Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-04-2013, 10:34 PM   #31
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Truth: LeBron James is already the greatest SF in NBA history

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010splash
Yeah okay, and those rebound numbers aren't adjusted for the much higher pace/way more possessions in Bird's days. LeBron is a beast compared to Bird, who's an unathletic slug. LeBron would totally destroy him physically. Simply no match.

let me guess, u are a heat fan who started watching the nba in 2010
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:34 PM   #32
gin17
High School JV MVP

gin17 has an OK reputation so far

i wonder if magic and bird were doing their thing in today's league, would people still be this ignorant. i'm not saying anyone is the clearcut better of the two, but the way the OP says his opinion is so...ignorant.
gin17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:35 PM   #33
jimmy77x
Local High School Star

jimmy77x has decent reputationjimmy77x has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekindled
let me guess, u are a heat fan who started watching the nba in 2010

yupp
jimmy77x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:35 PM   #34
Dro
College star

Dro has decent reputationDro has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gin17
i wonder if magic and bird were doing their thing in today's league, would people still be this ignorant. i'm not saying anyone is the clearcut better of the two, but the way the OP says his opinion is so...ignorant.
He's making something that could actually be a reasonable discussion into something ridiculous...
Dro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:36 PM   #35
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

People were also saying LeBron was Top 2/Top 5 all-time after last year's ring.

Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:38 PM   #36
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
You serious? LeBron would feast on fools at the pace 80s ball was played at. The 80s was the era designed for scoring with teams scoring 140 and sh-t like that.

The era of crafty scheme-based defense/zones is not designed for high scoring. LeBron is simply the greatest man. No sense in denying it.

You seem like the type of guy who would let LeBron smash you from behind.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:38 PM   #37
2010splash
Now a Cavs fan again

2010splash has a bad reputation2010splash has a bad reputation2010splash has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gin17
Please... the underrating of LeBron simply has to end. I'm sick of gees ranking guys like Magic and Bird over him. What are they better than him at? Jack sh-t.

Jordan I can live with cus he was a two way beast and too clutch. No weaknesses and dominant at every phase of the game, just like LeBron.

But get this Magic/Bird/Kareem sh-t out of here. Magic couldn't guard a chair. LeBron would post his ass silly or just blow right by him like a bullet. Same with Bird. These guys got NOTHING on LeBron except total numbers of years played.

Someone tell me something LeBron ISN'T elite at besides overrated FT shooting?
2010splash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:42 PM   #38
COnDEMnED
Local High School Star

COnDEMnED is considered somewhat coolCOnDEMnED is considered somewhat coolCOnDEMnED is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Please... the underrating of LeBron simply has to end. I'm sick of gees ranking guys like Magic and Bird over him. What are they better than him at? Jack sh-t.

Jordan I can live with cus he was a two way beast and too clutch. No weaknesses and dominant at every phase of the game, just like LeBron.

But get this Magic/Bird/Kareem sh-t out of here. Magic couldn't guard a chair. LeBron would post his ass silly or just blow right by him like a bullet. Same with Bird. These guys got NOTHING on LeBron except total numbers of years played.

You rank Lebron over Kareem right now?
COnDEMnED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:44 PM   #39
2010splash
Now a Cavs fan again

2010splash has a bad reputation2010splash has a bad reputation2010splash has a bad reputation

I rank LeBron over everyone except Jordan. Spare me the "Kareem's got the resume" stuff... if LeBron played in the 70s dude would have averaged a triple double better than Oscar.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:46 PM   #40
2010splash
Now a Cavs fan again

Besides, championships are a team accomplishment. Can you imagine Magic/Bird/Kareem pissing away their early 20s playing with filth like Delonte, Mo, Jamison as their best players?

Just imagine if LeBron was gifted a loaded team from his rookie year like some of these other guys. Fool would have 5-6 titles by at age 28 only.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:49 PM   #41
Hank
Heatles = Dynasty

Hank is considered somewhat coolHank is considered somewhat coolHank is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Besides, championships are a team accomplishment. Can you imagine Magic/Bird/Kareem pissing away their early 20s playing with filth like Delonte, Mo, Jamison as their best players?

Just imagine if LeBron was gifted a loaded team from his rookie year like some of these other guys. Fool would have 5-6 titles by at age 28 only.

The people who hate Lebron will never admit to that. Put kobe on those teams instead of lebron and they miss the playoffs every year
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:49 PM   #42
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Just2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this board

OP needs to chill the f*ck out now.
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:52 PM   #43
Dro
College star

Dro has decent reputationDro has decent reputation

Quote:

I'm done...
Dro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:53 PM   #44
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2McFly
OP needs to chill the f*ck out now.

About the ranking over Kareem/Magic/Bird now ?
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:53 PM   #45
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year

Kurosawa0 has no real reputation yet.

I moved him past Dr. J already, but Bird is still a bit higher. I definitely think LeBron surpasses him. Unless he has major injury trouble, LeBron might only be at the half way point of his career. With his physical gifts and modern medicine, LeBron might very well play 18-20 years.

I've said it a bunch of times... LeBron is probably going to finish his career with more points, assists and rebounds than any player in NBA history. Others will have higher totals in one category or another, but I really see LeBron having higher totals in all three than any other player ever.

Say he ends up with 30,000 points, 8,000 assists and 8,000 rebounds... No one has ever done that. If LeBron gets there with 3 or so rings and 3 or so MVPs, we're talking about top 5 all-time and yes, better than Bird.
Kurosawa0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: