Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-02-2013, 09:09 PM   #16
Bandito
NBA Role Player

Bandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Pau 22 pt 12 rebs 3 blks as startin center

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
But at some point your center has to be intimidating and give hard fouls to prevent further drives. You cant just stand their with your arms up every drive. My son Pau gotta start fouling the bricks off these nikkas
Ok I give you that. But he developed his game in Europe not in the USA. He already knew everything he needed, he just got better conditioning. They teach better fundamentals, that's why he doesn't foul out and play solid D and Dwight does.
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:16 PM   #17
TheBigVeto
Negging Me Is Gay

TheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputation

Best Laker player in their last 2 'championships'*.
TheBigVeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:27 AM   #18
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
The guy is a PF, not a C. If you had KG, Noah, Davis, Ibaka...guys like that, then you could play him at C He's an awful defender at the position. Josh Smith would also do great next to Gasol.

Hell, if you could get Larry Sanders you'd be good...tho he would be the center and not Gasol...Sanders would probably do very well next to him. Henson, too, if he was ready.

Gasol is a face up and high/low post center. He's definitely not a PF and never was one. Lakers have been using him wrong almost the whole time he's been there.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:16 PM   #19
amfirst
Great college starter

amfirst has an OK reputation so far

Guards score at will with him in the middle.
amfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:56 PM   #20
FindingTim
National High School Star

FindingTim is considered somewhat coolFindingTim is considered somewhat coolFindingTim is considered somewhat cool

here is a crazy idea:
Pau Gasol is a looong, skilled, high-IQ 7 footer who plays power forward.
Dwight Howard is an athletic, 6-9/6-10, relatively unskilled rebounder who plays center.

switch their positions. holy shit I am a genuis.
FindingTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:56 PM   #21
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
Gasol is a face up and high/low post center. He's definitely not a PF and never was one. Lakers have been using him wrong almost the whole time he's been there.

I believe he starts alongside his Brother on the NT, and his Brother plays center. That's as well as you'll ever see Gasol play. It's what he played in Memphis, mostly. He's a hybrid but I believe he's more of a PF than a C. And he's certainly less a C than Dwight Howard.

Gasol, as a defensive center, is a problem. You can put him in the post, on offense, but he can't be in the paint on the other side of the ball. Maybe he can't play with Howard, but that's not a good fit for him either.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:57 PM   #22
Magic 32
College superstar

Magic 32 has a very bad reputationMagic 32 has a very bad reputationMagic 32 has a very bad reputationMagic 32 has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigVeto
Best Laker player in their last 2 'championships'*.

Magic 32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:18 PM   #23
Doranku
NBA sixth man of the year

Doranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation here

Trade Dwight for KG, Jet, and Bradley.

Who says no?
Doranku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:12 PM   #24
ac_gold_26
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ac_gold_26 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekindled
As ive been saying all along this guy is the best center in the league, lakers need to trade that b1tch Dwight and pacakage MWP with him for an athletic SF. and they are set.
The lakers problem hasn't been in the offense end its always been about the defense. Without howard they got no shot at making the playoff's. but i would trade him I get the feeling his resigning with the lakers.
ac_gold_26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:24 PM   #25
TheBigVeto
Negging Me Is Gay

TheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic 32

TheBigVeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:35 AM   #26
Pinkhearts
Local High School Star

Pinkhearts is considered somewhat coolPinkhearts is considered somewhat coolPinkhearts is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingTim
here is a crazy idea:
Pau Gasol is a looong, skilled, high-IQ 7 footer who plays power forward.
Dwight Howard is an athletic, 6-9/6-10, relatively unskilled rebounder who plays center.

switch their positions. holy shit I am a genuis.

Terrible idea. What is Dwight going to to if he can't stay in the paint and dunk? Shoot mid range jumpers? Set up play from the key?
Pinkhearts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: