Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-06-2013, 02:28 AM   #256
inclinerator
Future NBA G.O.A.T

inclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Truth: LeBron James is already the greatest SF in NBA history

shiet i love larry, his game was a masterpiece
inclinerator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:41 AM   #257
Cali Syndicate
well, well, well...

Cali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom Kid7
I'm gonna wait until LeBron's peak has ended.

In all honesty, Bird had a lot more ability on offense (except dunking ability and maybe a little less explosive, but his unreal shooting bade up for it) but LeBron's probably a better defender (not saying Bird is bad, but Bron's played really impressive D for a while). I'd still take Larry over LeBron, but that could change when LeBron's finished with his prime.

Maybe just a little less?
Cali Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:56 AM   #258
kenny817
Good High School Starter

kenny817 is popular on this boardkenny817 is popular on this boardkenny817 is popular on this boardkenny817 is popular on this board

Bron has been my favorite player for 10 years

Yes he's better athletically

But compared to Bird in everything else...Bron can't even hold Larry Legend's jockstrap
kenny817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:57 PM   #259
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tking714
Shaq is crazy underrated on this board

Yea, I don't think so.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:59 PM   #260
selrahc
Local High School Star

selrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this board

i would take detlef schrempf over lebron
selrahc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:07 PM   #261
RoundMoundOfReb
Objective Poster

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahc
i would take detlef schrempf over lebron
negged.

Lebron's peak is statistically better than bird's at everything but rebounds.
RoundMoundOfReb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:07 PM   #262
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
Wilt's number 9 because he has the worst record with HCA (14-5) in the top 10, the only top 10 player with a losing record in the Finals (2-4), and the least amount of rings (2). Shaq, Bird, Kobe, and Duncan all have won more and performed better when it matters. Wilt was a choker in my opinion, here is why http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=272740

I get that, but I find it hard to conclude Chamberlain is behind Shaq, unless you just think Chamberlain did it in a weaker era and was just not as good, which I would disagree with. He won a title in that Celtics era and only one other team won. And he did it leading, arguably, the best single-season team ever.

And Bird is way too low. Shaq ahead of your boy is kinda ridiculous, I feel. And he's just too high, in general.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:08 PM   #263
NattyPButter
7/11/14 We Witness

NattyPButter has decent reputation

I would build my team around Lebron if I had to choose between a prime Bird and Lebron.
NattyPButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:06 PM   #264
bizil
Decent college freshman

bizil has an incredible reputation herebizil has an incredible reputation herebizil has an incredible reputation herebizil has an incredible reputation herebizil has an incredible reputation herebizil has an incredible reputation here

Just like how Bird and Magic were actually similar in how they saw the game, Bron sees the game similar to Bird. When it comes to point forward type players, these two in my book along with Pip are the best ever but in different ways. Bron has point guard handle and pace to his game and could flat out play PG on offense and defense if needed. Bird on the other hand has as good of court vision as ANYBODY, but he doesn't have PG handle or pace to his game. When it comes to Bird, u could play him at SG-SF-PF while Bron is PG-SG-SF-PF. Both are so epic that this makes for a great argument.

For me it comes down to the defense and Bird's clutch shooting. Either one could turn the tide for who u would favor peak value wise, even though I would pick Bron. GOAT wise is still Bird, but at the end of this year, Bron could very well pass Bird by GOAT wise. I got Bird, Bron, Dr. J, and Hondo as the top four SF's ever. I do think it's inevitable that Bron will catch Bird. On a side note, it's unfortunate Dr. J's ABA career hurts his GOAT status. Cause if u combine his ABA career, I would actually rank the Doctor NUMBER ONE GOAT SF over Bird and Bron.
bizil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:01 PM   #265
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

ILLsmak has decent reputationILLsmak has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizil
Just like how Bird and Magic were actually similar in how they saw the game, Bron sees the game similar to Bird. When it comes to point forward type players, these two in my book along with Pip are the best ever but in different ways. Bron has point guard handle and pace to his game and could flat out play PG on offense and defense if needed. Bird on the other hand has as good of court vision as ANYBODY, but he doesn't have PG handle or pace to his game. When it comes to Bird, u could play him at SG-SF-PF while Bron is PG-SG-SF-PF. Both are so epic that this makes for a great argument.

For me it comes down to the defense and Bird's clutch shooting. Either one could turn the tide for who u would favor peak value wise, even though I would pick Bron. GOAT wise is still Bird, but at the end of this year, Bron could very well pass Bird by GOAT wise. I got Bird, Bron, Dr. J, and Hondo as the top four SF's ever. I do think it's inevitable that Bron will catch Bird. On a side note, it's unfortunate Dr. J's ABA career hurts his GOAT status. Cause if u combine his ABA career, I would actually rank the Doctor NUMBER ONE GOAT SF over Bird and Bron.

I don't think Bron can be better than Bird unless some crazy shit transpires. I see Bron and his stats... he has amazed me before, but... I dunno, man, it's Larry. I don't think LeBron can do that anymore. We all thought it was possible, but I think LeBron is LeBron. He's good but I don't think he's rising above anyone else now unless he goes on a ring-winning streak.

Plus Bron has no rival... not even another player. There's not really another all time player in the league right now. Kobe... but he's old. Other players might come up. Just sayin'.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:28 PM   #266
LeBird
Good High School Starter

LeBird has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doranku
Admittedly, I haven't seen much of Bird's play as I grew up after his time had passed, but it's hard to imagine that there could've been a better SF than what we're seeing LeBron do now.

Better watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flT88MH8hAM
LeBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:32 PM   #267
LeBird
Good High School Starter

LeBird has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
No he isn't. Kobe's very arguable to be ahead of Bird. I have him ahead of Bird myself because Kobe's playoff career > Bird's IMO.

It's not even close; Kobe is a tier below Bird, clearly.

Quote:
Might as well put Bird above Kareem too then if you're going by this.

You could, and it wouldn't be as silly as rating Kobe over Bird.
LeBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:43 PM   #268
ShaqAttack3234
7-time NBA All-Star

ShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzy
Bird during his 3 year peak is being underrated here. I like how people are just summarily dismissing him by simply saying he's unathletic and can't keep up

It's very close between the two. I have Bird's peak above Magic. They're all in the same tier

What do you consider Bird's best 3 year stretch? '85-'87? His '88 season was great as well, though he was worn out by the Detroit series.
ShaqAttack3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:24 PM   #269
Mach_3
Local High School Star

Mach_3 has decent reputationMach_3 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBird

That pass at that starts at 2:18 is absolutely ridiculous. tipped rebound, catches it in mid air and then launches it 50-60 feet upcourt while still in the air right to the hands of one of his players. Is there anyone in the NBA with that kind of court awareness to make that type of play?
Mach_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:37 PM   #270
raprap
Local High School Star

raprap is a pretty well-respected posterraprap is a pretty well-respected posterraprap is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny817
Bron has been my favorite player for 10 years

Yes he's better athletically

But compared to Bird in everything else...Bron can't even hold Larry Legend's jockstrap
raprap is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: