Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-13-2013, 08:13 PM   #991
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Massive manhunt in L.A. For Christopher Dorner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
Yeah, my guess is that the incendiary tear gas cannisters are what's being referred to as burners. Their primary use is the same as regular tear gas, however they do carry a risk of fire. So I'm wondering if you use this can be assured of starting a fire? Can the cops manipulate them in some way that can guarantee a fire? Or if in a wooden cabin in dry winter air, if you shoot enough of these, you can pretty much guarantee a fire.

For the record, I don't think the cops cared either way, the gas or the fire was going to force Dorner either out in the open or to take his own life.

Tear gas in a hot gas canister is actually a solid. It requires heat to turn it into a gas. A hot gas canister delivers 20 times the CS a cold gas canister does which uses the tear gas in a powder form and uses a aerosol propellant. The hot gas CS also has the added bonus of creating lots of smoke where the cold just creates a mist.

They are not meant to start fires as a side effect they are actually in a sleeve that is meant to reduce the chance of fire but in the right conditions it can.

The easiest way to avoid being burned alive by a hot gas canister is to not go on a coldblooded killing spree and when you are eventually cornered and ordered to come out of the structure with your hands up it's advised by high ranking police officials to actually come out with your hands up and not keep shooting at them
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:20 PM   #992
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid101
So, if I keep stealing over and over and not choosing to turn myself in for due process, I should be burned alive?

Okay, just checking.

dude, context is everything and that is completely different. if you stole something you wouldnt get 25 to life would you? No. So why make that comparison, it only makes your argument weaker.

as for the the rest of the thread, very interesting debate. I'm sure the LAPD intended to smoke Dorner out of those cabins, and I'm sure they also didn't care whether they killed him or not.

one question though, I'm confused. Didn't they already recover his wallet a week ago? Did he just so happen to have a second wallet with a separate set of IDs? That doesn't sound right to me.
Burgz V2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:32 PM   #993
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
one question though, I'm confused. Didn't they already recover his wallet a week ago? Did he just so happen to have a second wallet with a separate set of IDs? That doesn't sound right to me.

The first thing they found was said to contain his police badge. This one was said to hold his driver's license. Perhaps the first thing was more of badge holder. Definitely confusing though.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:43 PM   #994
Nanners
Good college starter

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
The first thing they found was said to contain his police badge. This one was said to hold his driver's license. Perhaps the first thing was more of badge holder. Definitely confusing though.

dont stop with the endless copy paste from news articles just because they have stopped fitting your agenda. lets look at a few articles that mention the first "thing" the cops found.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...-got-help.html

Quote:
After authorities interviewed the boat captain early Thursday, they found Dorner's wallet and identification cards "at the San Ysidro Point of Entry" near the U.S.-Mexico border.

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-cou...stopher-dorner

Quote:
-- 2:20 a.m., Thursday, Feb. 7: A shuttle bus driver turns in a wallet with an LAPD badge and a picture ID of Dorner to San Diego police. The wallet was found fewer than five miles from the boat, near San Diego International Airport.

the "thing" they found sure sounds a lot like a "wallet"

something I am wondering, why does a guy who was kicked out of the LAPD years ago still carry around an LAPD badge? how does he still have a badge? police agencies are supposed to confiscate your official ID when you are fired.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:58 PM   #995
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick

IamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

I know I got a lot of criticism for questioning the anamolies in the Sandy Hook shooting (which I still believe is 10x worst than this), but many of you are doing the same with this one.

I think he dropped the first wallet in San Diego on purpose as a diversion; he knew he was going to big bear all along since in his manifesto he talked about "guerilla warfare," which is a lot more effective under harsh conditions he can stay hidden. I hypothesize he was carrying the second wallet to make purchases before his face was all over the news. Then again, he was paying cash so having a photo ID doesn't make a lot of sense to me unless if he's buying some alcohol to fire himself up for these gunfights.

As of right now, I'm siding with the conspiracy in me and saying the wallet might've been planted for reasons unknown at this point.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:01 PM   #996
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
something I am wondering, why does a guy who was kicked out of the LAPD years ago still carry around an LAPD badge? how does he still have a badge? police agencies are supposed to confiscate your official ID when you are fired.

I read someplace last week in a news retraction by NBC that it was not his badge. It was originally said to be his but later retracted that the badge was not his and the LAPD had not identified the owner.

The ID was his LAPD ID but the badge was not his. Which would also explain the two wallet problem
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:21 PM   #997
DMV2
Keep on Rockin in...

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Fresh out of the Onion:
Quote:
BIG BEAR LAKE, CA—

Another of Taylor Swift’s high-profile romances came to an abrupt end Tuesday, sources confirmed, following the death of the recording artist’s boyfriend and fugitive cop killer Christopher Dorner. “Taylor is absolutely heartbroken that her beau Christopher Dorner’s charred remains were found in a mountain cabin after a lengthy shootout with police yesterday,” wrote Radar Online blogger Amanda Snyder of the relationship between the 23-year-old pop-country singer and the 33-year-old quadruple homicide suspect, referring to the couple by their tabloid nickname “Swifner.” “Just two days ago, fans snapped pictures of the snowy lovebirds nuzzling noses on the slopes while vacationing at Bear Mountain Resort. It’s so sad—they were so cute together.” At press time, sources reported that Swift was seen entering Los Angeles Police Department headquarters hand in hand with police chief Charlie Beck.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/tay...stopher,31287/
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:33 PM   #998
Stempel, HERB
Kids at the park dunk on me

Stempel, HERB is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Don't call me bro.

Quote:
So now you're citing Alex Jones?
droid isnt smart enough to understand the bigger picture. he argues like an infant, putting words in peoples mouths. alex jones link surprises you?
Stempel, HERB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:38 PM   #999
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Godzuki has decent reputationGodzuki has decent reputation

i believe they meant to start a fire. cops are vindictive when someone takes out cops, and this dude was talking about taking out their families too.

and the tone in which someone yelled to burn him didn't sound like just shooting tear gas in to arrest him

Last edited by Godzuki : 02-13-2013 at 09:42 PM.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:39 PM   #1000
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
dont stop with the endless copy paste from news articles just because they have stopped fitting your agenda. lets look at a few articles that mention the first "thing" the cops found.
Here's one version of a badge holder. It looks like a wallet

However, you might have a regular wallet for your credit cards and money.

Last edited by KevinNYC : 02-13-2013 at 09:42 PM.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:41 PM   #1001
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid101
So, if I keep stealing over and over and not choosing to turn myself in for due process, I should be burned alive?

Okay, just checking.

Kinda like how Obama is using drones to bomb american citizens overseas. But I'm sure you already know about that.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:42 PM   #1002
millwad
NBA rookie of the year

millwad is popular on this boardmillwad is popular on this boardmillwad is popular on this boardmillwad is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
i believe they meant to start a fire. cops are vindictive when someone takes out cops, and this dude was talking about taking out their families too.

and the tone in which someone yelled to burn him didn't sound like just shooting tear gas in to arrest him when he came out.

OK.
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:43 PM   #1003
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stempel, HERB

droid isnt smart enough to understand the bigger picture. he argues like an infant, putting words in peoples mouths. alex jones link surprises you?

I still can't figure out which alt you are.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:44 PM   #1004
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Godzuki has decent reputationGodzuki has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwad
OK.

still begging people to reply to you i see starved for attention. sad suicidal foreign fat kid
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:45 PM   #1005
Nanners
Good college starter

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Here's one version of a badge holder. It looks like a wallet

However, you might have a regular wallet for your credit cards and money.

thanks for the image, i doubt anybody on ISH knows what a badge holder looks like

you ignored the second half of my post- how/why does dorner have a badge in the first place? he was fired from the LAPD years ago, police agencies are required to confiscate things like badges and police ID when they fire someone.

unless he was carrying around a fake badge (certainly a possibility), it doesnt make sense for him to have a badge or a badge holder.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: