the playoffs.

He couldn't score well tonight, but he still looked way more active tonight than he did at a lot of points last year. He played solid defense on Durant despite giving up 5+ inches, and was everywhere on help D, when he wasn't being called for a foul. His 2-man with Bosh was on point as usual as well.

Granted, there will be points in the post-season when he needs to score against good teams.
raid09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:50 PM   #1015
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

Quote:
Knicks have been playing like absolute shit lately. And the Heat are playing much better ball than they were earlier in the season, and Lebron has been on a blistering pace.
Agreed on both. But would love a showdown once the Knicks old farts get healthy (if ever). It can either nail in my coffin for the faith I have in Melo leading the team... or bring me to my near basketball fandom climax.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:54 PM   #1016
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

Quote:

Find me where they've actually said that and you expect the highest level of competition to be the same as a regular season game? Go back to playing bball with fragile white boys please LeBron last postseason was dominant, no way around it.
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:57 PM   #1017
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickingStar
Find me where they've actually said that and you expect the highest level of competition to be the same as a regular season game? Go back to playing bball with fragile white boys please LeBron last postseason was dominant, no way around it.
lol at personal shots. They weren't even white. But thank you for remembering

OK, so we should expect lesser numbers in the playoffs, gotcha. I can accept that
Old 02-14-2013, 11:58 PM   #1018
BuffaloBill
Catfish Billy

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

If the Spurs and Heat met in the finals, I'd put my money on the Spurs. But that's the only team.
BuffaloBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:59 PM   #1019
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

Quote:
lol at personal shots. They weren't even white. But thank you for remembering

OK, so we should expect lesser numbers in the playoffs, gotcha. I can accept that
Ignores that they werent fragile middle schoolers. At least listen to your bums superstars words on the knicks. Drink Milk.
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:02 AM   #1020
tazb
HoFx3+1

tazb posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrytazb posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrytazb posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacattack33
OKC couldn't do it (beat Miami) with James Harden. Not sure why the think they can do it with Kevin Martin.

Lebron will do better than Durant almost all the time. At worst, those two will cancel each other out.

And then you'll have Westbrook playing like an idiot. Meanwhile, Wade and Bosh won't play like idiots and will help Lebron out a lot.

And Perkins is a liability against Miami since he can't stay with Bosh.

San Antonio and LAC are Miami's biggest competition right now.

Good post.
tazb is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: