Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-04-2013, 09:04 PM   #16
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year

Kurosawa0 has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: (regarding LA trade)Garnett will not agree to any trade unless Pierce is traded first

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b8rp8m6

No way, but interesting none the less.
Kurosawa0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:10 PM   #17
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: (regarding LA trade)Garnett will not agree to any trade unless Pierce is traded first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b8rp8m6

No way, but interesting none the less.
Thats my wish.. It would be sick to see them both dealt to the Clippers and add some real experience. CP3, Crawford, Griffin, Pierce, KG... would be f*cking awesome.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:13 PM   #18
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Thats my wish.. It would be sick to see them both dealt to the Clippers and add some real experience. CP3, Crawford, Griffin, Pierce, KG... would be f*cking awesome.

It'd be tough to see that being enough for Boston. Bledsoe is a good young player and Jordan is a legit starting center (despite his issues), but they'd have to take on another year of Caron Butler's deal.

Still, throw in a pick or two and I think you'd have to think about it if you're Ainge.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:19 PM   #19
Derka
Go C's!

Derka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
It'd be tough to see that being enough for Boston. Bledsoe is a good young player and Jordan is a legit starting center (despite his issues), but they'd have to take on another year of Caron Butler's deal.

Still, throw in a pick or two and I think you'd have to think about it if you're Ainge.

Clippers don't have anything in the lottery, I'm thinking...Ainge might give it some thought before turning it down if they were at least that.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:20 PM   #20
selrahc
Local High School Star

selrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this board

dwight and mwp for garnett and pierce
selrahc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:20 PM   #21
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derka
Clippers don't have anything in the lottery, I'm thinking...Ainge might give it some thought before turning it down if they were at least that.

The only way I could see it is if Ainge really wanted to move KG's deal and this was the only thing he'd accept.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:23 PM   #22
Derka
Go C's!

Derka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
The only way I could see it is if Ainge really wanted to move KG's deal and this was the only thing he'd accept.

I don't think Ainge wants to move him for anything less than a Dwight-level deal...a young superstar from a team that wants to win a ring in the next year or two and is a KG away from doing it. Anything less than that and I'm confident he's going to let this team ride it out.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:27 PM   #23
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derka
I don't think Ainge wants to move him for anything less than a Dwight-level deal...a young superstar from a team that wants to win a ring in the next year or two and is a KG away from doing it. Anything less than that and I'm confident he's going to let this team ride it out.

I think KG might just retire this summer. Can't believe he wants to hang around for a rebuilding project.

Pierce is the one that feels more likely to be moved. He'd still be great for a contending team.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:03 PM   #24
G-Funk
Palm Trees & Gangsters

G-Funk has decent reputation

Dwight
Garnett
Artest
Bryant
Nash
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:05 PM   #25
teddytwelvetoes
Kids at the park dunk on me

teddytwelvetoes has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Funk
Dwight
Garnett
Artest
Bryant
Nash
Wait, so Boston is gonna flip KG for the inferior/double the price Gasol?
teddytwelvetoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:10 AM   #26
okayabc123
Serious playground baller

okayabc123 has not been impressing people

If I was Mitch, I make the deal of Dwight/Artest/Blake for Garnett and Pierce. Garnett and Pierce at max has about the same years left as Kobe. Kobe can be even more of a facilitator with Pierce being able to carry the load himself on offense. And you get Pau to play center which I think people believe that is his natural position.

Pau
Garnett
Pierce
Kobe
Nash

I am not sure you lose that much defensively, because Garnett can still be a force on D down low. And fact is, there aren't that many great teams with good post players anyway, aside from Duncan.

As for Howard, this trade makes sense, he can be the superstar that he wants. And if he wants to play with a pass-first all star guard, Rondo can do that better than anyone in this league. (But he will have to wait till next year) And if Dwight don't want to resign, even with a bad back, teams will still pay max for him anyway. He is what, only 26-27?

And for Boston, you get DH which will create fan base if Celtics can resign him to a long term contract. Next year if Boston has a healthy Rondo and DH with another star wing player can be the next Big 3 for at least 3 years.
okayabc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:17 AM   #27
coin24
NBA sixth man of the year

coin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by okayabc123
If I was Mitch, I make the deal of Dwight/Artest/Blake for Garnett and Pierce. Garnett and Pierce at max has about the same years left as Kobe. Kobe can be even more of a facilitator with Pierce being able to carry the load himself on offense. And you get Pau to play center which I think people believe that is his natural position.

Pau
Garnett
Pierce
Kobe
Nash

I am not sure you lose that much defensively, because Garnett can still be a force on D down low. And fact is, there aren't that many great teams with good post players anyway, aside from Duncan.

As for Howard, this trade makes sense, he can be the superstar that he wants. And if he wants to play with a pass-first all star guard, Rondo can do that better than anyone in this league. (But he will have to wait till next year) And if Dwight don't want to resign, even with a bad back, teams will still pay max for him anyway. He is what, only 26-27?

And for Boston, you get DH which will create fan base if Celtics can resign him to a long term contract. Next year if Boston has a healthy Rondo and DH with another star wing player can be the next Big 3 for at least 3 years.

On what planet are the celtics and lakers trading partners?
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:19 AM   #28
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Players don't negotiate no-trade clauses for fun. KG wants to be here. Ainge can't even engage other teams in talks for fear of pissing him off.

Or they negotiate them so they can't be forced to go somewhere they don't want to go and actually have a say.

By the way, doesn't KG kinda screw over Pierce cause this motivates them to trade him even more knowing that's the only they can trade KG?

Last edited by guy : 02-05-2013 at 01:30 AM.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:19 AM   #29
Doranku
NBA sixth man of the year

Doranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation here

I would cry tears of happiness if Mitch somehow flipped Dwight for Pierce and KG.

Pierce and KG only give a 1-2 year window for a ring, but that's better than being stuck with Dwightmare for 5+ years.
Doranku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:20 AM   #30
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b82e8fh

Lakers:

PG - Nash
SG - Kobe
SF - Pierce
PF - KG
C - Gasol

Seeing that lineup would be crazy. Watching them possibly miss the playoffs would be even crazier.

Celtics get Rondo + Howard + Green + Clark to rebuild.

This would never happen of course.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: