Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-03-2013, 12:45 AM   #16
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Top 5 Point Guards right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
Trolling? Yeah he never stops. He is budadiii-like.
Not sure if he's trolling. He seems to genuinely like Kyrie's game. But, he occasionally does the very annoying fanboy tactic of putting down the rest of the team and the franchise to promote his guy.

There are reasons the Cavs are not a good team right now. "No talent" isn't why. The fact that the starting five has an average age of 22 is the reason.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:47 AM   #17
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is a pretty well-respected posterbrandonislegend is a pretty well-respected posterbrandonislegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Not sure if he's trolling. He seems to genuinely like Kyrie's game. But, he occasionally does the very annoying fanboy tactic of putting down the rest of the team and the franchise to promote his guy.

There are reasons the Cavs are not a good team right now. "No talent" isn't why. The fact that the starting five has an average age of 22 is the reason.

They are young, and some have some potential but lets be real, Zeller, Thompson aren't going to be saving a franchise any time soon, Zeller gets pushed around like a middle school child. Thompson is solid but I don't know what his ceiling is.
brandonislegend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:47 AM   #18
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

being young is valid reason... but they better start winning soon im thinking next year?
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:49 AM   #19
RRR3
Where the White Women?

RRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Just picked Speights up in fantasy. Dropped Derrick Williams for him. Do you think Speights will continue to get enough minutes to be worth it? How many minutes is he getting so far? Also, noticed Tristan Thompson is averaging 11/9 that's good stuff. Why is his block rate down so much though? What's TT's ceiling IYO?
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:50 AM   #20
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is a pretty well-respected posterbrandonislegend is a pretty well-respected posterbrandonislegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR3
Just picked Speights up in fantasy. Dropped Derrick Williams for him. Do you think Speights will continue to get enough minutes to be worth it? How many minutes is he getting so far? Also, noticed Tristan Thompson is averaging 11/9 that's good stuff. Why is his block rate down so much though? What's TT's ceiling IYO?

Speights will have more value than Derrick Williams imo.
brandonislegend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:04 AM   #21
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR3
Speights is a solid pick-up. I think it is inevitable that he will take Zeller's spot in the staring lineup. Tristan will move over to the 5 and Speights will be the starting 4.

Speights has a silky smooth midrange game... He has to have one of the best jumpers of any big man in the league. I've also been impressed by his rebounding prowess and even defensively he's been better than I thought.

I know Memphis had to cut salary, but I will never understand why they let him go, in particular. Guy is 25, has a lot more upside, imo, and could end up being a starting player on a good team down the line. We'll see.

As for Tristan, he has been outstanding since Varejao went down. You are looking at his overall numbers -- which are very solid for a 21 year old sophomore -- but take a look at his per game numbers in the 21 games he has played as the primary big man...

14.7 points on 53.1% FG, 70.3% FT
11.2 rebounds
1.6 assists
1.0 blocks

If you told people Tristan has been averaging 15/11 in the last 20+ games, they probably wouldn't believe you... But he has and he still has tons of room to grow. Sky is the limit.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:08 AM   #22
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Speights has a silky smooth midrange game... He has to have one of the best jumpers of any big man in the league. I've also been impressed by his rebounding prowess and even defensively he's been better than I thought.

Well said on top of that I would like to add hes got that nasty streak in his game which non of the other Cavs seem to him, and like TT he will give you maximum effort, I can't see how Zeller is starting over him hes 1/2 the player and is weaker both physically and mentally than Mo at this point. Mo is a straight up scrapper with some finesse mixed in.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:12 AM   #23
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
Well said on top of that I would like to add hes got that nasty streak in his game which non of the other Cavs seem to him, and like TT he will give you maximum effort, I can't see how Zeller is starting over him hes 1/2 the player and is weaker both physically and mentally than Mo at this point. Mo is a straight up scrapper with some finesse mixed in.
He has a great evil smile/scowl he puts up after making a tough shot. Yeah, he's got some dog in him. And, you are right... That is something this Cavs team needed.

I like Ellington too, btw.

That was an absolutely tremendous trade for the Cavs. A borderline fleecing.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:18 AM   #24
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
He has a great evil smile/scowl he puts up after making a tough shot. Yeah, he's got some dog in him. And, you are right... That is something this Cavs team needed.

I like Ellington too, btw.

That was an absolutely tremendous trade for the Cavs. A borderline fleecing.

I said the second they made it Cavs did a great deal, I really hope the Cavs keep Speights and let him play 30+mins a game him and Kyrie if they develop chemistry will do some serious damage on that pick n roll/pop and you would expect Irving to get at least 1-3 extra assists a game. I want to see what this guy can do with some serious mins.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:22 AM   #25
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
I said the second they made it Cavs did a great deal, I really hope the Cavs keep Speights and let him play 30+mins a game him and Kyrie if they develop chemistry will do some serious damage on that pick n roll/pop and you would expect Irving to get at least 1-3 extra assists a game. I want to see what this guy can do with some serious mins.

It's no coincidence that the Cavs are 3-2 since the trade. I said all year that the bench was one of the major reasons this team's record is so poor. Maybe it isn't a playoff team yet even with a better bench, but no way they would be 14-34.

The bench has been completely revamped in the last month. Speights, Ellington and Shaun Livingston have taken it from a major weakness to a borderline strength. Livingston is another guy who is quietly rejuvenating his career in Cleveland.

It isn't always visible in his numbers, but he is playing some really good, really key minutes for this team.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: