Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 02-02-2013, 09:43 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Should Raptors try to get Pau Gasol?

Gasol’s name became a talking point in Raptors-related trade rumours at the beginning of this season, especially when the Lakers hired Mike D’Antoni, who seems to have a need for a floor stretching big man to play his style of offence. Of course, the Raptors have a floor stretching big man who just happens to be near ready to return from injury, while Gasol and D’Antoni appear to be at odds with each other.

Whether the Lakers actually want any part of Andrea “Enigma Of All Enigmas” Bargnani is certainly worth a discussion on its own, but it appears as though the smoke has begun to fill the room again with respect to Gasol to Toronto rumours.

-- TheScore.com blog
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:11 PM   #2
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Should Raptors try to get Pau Gasol?

I'm all for this trade as long as Bargnani is the player going the other way.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:22 PM   #3
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
I'm all for this trade as long as Bargnani is the player going the other way.

Agreed.

And for salaries to work we may get to con them into taking Landry Fields.

Wouldn't mind trying to get a back-up PG from them either, either Steve Blake or Chris Duhon.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:28 PM   #4
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

Considering we've got Gay now, why the hell not. Tanking's off the table. I'm just not sure how we make the $$$ work without including Derozan as well. I'd probably make that deal... Not sure LA would
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:12 PM   #5
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason
Considering we've got Gay now, why the hell not. Tanking's off the table. I'm just not sure how we make the $$$ work without including Derozan as well. I'd probably make that deal... Not sure LA would
Pretty much. Might as well go full-retard at this point and try to win. Rebuilding is totally scrapped which is a shame.

The key would be to dump either Bargnani's (preferably) or Derozan's contract in any deal. The huge downside of such a deal getting done and the Raptors showing some "promise" going into next year is that Colangelo would stay on. That would not be acceptable. The Raptors future hinges on getting rid of this idiot. I'm really hoping that he is acting as nothing more than a "puppet" and there's a Wayne Embry working with ownership in the shadows behind the scenes.

Last edited by Qwyjibo : 02-02-2013 at 11:18 PM.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:28 AM   #6
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Saw this idea on another forum (IGN):

Gasol, Blake, Jamison

for

Bargnani, Derozan, Kleiza, Gray

Again, given that the Raptors are not going to rebuild as much as I want it to happen, I'd be down for that kind of a deal. I have no idea why the Lakers would want to take on both Bargnani and Derozan but I don't know what the perception of Derozan's value is around the league.

Last edited by Qwyjibo : 02-03-2013 at 01:30 AM.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:17 AM   #7
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo

Gasol, Blake, Jamison

for

Again, given that the Raptors are not going to rebuild as much as I want it to happen, I'd be down for that kind of a deal. I have no idea why the Lakers would want to take on both Bargnani and Derozan but I don't know what the perception of Derozan's value is around the league.

I take that deal 10 times out of 10. Ross seems to be everything Derozan is but slightly better and not making 10 million per and to me one of the worst things about getting Gay on this current team is that Ross will be hindered in terms of minutes. Again, like I've said in another thread my understanding is the Lakers want to move Gasol because he's underperforming his 19 million contract and they don't want to pay unnecessary luxury taxes, so I'm not sure why picking up $20 million in 3 underperforming players would be something they'd do.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:09 AM   #8
Burgz V2
Good college starter

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo

Gasol, Blake, Jamison

for

we'd be able to get more for DeRozan for sure. I think the general consensus around the league is that DeMar is a player waiting to break out and in need of a different situation. They are wrong, but it doesn't mean we don't exploit it.

in general a trade that's Gasol + filler for Bargnani + filler is a god send. I already accepted a couple months ago that we'd get nothing but scraps for Bargs but if we could get Gasol we'd be able to at least win a couple of playoff games, maybe sneak by a 3rd seed.

This is as far as our rebuild is going people. get used to it. if we make the playoffs BC is gonna be resigned FOR SURE
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:36 AM   #9
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

To Lakers
Andrea Bargnani
Quincy Acy
Landry Fields
Aaron Gray

To Raptors
Pau Gasol
Chris Duhon
Robert Sacre
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:45 AM   #10
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
To Lakers
Andrea Bargnani
Quincy Acy
Landry Fields
Aaron Gray

To Raptors
Pau Gasol
Chris Duhon
Robert Sacre

I like this. Getting rid of Bargs, getting rid of that Fields contract and ridding us of the creepy big white guy and getting back Gasol, a decent PG and somewhat canadian content.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:46 AM   #11
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
To Lakers
Andrea Bargnani
Quincy Acy
Landry Fields
Aaron Gray

To Raptors
Pau Gasol
Chris Duhon
Robert Sacre

If rebuilding is out the door, then yep.

Improve the PG rotation, improve the front court, and Sacre at the very least has more potential than Gray.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:47 AM   #12
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low
I like this. Getting rid of Bargs, getting rid of that Fields contract and ridding us of the creepy big white guy and getting back Gasol, a decent PG and somewhat canadian content.

Watch your mouth.

Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:08 PM   #13
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
Watch your mouth.

Don't worry cause you can't grow full facial hair haha
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:23 PM   #14
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Bcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'd be willing to accept any deal that involves Bargnani + filler for Gasol and a PG. We desperately need another PG in the rotation and if we can turn Bargnani into Gasol (even if he is old and has bad knees) I cant complain.

Plus, if it doesn't work out well with Gasol he turns into a $19m expiring contract which is pretty valuable in its own sense.
Bcogswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:19 PM   #15
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

I'd be more than willing to get rid of Derozan, but not as a throw in/salary dump. I mean, we all know Bargs has less value than he did before but I know there's teams out there that would take a chance on DD to see what he can do. We here pretty much know that what you see is what you get, but to the scouting world he's a young dude with potential. And I agree about Ross. I'd rather we have a young, cheap Ross and then perhaps sure up the 4/5 spot with a DD deal. I also think it'd be hard to send Bargs/DD in one deal unless it's a straight up salary dump deal like the one Q proposed.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: