Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2013, 03:50 AM   #1
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 12,344
Euroleague is considered somewhat coolEuroleague is considered somewhat coolEuroleague is considered somewhat cool
Default More bullshit from the ISH Director of Misinformation.

http://www.ballineurope.com/us-baske...ing-home-3337/

Bayern Munich President Uli Hoeness:


"That doesn’t help us at all. We are – without offending Nowitzki – not a nursing home for basketball players.”



Last edited by Euroleague : 02-09-2013 at 03:52 AM.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:51 AM   #2
talkingconch
College superstar
 
talkingconch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,280
talkingconch is considered somewhat cooltalkingconch is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: German Club Bayern Munich Does Not Want Dirk

Ok?
talkingconch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:01 AM   #3
imnew09
2*/5
 
imnew09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Lakers' Cruise
Posts: 3,646
imnew09 has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: German Club Bayern Munich Would Not Want Dirk Nowitzki

A lot of nba teams would LOVE to have Dirk.

For example, the Lakers.
imnew09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:04 AM   #4
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind
 
RoundMoundOfReb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 8,652
RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: German Club Bayern Munich Would Not Want Dirk Nowitzki

of course not. it would completely destroy the competitive balance in the league. I suspect he would average 20 statues built and 10 jersey numbers retired per game.
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:05 AM   #5
LJJ
Extra Cheese
 
LJJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,791
LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: German Club Bayern Munich Would Not Want Dirk Nowitzki

The actual quote:

Quote:
When asked by the Sunday newspaper Bild am Sonntag if he would be interested in signing a big star like Nowitzki, Hoeness said: “That would be the wrong way! His salary is double our entire budget. We want basketball at the highest level. Dirk will not stop playing in the NBA until he can hardly run any more. That doesn’t help us at all.

Aah.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:09 AM   #6
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.
 
bdreason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: HB, CA
Posts: 20,526
bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: German Club Bayern Munich Would Not Want Dirk Nowitzki

The starting front court for Bayern are two American scrubs who played some NCAA ball and didn't get drafted. One of them is 30 the other is 32.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:11 AM   #7
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 12,344
Euroleague is considered somewhat coolEuroleague is considered somewhat coolEuroleague is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: German Club Bayern Munich Would Not Want Dirk Nowitzki

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
The starting front court for Bayern are two American scrubs who played some NCAA ball and didn't get drafted. One of them is 30 the other is 32.

I'm pretty sure they don't play on one knee like Dirk does.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:17 AM   #8
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est
 
ErhnamDjinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lurking in Dominaria
Posts: 2,545
ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: German Club Bayern Munich Would Not Want Dirk Nowitzki

mr. euro trash misquotingagain just to push another lame agenda of his
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:52 AM   #9
howlin_wolf
I airball my layups
 
howlin_wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 78
howlin_wolf is considered somewhat coolhowlin_wolf is considered somewhat coolhowlin_wolf is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: German Club Bayern Munich Would Not Want Dirk Nowitzki

Most people here probably don't even know shit who Uli Hoeneß is. Hoeneß is actually former football manager and now president for FC Bayern as a whole. Although I love him for everything else, he don't know shit about basketball. Basketball decisions of FC Bayern are all made by Pesic. Hoeneß just likes to talk to media about the philosophy the team implements, which is to rely on young, german players....
howlin_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:15 AM   #10
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler
 
dunksby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9,045
dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: German Club Bayern Munich Would Not Want Dirk Nowitzki

Quote:
Originally Posted by howlin_wolf
Most people here probably don't even know shit who Uli Hoeneß is. Hoeneß is actually former football manager and now president for FC Bayern as a whole. Although I love him for everything else, he don't know shit about basketball. Basketball decisions of FC Bayern are all made by Pesic. Hoeneß just likes to talk to media about the philosophy the team implements, which is to rely on young, german players....
Uli could be an ass during most of his interviews but not this time, don't get fooled by EuroScum's dumbass trolling:
Quote:
When asked by the Sunday newspaper Bild am Sonntag if he would be interested in signing a big star like Nowitzki, Hoeness said: “That would be the wrong way! His salary is double our entire budget. We want basketball at the highest level. Dirk will not stop playing in the NBA until he can hardly run any more. That doesn’t help us at all.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:17 AM   #11
Artillery
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,470
Artillery has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: German Club Bayern Munich Would Not Want Dirk Nowitzki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
http://www.ballineurope.com/us-baske...ing-home-3337/

Bayern Munich President Uli Hoeness:


"That doesn’t help us at all. We are – without offending Nowitzki – not a nursing home for basketball players.”



U mad that Dirk's the all-time best European player while VSpan couldn't get off the bench for Houston?
Artillery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:23 AM   #12
howlin_wolf
I airball my layups
 
howlin_wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 78
howlin_wolf is considered somewhat coolhowlin_wolf is considered somewhat coolhowlin_wolf is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: German Club Bayern Munich Would Not Want Dirk Nowitzki

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
Uli could be an ass during most of his interviews but not this time, don't get fooled by EuroScum's dumbass trolling:

What r u talking about? I aint getting fooled by Euroleague. Euroleagues agenda is to show how low the value of NBA players perceived by euro teams is, which it is NOT! Hoeneß just talks about how Nowitzki will only leave the NBA when he cant even play anymore. Directly after that (it was an interview with Hoeneß & Pesic) Pesic stated that their goal is to produce their own "Nowitzkis". The statements of them are in no way decreasing the value of a player like Dirk, although posters like Euroleague and newspapers like Bild will try to make a controversial statement out of everything.
howlin_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:28 AM   #13
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler
 
dunksby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9,045
dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: German Club Bayern Munich Would Not Want Dirk Nowitzki

Quote:
Originally Posted by howlin_wolf
What r u talking about? I aint getting fooled by Euroleague. Euroleagues agenda is to show how low the value of NBA players perceived by euro teams is, which it is NOT! Hoeneß just talks about how Nowitzki will only leave the NBA when he cant even play anymore. Directly after that (it was an interview with Hoeneß & Pesic) Pesic stated that their goal is to produce their own "Nowitzkis". The statements of them are in no way decreasing the value of a player like Dirk, although posters like Euroleague and newspapers like Bild will try to make a controversial statement out of everything.
You are very angry and defensive, what gives? lol
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:43 AM   #14
Nash
NBA lottery pick
 
Nash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,976
Nash is starting to rub some people the wrong wayNash is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: German Club Bayern Munich Would Not Want Dirk Nowitzki

Everyone knows Hoeness is the biggest douchebag there is. If Dirk was available he'd take him with open arms.
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:49 AM   #15
howlin_wolf
I airball my layups
 
howlin_wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 78
howlin_wolf is considered somewhat coolhowlin_wolf is considered somewhat coolhowlin_wolf is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: German Club Bayern Munich Would Not Want Dirk Nowitzki

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
You are very angry and defensive, what gives? lol

In no way angry, mate. Just want nobody to say I'm fooled by Euroleagues agenda
howlin_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:40 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy