Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #16
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Mass tweet to Royce White?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukballer
The internet is a place where these ******s can hide and/or forget about their own insecurities. Whether Royce is wrong to display his own ones in the manner he does is another discussion, but it doesn't excuse dumb shit like this thread. I've been disappointed with the whole situation, and how Royce has handled it as much as the next guy, but it sure does bring out the inner scum of some people.

Naw I was on his side but it went too far. There's a line and he's crossed it imo.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:36 PM   #17
OhNoTimNoSho
Your King

OhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
what a bunch of *****. why are you trying to be mean to a dude whos very open about his psych. disorder. What fun do you get out of this?
Are you kidding me? What fun do i get out of trolling? Is this a serious question?
OhNoTimNoSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:43 PM   #18
OhNoTimNoSho
Your King

OhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation here

And good lord Royce is a certified self absorbed douche. He deserves every bit of hate, trolling, and more. Shit, at this point he loves the attention. Hes a conceited asshole and you guys are falling for his bullshit thinking he needs any of your or anyones sympathy. Ive been following him for a while, dude gets anxiety from flying thats about it.

Spokesperson for people with mental disorders? The only reason he has any leverage or any chance of succeeding is because of his undeniable basketball talent, any other situation and this dude would be a lifelong burger flipper with that attitude.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:01 PM   #19
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton
I think it's funny.

If Royce White were open about his psych issues, he would have informed every team that he would not be able to play in the NBA most likely. And they wouldn't have given him several million dollars that he'll never be able to earn and waste a draft pick.

He was open about his psych issues once it benefitted him to be. He was mum enough about them to get drafted, and once he was drafted, all of a sudden he was "open" enough to say, whoops, can't play. Sorry. Now pity me.

This blows my mind. How can people actually think he hustled an NBA franchise? It's hard to pull one over on regular employers these days, let alone one's with as many resources as the Houston Rockets. They may have believed it wouldn't be this bad, they took a risk tho and I'd have to assume that they knew that going in.

If they didn't it's their own fault, nobody to blame but themselves. Royce's struggles were well known. When you're dealing with that much money you better be sure just how serious his issues are before drafting him.

That's not to downplay what Royce is doing but Rockets didn't have to draft him. Coulda let him continue to slide.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:00 AM   #20
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbreak
Not funny at all. The guys got issues and hasn't handled them well but he is trying to publicly deal with them and could be a role model and spokes person for people with mental disorders in the future. How about a mass tweet of support and good wishes on overcome his problems and being a success?

Right now about the only thing he can be a role model for is if someone wants to be a little bitch. He's blazed the trail for that. I'll give him credit if he shapes up and gets his shit together. So far he's done nothing to show that he's willing to make an effort on his own part to deal with his shit.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:22 AM   #21
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Naw I was on his side but it went too far. There's a line and he's crossed it imo.

I agree, he's been extremely self absorbed, and his constant tweeting and occasional moment of throwing the Rockets completely under the bus (no pun intend) really got under my skin at some point.

But lets face it, he's read every single possible reply under the sun since this whole thing started. All he's gonna do is retweet one of you and say #BeWell friend.... or whatever it is he says.

Sticks and stones, be the better man. Mental health really is no joke.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:32 AM   #22
WillC
Local High School Star

WillC is considered somewhat coolWillC is considered somewhat coolWillC is considered somewhat cool

Is Insidehoops really condoning this potential act of bullying?

This thread should have been deleted instantly.

Grow up, you sad losers. I dare you to pick on Royce White face-to-face. Let's see how tough you are then.

Pathetic.
WillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #23
OhNoTimNoSho
Your King

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillC
Is Insidehoops really condoning this potential act of bullying?
Lol.

Would people really go and do that? Be mean? On the internet??
Old 02-06-2013, 12:39 PM   #24
Phantom_Blue
High school junior varsity star

Phantom_Blue has decent reputation

I guess the goal here is to make Royce feel even worst, because people don't agree with his decisions, but in reality you're just making yourself angry while he probably doesn't give a **** about what you guys think. You have no way to prove it otherwise, unless you know the guy personally.

This thread is pretty sad, and shows that maybe he's not the only one with a mental disorder.
Phantom_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:56 PM   #25
WillC
Local High School Star

WillC is considered somewhat coolWillC is considered somewhat coolWillC is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom_Blue
This thread is pretty sad, and shows that maybe he's not the only one with a mental disorder.

Great point.

It's depressing that members of our society would go out of their way to pick on someone, on the internet or elsewhere.

I guess it's their way of making themselves feel big and clever, i.e. to make up for their failings and inadequacies in the real world.
WillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:34 PM   #26
flipogb
Banned

flipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected poster

damn people have gotten soft and just over the top with being politically correct
flipogb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:57 PM   #27
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton
I think it's funny.

If Royce White were open about his psych issues, he would have informed every team that he would not be able to play in the NBA most likely. And they wouldn't have given him several million dollars that he'll never be able to earn and waste a draft pick.

He was open about his psych issues once it benefitted him to be. He was mum enough about them to get drafted, and once he was drafted, all of a sudden he was "open" enough to say, whoops, can't play. Sorry. Now pity me.
this is sheer ignorance. There were scads of media reports on him prior to thr draft, going back years. Every team knew the risk. The rockets chose to take that risk. Besides, its between them and him, not a bunch of keyboard warriors on ISH
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:08 PM   #28
Clifton
talk less, say more

Clifton is considered somewhat coolClifton is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
This blows my mind. How can people actually think he hustled an NBA franchise? It's hard to pull one over on regular employers these days, let alone one's with as many resources as the Houston Rockets. They may have believed it wouldn't be this bad, they took a risk tho and I'd have to assume that they knew that going in.
Quote:
this is sheer ignorance. There were scads of media reports on him prior to thr draft, going back years. Every team knew the risk.
We all know what a white lie is. May I introduce something I like to call a black truth?

"I have mental anxiety and I may not be able to handle the travel required of an NBA player" is a black truth. It's true; but it's self-serving bullshit. It makes the odds he'll be any good to you seem greater than 0, which is totally dishonest. "I have mental anxiety and I will absolutely not be able to handle being on an NBA team next season, and I know this damn well, so I'll be classy and not enter the draft until and unless I can be an asset to a team" would have been the honest truth. When you have anxiety issues, you know what you can handle and what you can't with precision.
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:10 PM   #29
mattvNJ
Local High School Star

mattvNJ has decent reputationmattvNJ has decent reputation

I understand his situations as when i first moved to college i had a couple bouts of anxiety not at an extreme level. But if his is this severe he is no role model for the team or any other experiencing this dissorder. Hes make zero strides to help or assimilate into the team. He wouldnt play for the D league when its only a drive away. Hes going to be a waste of a pick or miraculously become healthy when the checks stop coming.
mattvNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:15 PM   #30
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sorry to say but his condition is just way too much to deal with.

So long Royce and say good bye to your career.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: