Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-05-2013, 08:09 AM   #1
gin17
High School JV MVP

gin17 has an OK reputation so far
Default Which duo would you rather have?

If you were a GM, who would you rather have in your team?

a) Jordan+Pippen
b) Lebron+Shaq
c) Bird+Magic
d) Chamberlain+Dirk
e) Garnett+Duncan
f) Hakeem+Kobe
g) Barkley+Robinson

(and also, you can rank these duos from who you think is best to worst)

Last edited by gin17 : 02-05-2013 at 08:23 AM.
gin17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:17 AM   #2
arifgokcen
DON'T FEED THE TROLL

arifgokcen has decent reputation
Default Re: Which duo would you rather have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gin17
If you were a GM, who would you rather have in your team?

a) Jordan+Pippen
b) Lebron+Shaq
c) Bird+Magic
d) Chamberlain+Dirk
e) Garnett+Duncan
f) Hakeem+Kobe
Easy shaq+lebron.Two of the most dominating forces in modern era(except jordan).In terms of physicality one is the most dominant wing player ever other is the most dominant post player ever in modern era
Their ability to overwhelm opponents with shear size and strength and athleticism would be impossible to stop even for jordan+pippen (rest of the squad are assumed to be roughly equal)

Last edited by arifgokcen : 02-05-2013 at 08:20 AM.
arifgokcen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:17 AM   #3
dannysc305
High school junior varsity star

dannysc305 has an OK reputation so far

Bron + Shaq the most physically dominant on that list, hard not to go with #teamwade'ssidekicks
dannysc305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:23 AM   #4
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Shaq-Lebron

That team would rarely play in any game that wasn't a blowout.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:54 AM   #5
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster

I'll go with the proven winner, Jordan and Pippen. We know they won 6 times, all the others are just speculation.

As for the Shaq + Lebron combo, I'm not sure this would actually work that great. Problem is that Shaq clogs up the middle, which would make it harder for Lebron to get to the rim.
I'd rather have a combo the spreads the floor more, like Wilt and Dirk or Kobe and Hakeem.
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:57 AM   #6
Jyap9675
True Point Guard

Jyap9675 has decent reputation

Uncle drew and Uncle Wes for me..
Jyap9675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:10 AM   #7
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Rubio2Gasol has decent reputation

Hakeem and Kobe would be ridiculous. Both have anything you could possibly want and they compliment each other so well. They have a similar work ethic and would elevate each others game. Both play the game instinctively which is important.

Garnett + Duncan as well. The problem there is they play similar positions - on defense it's be a nightmare but they'd have to make sacrifices on offense. You need a guard to get them the ball as well.

Chamberlin + Dirk - they played so far apart you can never really know. Seems a great fit...but again it's difficult.

Magic + Bird - Same as Duncan/Garnett. Would play great ball together but you need a big man for spacing.

Shaq and Lebron. Don't fit particularly well.

Last edited by Rubio2Gasol : 02-05-2013 at 09:13 AM.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:16 AM   #8
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation

Garnett + Duncan
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:29 AM   #9
SacJB Shady
College superstar

SacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputation

Jordan could beat both Lebron and Shaq
SacJB Shady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #10
kshutts1
Great college starter

kshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected poster

I will also go with the proven winners in Jordan and Pippen. All other duos are just speculation.

That being said, Kobe and Hakeem would be amazing with the inside/outside combo, and both playing being phenomenal on both ends of the floor.

Magic and Bird together is the only pairing of two top 5 players of all time, so that obviously deserves some mention.

As a few other posters have already mentioned, Shaq and Lebron is physically dominating, but would they work well together? If they were surrounded by marksmen, then yeah... it would work really well. Also, I think their personalities would mesh pretty well, for whatever that matters.
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:21 AM   #11
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'll take my chances with Jordan + the dentist with the neat sky hook from my rec league.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:33 AM   #12
KOBE143
In GawdBe We Trust

KOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

LOL at people choosing Shaq and LeBron..

We already seen what happened when Shaq and Bron team up.. 2nd round exit at best..

BTW I'll go with Hakeem and Kobe.. Unlike the other duo in the list, both dont have weakness.. Perfect player for their respective position..
KOBE143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:37 AM   #13
LEFT4DEAD
A WITNESS!!!

LEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOBE143

We already seen what happened when Shaq and Bron team up.. 2nd round exit at best..

BTW I'll go with Hakeem and Kobe.. Unlike the other duo in the list, both dont have weakness.. Perfect player for their respective position..

Not sure if mentally retarded.
LEFT4DEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:58 AM   #14
b0bab0i
National High School Star

b0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOBE143

Shaq was already past his prime and washed up.
b0bab0i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:05 PM   #15
KOBE143
In GawdBe We Trust

KOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFT4DEAD

Not sure if mentally retarded.
Dude you're the one who's retarded here..

You dont remember LeBron and Shaq in Cleveland?
KOBE143 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: