Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-03-2013, 04:06 PM   #16
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Keith Smart has to be fired!!!

How many coaches are they going to fire before they realize coaching isn't their real problem?
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:17 PM   #17
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
How many coaches are they going to fire before they realize coaching isn't their real problem?

Agree.
The roster is a mess.
There are no old school veterans in the locker room.
The team is just waiting to move.
The owners don't seem to care.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:26 PM   #18
33teeth
Good High School Starter

33teeth has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

I don't think that anyone thinks coaching is the problem. I just have seen enough from Smart that I am confident that he's a part of the problem. He's certainly not going to be a part of a solution.

Owners that will pay more than league min for the roster, hire a staff and actually pay for a decent coach will all help. Oh, I think a new GM too (duh).
33teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:03 PM   #19
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

When you consistantly hire below average coaches with below average talent it is, theres a reason Mark Jackson is the coach of the Warriors now and not Keith Smart. The reality is if players stop listening its over for the coach was my point and yeah there needs to be a complete change in how things are run and player moves

Have the people who are saying hes not to blame seen a single Kings games this year? Its one thing if hes getting the best of out a bad roster (like Orlando) but its another thing if hes getting the worst out of a bad roster.

Last edited by andremiller07 : 02-03-2013 at 09:09 PM.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:25 AM   #20
Kingsfans818
Good High School Starter

Kingsfans818 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:

Both Petrie( the real problem) and smart will be fired upon relocation

- trading cwbebbs 2 year deal for Kenny Thomas 4 year unmovable contract
- Keith smart, Paul westpahl, Eric musselman, Reggie theus, Kenny natt
- all the absurd trades, constant pg drafting , contracts, etc
Kingsfans818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:35 AM   #21
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsfans818
Both Petrie( the real problem) and smart will be fired upon relocation

- trading cwbebbs 2 year deal for Kenny Thomas 4 year unmovable contract
- Keith smart, Paul westpahl, Eric musselman, Reggie theus, Kenny natt
- all the absurd trades, constant pg drafting , contracts, etc

Preach my brother preach, on top of that 90% of the draft choices are out of the L and the best PG we had in Beno got traded for trash
Old 02-04-2013, 08:42 AM   #22
hon hon hon eat snails

9512 has decent reputation9512 has decent reputation

So Jimmer Fredette is not the answer to the Kings' PG woes?

(just asking I don't watch Kings games)
9512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:43 AM   #23
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9512

No he needs someone like Tyreke to bring the ball up, he struggles whenever he is pressured bringing the ball up and whenever he takes more than one dribble to create a shot it becomes a disaster. While he is a higher IQ player than both Thomas/Brooks its just to much to ask him to play PG. Jimmer is a younger/slightly more talented version of JJ Redick.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:09 PM   #24
33teeth
Good High School Starter

33teeth has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Only if you like bad defense and lots of turnovers.

I have hope he can play in the NBA, but it won't be as a starter.
33teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:12 PM   #25
Kingsfans818
Good High School Starter

Quote:

He has very poor vision / playmaking ability

Limited to catch and shoot off high scenes to be effective

Liability on d @ either g position

Think of marco Bellini only without the size

Reddick has a much more refined game
Old 02-04-2013, 01:16 PM   #26
Kingsfans818
Good High School Starter

On the convo of bad contracts

What do you guys think of this move as a straight salary dump?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=byqgxc9
Old 02-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #27
Miles and Miles
High School JV MVP

Miles and Miles has an OK reputation so far

Up until the last month or so I have liked Smart as the coach for this team. He has lost everyone fast. The buddy, buddy approach only lasts for so long. I do think he wasn't given a choice though. He goes hardcore and suspends Cousins and they tell him to un-suspend him so he lost all credibility and power right there. His rotations are beyond bizarre. There is almost no consistency with them. The only consistency that I have found is that Travis Outlaw only come in when they are losing in the 3rd quarter. They won't make a change this year unfortunately with everything going on. Petrie is done after this year we already know that.

The BB IQ on this team is the lowest I have ever seen. Tyreke and DMC just aren't very smart players, so your two questionable stars don't have a brain between them. Not sure why Coach Smart doesn't like Jimmer but he's the only one that has done something and hasn't gotten significant minutes on this team. Thorton has given up too. Not sure how many REALLY bad passes per game this team makes (maybe 10) but it really changes your view when you then go to watch a good team.
Miles and Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:57 AM   #28
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsfans818
On the convo of bad contracts

What do you guys think of this move as a straight salary dump?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=byqgxc9

I would only do that to help Chuck Hayes since hes a fantastic guy and a player who should be contributing somewhere while playing. For Chucks sake I hope they move him, I rather they move Thompson and Thornton for a decent wing. But the reality most likely of the situation will be Evans will leave us for nothing in return and its going to be another complete rebuild from scratch.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: