Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-14-2013, 11:16 PM   #991
Indian guy
Very good NBA starter

Indian guy has decent reputation
Default Re: okc vs miami gamethread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFT4DEAD
I wonder if he showed us that he doesnt care about that 60% thing with that long three?

LeBron is VERY aware of his numbers. The fact that he took such a low % shot with the game about to finish tells me he didn't know he was right on the cusp of dropping below 60% with a miss. I'm disappointed. Would've loved to see the streak continue. I also can't believe he wasn't running for the ball at the end of the game when OKC was fouling intentionally. 40+ points looks a lot more impressive than 39. Kobe was a MASTER at this. Would often pad 4-6 points through intentional fouls alone. Would go for the ball like crazy in those situations.

And Durant, good ****ing lord, what it it about this guy that makes the league so completely shameless? Nobody in NBA history comes close to the type of love he receives from officials. That has to be the most hollow 40 point game I've ever seen. Miami basically stopped guarding him after a while, knowing even breathing within his vicinity was going to result in a whistle.
Indian guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:17 PM   #992
Hank
Heatles = Dynasty

Hank is considered somewhat coolHank is considered somewhat coolHank is considered somewhat cool

Durant is empty points like Kobe, but Durant is much more efficient doing it than Kobe's hollow empty play.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:18 PM   #993
Dave3
NBA lottery pick

Dave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingwillball
This but as far as MVP voting goes this game should of wrapped it up for Lebron but Durant getting a meaningless 40 looks good on stat sheet and to some who didn't watch gm or pay close attention think Durant played Lebron even.
Even the casual fan is exposed to all the media talking about how LeBron dominated Durant, so even guys who aren't aware know who played better, and will end up voting for LeBron. Mind you, it's only been 50 games. Durant isn't out of the MVP race from only 7 games...
Dave3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:18 PM   #994
LikeABosh
Banned

LikeABosh is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian guy
LeBron is VERY aware of his numbers. The fact that he took such a low % shot with the game about to finish tells me he didn't know he was right on the cusp of dropping below 60% with a miss. I'm disappointed. Would've loved to see the streak continue. I also can't believe he wasn't running for the ball at the end of the game when OKC was fouling intentionally. 40+ points look a lot more impressive than 39. Kobe was a MASTER at this. Would often pad 4-6 points in close through intentional fouls alone. Would go for the ball like crazy in those situations.

And Durant, good ****ing lord, what it it about this guy that makes the league so completely shameless? Nobody in NBA history comes to the type of love he receives from officials. That has to be the most hollow 40 point game I've ever seen. Miami basically stopped guarding him after a while, knowing even breathing within his vicinity was going to result in a whistle.
Yea, a little disappointing he didn't demand the ball at the end for some fts
LikeABosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:20 PM   #995
Hank
Heatles = Dynasty

Hank is considered somewhat coolHank is considered somewhat coolHank is considered somewhat cool

The Heat now have a .800 winning percentage against the Western conference.

20-5
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:21 PM   #996
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat cool

I know Lebron knew. He was just tired of this shit that the media keeps talking about. So he was like, hmmm let me win some more fans and let them know I am doing it because all I care about is winning.

But he's a great player, great game. Just need to see this domination in the playoffs when teams gameplan for you throughout a bunch of games, not just 1.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:23 PM   #997
LikeABosh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
I know Lebron knew. He was just tired of this shit that the media keeps talking about. So he was like, hmmm let me win some more fans and let them know I am doing it because all I care about is winning.

But he's a great player, great game. Just need to see this domination in the playoffs when teams gameplan for you throughout a bunch of games, not just 1.
Did 2012 not just happen?
Old 02-14-2013, 11:23 PM   #998
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

When do they build LeBron's statue?
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:23 PM   #999
LikeABosh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank
The Heat now have a .800 winning percentage against the Western conference.

20-5
Heat wouldn't survive in the West though. 4th seed at best
Old 02-14-2013, 11:24 PM   #1000
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is a pretty well-respected posterbrandonislegend is a pretty well-respected posterbrandonislegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

The Heat won the championship last year...
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:24 PM   #1001
Dave3
NBA lottery pick

Dave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian guy
LeBron is VERY aware of his numbers. The fact that he took such a low % shot with the game about to finish tells me he didn't know he was right on the cusp of dropping below 60% with a miss. I'm disappointed. Would've loved to see the streak continue. I also can't believe he wasn't running for the ball at the end of the game when OKC was fouling intentionally. 40+ points looks a lot more impressive than 39. Kobe was a MASTER at this. Would often pad 4-6 points through intentional fouls alone. Would go for the ball like crazy in those situations.

And Durant, good ****ing lord, what it it about this guy that makes the league so completely shameless? Nobody in NBA history comes close to the type of love he receives from officials. That has to be the most hollow 40 point game I've ever seen. Miami basically stopped guarding him after a while, knowing even breathing within his vicinity was going to result in a whistle.
You kind of disprove your point twice there -
a. He took a terrible shot when he was at 61% (assuming he was even aware at being 60%+)

b. He didn't even try getting the ball to get fouled, and let the play run for Allen instead. Even when it happened again he didn't even look at the ball.

Not to mention if LeBron cared about stats, he'd take way more shots and go for 30-40 points every single game, just because he can. But he doesn't, he moves the ball around, always looks for the best shot for his team, and gives up chances to have big nights just to play the right way. People say he's stat padding when he moves the ball - it's the opposite, he ruins his stats by not taking 20-25 shots and instead initiating ball movement for other players to get their shots and stay happy. He takes less shots so Wade and Bosh can get more shots than usual, just so the team has better chemistry and everyone gets touches. This isn't a guy who gives two shits about numbers, he's just playing basketball the way he has been his whole career - team oriented.
Dave3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:25 PM   #1002
LikeABosh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickingStar
When do they build LeBron's statue?
I heard they're planning on building one in Durant's front lawn.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:26 PM   #1003
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
The Heat won the championship last year...
I didn't know that dude. I wasn't aware there was any playoffs last year... smh
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:26 PM   #1004
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

Quote:

because he didn't average 30 points, 50% fg 9.7 rebounds 5.6 assist last post season to win it all.
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:28 PM   #1005
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

tmacattack33 has no real reputation yet.

OKC couldn't do it (beat Miami) with James Harden. Not sure why the think they can do it with Kevin Martin.

Lebron will do better than Durant almost all the time. At worst, those two will cancel each other out.

And then you'll have Westbrook playing like an idiot. Meanwhile, Wade and Bosh won't play like idiots and will help Lebron out a lot.

And Perkins is a liability against Miami since he can't stay with Bosh.

San Antonio and LAC are Miami's biggest competition right now.
tmacattack33 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: