Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-02-2013, 10:35 AM   #16
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Anyone else believe the Pacers could beat the Heat in a playoff series?

Pacers are very good and brought out much more effort in both two games against Heat, but i dont believe it will be the same story in a 7 game series, its not impossible tho..... Heat had the exact same problems against Pacers last year, see what happened....
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:43 AM   #17
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Anyone else believe the Pacers could beat the Heat in a playoff series?

No. Teams without a go-to-guy don't have any chance against the Heat.

Bulls with Rose and the Knicks are the only 2 teams that at least have a shot at beating the Heat now that Rondo is out for the season.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:43 AM   #18
christian1923
Y'all ni**** trippin

christian1923 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
I think so but Danny Granger will need to come off the bench to avoid distorting the offensive unit and Paul George' emergence. The Pacers rebound and defend 10x better than the Heat. Playoff games are always scored in the 80s anyways so it won't be a problem and we need to remember that the Pacers have beat the Heat twice this season without their star player, Granger.
There offense is there problem, granger can only help.
christian1923 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:49 AM   #19
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Could? Of course. Put my life savings on it? Hell no, I'm an idiot homer, but not that stupid.

But it could certainly happen. Beating Miami doesn't make the Pacers a title favorite or anything, just means they do well what Miami doesn't.

But it doesn't matter, the team's not doing shit in the playoffs with Hibbert being nothing on offense. He shot 46% in January, which still ain't great considering his size and the point blank looks he gets, but baby steps. Roy needs to put up 50%+ from here on out. Guy's a stellar defender, but we don't have Melo, we can't afford you being a superstar defender whose offense is just putbacks. You got paid, time to act like it on both ends.

But Miami is..."scared" isn't the right word, because it's just not true. But they fully understand that it's the one team they just cannot matchup with, their personnel won't allow it. Anyone who thinks Miami is "coasting" or "not trying" against Indy just doesn't watch the games.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:23 AM   #20
Jyap9675
True Point Guard

Jyap9675 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch

Seeing that Thunder losing that series finals 4-1, shows that even if you have a go-to-guy it is still hard to beat the Heat.

Anyway, I think Pacers could, I'd like to believe so anyway. This Pacers team is very athletic and long.
Jyap9675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:31 AM   #21
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyap9675
Seeing that Thunder losing that series finals 4-1, shows that even if you have a go-to-guy it is still hard to beat the Heat.

Anyway, I think Pacers could, I'd like to believe so anyway. This Pacers team is very athletic and long.
Of course it's hard to beat them even if you have a go to guy. But there's like 1% of chance of beating them without at least one great offensive player on the team.
Heat defense in the playoffs is just too good and they have 3 great offensive players surrounded by good role players who can also shoot.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:46 AM   #22
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Hoops
They seem to always have their number. Now that Paul George has improved his game, they don't have to rely on Granger as much when he comes back.
You might be seeing what I am seeing with the Heat all year long .....

The Heat time after time are doing lazy man work through the season.

Examples :
Never blocking out at the boards
Never protecting the basket on the weak side
Never helping out on the weak side for their defense.

Granted this saves their legs for the playoff's

BUT

Teams that watch film , will be attacking those spots time after time throughout the playoff's

What will happen is that the Heat , if they don't start cranking up their defense before the playoffs will become less rezeal'ant to covering those spaces and teams will get easy possessions as well as baskets.

In the playoff's all teams would like to win by 20 every game , but most games are concluded with a 1-5 point swing.

Those easy baskets could mean a critical lose in a series.

Yes the Heat could by percentage win the series , but those extra games could catch up to them when the finals roll around.

--------------
I see Anthony getting more burn down the road , because he has always been a clog down in the paint as well as a pretty good weak side defender.
His pick and roll is a handy cap , but I would assume Coach S. would use him as a filler , to make or throw the opponenet off their offensive scheme's.

This season I still think we will see a couple of significant trades with playoff teams... (Milwaukee will be in the mix)
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #23
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
They got the best chance of out anyone in the East for them to win but George, West, Hibbert and Granger would all have to play to there fullest while there two PG's play at a solid level which will be hard to do. They got the most bodies to throw at Lebron and Wade while West and Hibbert can apply pressure on the boards and force Bosh to use a lot of energy on D against them.

Tbh this would probably be the most interesting match up in the East this year due to the bad blood.
I could see George and Granger on the floor at the same time ....

Their would be enough offensive power...
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:00 PM   #24
Dro
College superstar

Dro has decent reputationDro has decent reputation

Not sure what Pacer team everyone else is watching but of course they can beat the Heat. I'd give them 50/50 chance at this point. Why not? Last year was last year. Miami has improved by adding Ray Allen and Chris Anderson. The Pacers have improved by adding Ian and Lance Stephenson who has improved leaps and bounds which everyone seems to be forgetting. He has to prove he can keep this up in the playoffs but his confidence is outstanding and so is his effort/defense. Come playoff time, thats just another intense player that the Pacers can throw at the Heat.

People act like the Pacers can't score. They're low scoring is more of a function of the offense that Vogel runs(which I don't really care for unless its a Hill/West pick and roll). Everyone on the team can score. Hill, Paul, Granger, West, Hansborough, Lance, Augustine has played much, much better and his hitting his threes. Hibbert is the key but he doesn't really have to score much IMO. He just has to continue playing D and hitting the boards like he has been. The team can go through West and Tyler, and even Paul George and Granger in the post. Lance is also good at posting up smaller guards and the Pacers have the formula to beat the Heat. Not sure why someone else said the Pacers don't do what the Heat struggle with. The Pacers do exactly what the Heat struggle with. Hopefully the team has learned this year how to still get the ball down low when the post is being fronted like Miami did last year. Paul George is a much improved player than last year. I see the series going at least 6 games just like last year and if Miami slips and ends up not having HCA against the Pacers, well the Pacers are 18-3 at home just like Miami so far and only 1 fewer win and the Pacers have also played the most road games out of almost any team in the NBA..

Lebron will step up but really, the Pacers should just put Paul on Wade to minimize him. Paul really only struggles running through screens which is not Wade's forte. Lebron will get his anyway so just put Granger or Lance on him to make it tough and take everyone else out of the game like they did tonight. I guess Bosh could be the wildcard...

Last edited by Dro : 02-02-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Dro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:38 PM   #25
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

TheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this board

nein
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:44 PM   #26
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dro
Not sure what Pacer team everyone else is watching
They aren't. There's maybe 4 people whose outside opinion I'd be interested in because I know they've watched more than 24 minutes of the Pacers. The other hundreds repeat Jon Barry talking points.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:57 PM   #27
Dro
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
They aren't. There's maybe 4 people whose outside opinion I'd be interested in because I know they've watched more than 24 minutes of the Pacers. The other hundreds repeat Jon Barry talking points.
This is true...
Old 02-02-2013, 01:29 PM   #28
Foster5k
College star

Foster5k has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dro
I'd give them 50/50 chance at this point.

In what fantasy world, are the Pacers equal to the Miami Heat? Pacers have a losing road record for a reason. This team is inconsistent and still lacks a star player to carry them in the playoffs. Heat still have the best player in the world, Lebron James. Now, they have a healthier Wade. People forget that Wade was basically playing at 60% in last year's playoffs. Not to mention, Chris Bosh is back for the entire playoffs. Oh and let's not forget the addition of Ray Allen.

So, like I said, in what fantasy are the Pacers equal to the Miami Heat? Pacers need to worry about Danny Granger getting back into the offense and trying to find a real star type player. Paul George is good, but he can't carry this team as their number 1 option.

Current Heat would smoke these guys in a 7 game series. 4 game sweep or 5 game massacre.
Foster5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #29
DMV2
NBA Stats Watcher

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch

Bulls with Rose and the Knicks are the only 2 teams that at least have a shot at beating the Heat now that Rondo is out for the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyap9675

Defense by committee is key to beating LeBron and the Heat...not a go-to guy.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:43 PM   #30
Dro
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV2
Defense by committee is key to beating LeBron and the Heat...not a go-to guy.
Thank you...somebody with a brain...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: