Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 03-13-2013, 11:32 PM   #226
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board
Default Re: 2013 Offseason Thread (Free Agency, Releases, Trades, etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Landry get's a 4 Year/24 Million Dollar Contract with 14 Million Guaranteed.

Dammit. I really liked Landry on the Jets. He was one of the few bright spots last year.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:56 PM   #227
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
It's not a bad contract but they've could have resigned Welker for cheaper! I'm fairly positive they were expecting to sign Welker for the cheap due to the "loyalty" factor but that obviously backfired.

It's not easy replacing 1300+ yards..
This team is a well oiled machine. They will adjust. They lost better players and hasnt missed a beat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
Dammit. I really liked Landry on the Jets. He was one of the few bright spots last year.

Yeah the defensive backfield for the Jets was one of the lone bright spots last year... Bell is probably going to be gone too. It was the first time the Jets had a competent defensive back field in years.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:03 AM   #228
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lorenzo Alexander signed a three-year deal with the Cardinals worth $9.5 million, including $3 million in guaranteed money

Sucks to see him go
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:14 AM   #229
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Yahoo Sports' Jason Cole reports the lone remaining hangup in a potential deal sending Darrelle Revis to Tampa Bay is Bucs GM Mark Dominik's unwillingness to surrender the 13th pick in April's draft.
Per Cole, Bucs management is "fully on board" with dealing for Revis, but Dominik is only willing to part with a 2013 second-rounder or 2014 first-rounder. Realistically, the Jets ought to be willing to take the Bucs' 2014 first-round pick. There will be no surefire franchise quarterback available at No. 13 this year, and next year's draft has a chance to produce better signal callers. Louisville QB Terry Bridgewater is the likeliest 2014 draft-eligible prospect to give South Carolina DE Jadeveon Clowney a run to be next year's No. 1 overall pick.

I wouldnt really care personally which year. This years draft is deep but no real superstars. The Jets cut so many players its crazy they are desperate for players this year.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:25 AM   #230
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
And what are you basing that on exactly?

Welker came off a season where he almost put up 1,400 yards.. Danny Amendola is a good WR, when healthy, but he's never shown he can be healthy. Not even considering his injury issues he's still a huge question mark. He's never averaged more than 800 yards and to think he can replace Welker's production is absurd. Again how is Amendola as good as Welker? You guys are criminally underating Welker..

Everyone thinks Welker is easily replaceable because he's a slot player and a product of the "system" but it's going to be damn hard to replace 100+ catches and 1300+ yards.

Danny Amendola also doesn't come off as a tough player the way Welker does. Welker ran crisp routes, found pockets of space and wasn't afraid getting bucked by a linebacker over the middle. It's crazy to think how durable Welker was given his style of play.

It's one thing if Amendola gets paid a few million less than Welker to address other areas but he's getting paid more! Lets be real Kraft was trying scam Welker out of a few million, Welker gets pissed and leaves and then New England panics and signs Amendola..
Amendola was THE NUMBER ONE PRODUCING WR IN THE LEAGUE last year up until his injury...now when I say production I am basing it on fantasy points lol, but it is production no less...

He was producing more than Welker and even Calvin ...

This was in the slot on the Rams

Did you watch Danny play? He made catches that were simply unbelievable...YouTube him, his highlights are crazy despite not playing much.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:36 AM   #231
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Why would the Pats be willing to give 6 million a year over 5 years for Amendola, but only offer 2 years/10 million with incentives for Welker?

That seems retarded.
It seems retarded from the standpoint of their respective production over the last several years, but the Pats have a track record of knowing when to move guys and when to bring guys in. Maybe they've seen something out of Welker they don't like?

I'm to the point where I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, even on moves like this one, which seems a little odd. We'll see how it plays out.

The major thing that scares me about Amendola is his vast injury history. If he can stay healthy, he will be productive. I have little doubt about that. However, if the Pats are planning on replacing all of Welker's production with Amendola, it is a bit of a gamble... Because the guy gets injured. A lot.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:42 AM   #232
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Who thinks the Browns are winning the North next year?

Show of hands.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:34 AM   #233
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I liked Amendola last year a lot, and I think he could put up equal production to Welker, however I think it's a very dumb move considering Amendola has been fragile as hell. Welker you know what you're getting.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:09 AM   #234
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
I can't be the only one to agree with PT that Amendola's better than Welker right now right? It's close, but given their ages and current ability it's an easy Amendola sign for me.
He caught 66 balls last season. He's never had 700 yards or even 5 TDs. Welker's 2011 was better than his whole career.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I'm sorry but the Pats has been a dynasty the past 12 years or so. The FO makes pretty good decisions. Too old ya gotta go and if you want more money than the team is willing to spend ya gotta go. The offense has always made adjustments to stay elite the defense no but still the only team that competes for a SB run every year I would take it.

Also Amendola is about 26 or 27 and only has a 10 mill guaranteed contract. Not bad.
"Dynasty?" What the hell? Haven't won the Championship in 9 years=Dynasty? Next.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:34 AM   #235
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Oh look, Greg Jennings, a proven, excellent, maybe even great receiver is on the market. Are the Patriots going after him to replace Welker? Of course not. Why? Because they're cheap.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:41 AM   #236
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Amendola puts up better #s than Welker this year, bet. Across the board, all the base stats, catches, yards, TDs.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:01 AM   #237
Rameek
Krust Kingz

I like the way the Pats run their front office for the most part. Sometimes they're a little too frugal but when you hosting a playoff game almost every year.
As a Jet fan we can respect success from afar.

I do understand as a Pats fan your perspective its about SB's I'm not disagreeing with you.

This is why I am glad the Jets have or will dump every overpaid average player. The cap hit is worth it to start all over again and get it done the right way. Build through the draft find a few FA's that can take you over the top. The Jets did the opposite.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:18 AM   #238
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Who thinks the Browns are winning the North next year?

Show of hands.
love what our D is did last year, and Horton and our new FAs (we still need to get a corner opposite Haden) will only help that, but this depends on Weeden's progression and T-Rich's health.
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:20 AM   #239
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheRim.
Absolutely love it. By far the best offseason we have had in recent memory. Starting to fill up on a couple of the big weak points from last season, should definitely catapult them ahead of the 2011 season in terms of talent. I am really excited to see how Reggie works out. I expect him to fill Jahvid's role and a whole lot more. Can't wait for the season to start

And it is looking like Delmas might go to the Rams
Instead of Bush 2.0 we got 1.0, hopefully a little more concussion proof. (wish Jahvid the best of luck though)

I don't think Delmas will go there, normally if they bolt you hear about it right after the meeting ends. Him going to the 49ers today.....that worries me ALOT. I'm hoping they lowball the hell out of him.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #240
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
He caught 66 balls last season. He's never had 700 yards or even 5 TDs. Welker's 2011 was better than his whole career.
he was injured week 5...

year before that he was injured week 1

his issue is injury, not skill...he is a more skilled WR than Welker...he stays healthy and he will be unstoppable in NE
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: