Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-04-2013, 09:10 PM   #1
stephanieg
College superstar

stephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Walk the dog inbound, ever stolen?

If you don't know, it's the move where you let the ball roll so the clock doesn't start until you pick it up.

I can't remember anyone ever going after it seriously. Defenders either just let it happen or they make a fake but never actually go for it. But surely it's happened, right? It'd be a funny vid.
stephanieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:22 PM   #2
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Walk the dog inbound, ever stolen?

I feel like it has but I can't remember the clip. In the meantime, here's Kevin Garnett pulling a fast one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiYzjt-rTdk
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:23 PM   #3
Pushxx
Anti-NBA Hipster

Pushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've seen someone steal it as someone starts their dribble after picking it up, but never as it rolls.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:39 PM   #4
shoops
High School JV MVP

shoops has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushxx
I've seen someone steal it as someone starts their dribble after picking it up, but never as it rolls.
I think I've seen that happen as well though pretty rare, someone stealing/jump ball after the guy picks up the ball, but yeah for the most part there's not much risk, all they have to do is pick it up, they don't let the defender get too close. Sometimes you see defenders bluffing though.
shoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:46 PM   #5
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It happened in the last couple weeks. Can't remember which game though.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:23 PM   #6
ZMonkey11
YMCA Scrub

ZMonkey11 has decent reputationZMonkey11 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
I feel like it has but I can't remember the clip. In the meantime, here's Kevin Garnett pulling a fast one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiYzjt-rTdk

Good point in the video by the announcer. Kevin Garnett inbounded the ball to himself. That has to be a violation.
ZMonkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:44 PM   #7
dtbrehm
Can barely lace up my sneakers

dtbrehm has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
It happened in the last couple weeks. Can't remember which game though.
I don't remember who did it, but I know it happened to John Wall.
dtbrehm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:44 PM   #8
d.bball.guy
Heat fan since 2014

d.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
Top two YouTube comments

Ball don't lie came to my mind when Jax stole it
d.bball.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:20 AM   #9
no pun intended
Mozart Basketball

no pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtbrehm
I don't remember who did it, but I know it happened to John Wall.
Jameer did it to Wall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHcxrrWR5Gs
no pun intended is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:26 AM   #10
KungFuJoe
Local High School Star

KungFuJoe has not been impressing people

Knowing that it happened against Wall and the Wizards makes me feel happy that everything in the universe is in proper order.
KungFuJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:30 AM   #11
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by no pun intended

Nice find. I knew I had seen it recently.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:21 AM   #12
dannysc305
Great young streetballer

dannysc305 has an OK reputation so far

I saw it on Shaqtin' a fool a couple weeks ago, I think it was on Isaiah Thomas of the Kings, not sure exactly who, but sure it happened this season
dannysc305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:30 AM   #13
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

in 08-09 iirc Alston attempted to steal it from Rondo and was almost successful. In Fact it seemed like Rondo fouled him to retrieve the ball.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:35 AM   #14
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

InfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputation

Isn't it true that rolling the ball counts against the 5 second inbounding rule? I've heard announcers talking about it.

I've seen guys let the ball roll for definitely more than 5 seconds, but I've never seen that called.
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:36 AM   #15
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannysc305
I saw it on Shaqtin' a fool a couple weeks ago, I think it was on Isaiah Thomas of the Kings, not sure exactly who, but sure it happened this season

Try to find a video we all can't find one anywhere
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: