Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-05-2013, 08:27 PM   #226
The-Legend-24
LA DECIMA!!

The-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected posterThe-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected posterThe-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected posterThe-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Truth: LeBron James is already the greatest SF in NBA history

I think he is, but remember, this is ISH, where people overrate the shit out of past players.
The-Legend-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:35 PM   #227
DatAsh
Local High School Star

DatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
The bold can more than be debated.

Not for me; that's why I specified "in my opinion" though, as for a lot of people it probably can.
DatAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:35 PM   #228
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Dirk is not a better offensive player than Robinson. Scoring wise, Robinson was the higher volume and he's one of the most efficient players in history. He averaged a ton of FT attempts and pretty close to a point and a half per shot attempt. He's one of the 5 best passing centers ever and the best playmaking center ever. He initiated offense, scored at a high percentage all over the floor.

Dirk was always great in the playoffs tho, and while I wasn't a huge fan, I never understood people dogging him on that. But Robinson was less a disappointment in the playoffs than people credit. Whether the coaching or problems with Rodman being on the floor, the fact is that his teams were never that great.

But what is up with Wilt at #9? Behind Duncan? And behind Shaq? Shaq ahead of Bryant? Ehh. Shaq is not a top 5 player. And Bird is stupidly low.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:40 PM   #229
DatAsh
Local High School Star

DatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
So that is what you have, that he's lucky?

He's very lucky. He's had a championship caliber supporting cast for 14 of his 17 years in the league. That's also the case for a lot of the other guys in the top 10 though.

Bird, Magic, Russell, and arguably Duncan also spent the overwhelming majority of their careers with championship caliber supporting cast. The trick is being able to capitalize on that talent, luck, or whatever you want to call it - which he did.
DatAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:46 PM   #230
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatAsh
Not for me; that's why I specified "in my opinion" though, as for a lot of people it probably can.

Yeah my bad, I don't know why I quoted your post, I meant for Money23 only... but similar players in your post I guess got you guys confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Legend-24
I think he is, but remember, this is ISH, where people overrate the shit out of past players.

People on ISH also overrate the shit out of current players too.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:48 PM   #231
Deuce Bigalow
5-time NBA All-Star

Deuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Dirk is not a better offensive player than Robinson. Scoring wise, Robinson was the higher volume and he's one of the most efficient players in history. He averaged a ton of FT attempts and pretty close to a point and a half per shot attempt. He's one of the 5 best passing centers ever and the best playmaking center ever. He initiated offense, scored at a high percentage all over the floor.

Dirk was always great in the playoffs tho, and while I wasn't a huge fan, I never understood people dogging him on that. But Robinson was less a disappointment in the playoffs than people credit. Whether the coaching or problems with Rodman being on the floor, the fact is that his teams were never that great.

But what is up with Wilt at #9? Behind Duncan? And behind Shaq? Shaq ahead of Bryant? Ehh. Shaq is not a top 5 player. And Bird is stupidly low.
Wilt's number 9 because he has the worst record with HCA (14-5) in the top 10, the only top 10 player with a losing record in the Finals (2-4), and the least amount of rings (2). Shaq, Bird, Kobe, and Duncan all have won more and performed better when it matters. Wilt was a choker in my opinion, here is why http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=272740
Deuce Bigalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:54 PM   #232
2010splash
Now a Cavs fan again

2010splash has a bad reputation2010splash has a bad reputation2010splash has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatAsh
He arguably is.
Or he's not... and he isn't even close.

14 ppg GOAT. Please...
2010splash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:55 PM   #233
fpliii
LA Lakers Est. 1960

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010splash

14 ppg GOAT. Please...

fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:58 PM   #234
Duncan21formvp
Good college starter

Duncan21formvp is popular on this boardDuncan21formvp is popular on this boardDuncan21formvp is popular on this boardDuncan21formvp is popular on this board

Quote:
LeBron's got what, five different 30+ PER seasons? Bird's career high is like 25.0 lmao.

It's time we stop understating LeBron's greatness just because he isn't retired. If we're starting a draft including anyone in history, besides Jordan there ain't NOBODY I take over LeBron. Nobody.
You do realize that Bird played in an era where nearly most of the top players were in there peaks or primes and also the average player was much better during his time than they are now?

Not to mention hardly anyone in the league is in there prime now except maybe Lebron and Durant. Like what Bird had to deal with every year is as if Lebron was in the league in 2003 with prime Duncan, KG, Tmac, Kobe, Dirk, etc.
Duncan21formvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:00 PM   #235
Asukal
Local High School Star

Asukal has decent reputation

Quote:

14 ppg GOAT. Please...

Scoring is your only criteria?

I guess defense is a totally useless attribute in basketball.
Asukal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:06 PM   #236
2010splash
Now a Cavs fan again

2010splash has a bad reputation2010splash has a bad reputation2010splash has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan21formvp
You do realize that Bird played in an era where nearly most of the top players were in there peaks or primes and also the average player was much better during his time than they are now?

Not to mention hardly anyone in the league is in there prime now except maybe Lebron and Durant. Like what Bird had to deal with every year is as if Lebron was in the league in 2003 with prime Duncan, KG, Tmac, Kobe, Dirk, etc.
Doesn't matter if they're in their prime. All these current players would do just fine/light up 80s ball:

Rose
Kobe
Dwight
Durant
Wade
Paul
Westbrook
Carmelo
Duncan

Not to mention LeBron was still in the league when legends like Dirk, KG, etc were torching the league.

No need to underrate this generation of stars. They're as good as anyone.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:09 PM   #237
2010splash
Now a Cavs fan again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asukal
Scoring is your only criteria?

I guess defense is a totally useless attribute in basketball.
Two-way play > One-dimensional specialty play.

Anyone would rather build a team around LeBron (flawless/perfect player, can do literally anything and everything both offensively and defensively) over a weak scorer/inefficient offensive player like Russell.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:15 PM   #238
CP3MVP
soon

CP3MVP has decent reputation

Quote:
Please... the underrating of LeBron simply has to end. I'm sick of gees ranking guys like Magic and Bird over him. What are they better than him at? Jack sh-t.

Jordan I can live with cus he was a two way beast and too clutch. No weaknesses and dominant at every phase of the game, just like LeBron.

But get this Magic/Bird/Kareem sh-t out of here. Magic couldn't guard a chair. LeBron would post his ass silly or just blow right by him like a bullet. Same with Bird. These guys got NOTHING on LeBron except total numbers of years played.

Someone tell me something LeBron ISN'T elite at besides overrated FT shooting?

Troll harder, bro.
CP3MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:17 PM   #239
Asukal
Local High School Star

Asukal has decent reputation

Quote:
Two-way play > One-dimensional specialty play.

Anyone would rather build a team around LeBron (flawless/perfect player, can do literally anything and everything both offensively and defensively) over a weak scorer/inefficient offensive player like Russell.

You look at his ppg and conclude he is weak offensively. Great analysis.

According to you: Offense=PPG

I didn't watch Russell play but I'm not gona disrespect him by saying stupid sh!t.

However, I will agree that Lebron is almost a complete player now but he isn't greater than Bird yet.
Asukal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:27 PM   #240
Round Mound
NBA lottery pick

Round Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation here

Lebron James is a Better Athleate than Bird that i can Agree but This is Also a Game that Involves Skills (Not Just 1 on 1 Skills but Team Skills) and Bird Was Better than Lebron James at EVERYTHING but Ballhandling, 1 on 1 Creating and Driving to the Basket.

-Bird Was a Better Post Up 1 on 1 Player: Refined Post Game and The Master of the Half Hinch.

- Bird Was a Better Rebounder: Master of the Boxing Out and Seeing Angles Before the Ball Bounced of the Rim or Backboeard. Averaged 15.3 RPG in 1981 vs Moses Malone. One Must Know How To Learn How To Rebound Prior to Being Just Heavy Or Having Alot of Girf. Its a Skill.

- Bird Was a Better Pure Passer: Maybe Not Assister but Passer Yes Definetly. Lebron Gets More APG because he Plays More PG-PointForward While Bird was a PG/SF/SF/PF Hybrid In One Skill Wise Without the Ballhandling

-Bird Was Better Defensively: Go Check Out Defensive Rating for Individial Defense and Bird Tops all SFs in NBA History. Check Out Defensive Win Shares for the Way He Blended Defensively with Parish and McHale. Bird Provoced More Shots Missed Because of his Great Man to Man Defense on PFs, Helpf Defense and was Great Stealer, Probably the Best Team Defender of the 80s.

-Bird Was a Better 3-Point Shooter, Far Range Shooter, Pure Shooter and FT Shooter than Lebron.

-Bird Was Clutcher: Go Ask Other Players How Many Times Bird Would Single Out a Player and Space on the Court and Say That He Was Going to Take the Last Seconds Shot Right There and Do It!

-Bird Had a Superior Killer Instinct: He Was The Only One In The NBA Who Would Back Up His Trashtalking Prior to Games Themselves!

Being More Athletic, Faster, Quicker, More Agil, Stronger o Heavier Does Not Guarantee Being Better than Your Opponent Unless You Have High B-Ball IQ and Fundamentls. Go Ask Dwight Howard Who Was More Athletic than Hakeem and Kareem and Tell Him Where Ranks Next to Those Overly Skilled Centers.

Rules of Today Favor 1 on 1 Slashers...This is Where Lebron Would Excel in Any Era But He Would Be Hammered in the Play-Offs Had He Played Back When Real Normal Fouls Where Today`s Ejections and the Painted Area Was Filled With 7fters that Where Allowed To Camp and Slam You To The Ground If You Got To Excited About Driving to the Basket

BTW: LOL The Quotes from a German or Mav Fan Saying Dirk Was Better than Barkley and Malone. This Dude Deserves To Be Slapped by an Iron Bar!

Last edited by Round Mound : 02-05-2013 at 10:30 PM.
Round Mound is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: