Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-01-2013, 10:43 PM   #1
Reverend Hoops
Decent college freshman

Reverend Hoops has decent reputationReverend Hoops has decent reputation
Default Anyone else believe the Pacers could beat the Heat in a playoff series?

They seem to always have their number. Now that Paul George has improved his game, they don't have to rely on Granger as much when he comes back.

Last edited by Reverend Hoops : 02-01-2013 at 10:50 PM.
Reverend Hoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:49 PM   #2
Eric Cartman
respect my authoritah

Eric Cartman is considered somewhat coolEric Cartman is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Anyone else believe the Pacers could beat the Heat in a playoff series?

Even with a healthy Rose i don't think the Bulls match up with the Heat. Out of the Elite group of the East, the Knicks have the best shot at beating the Heat (highly unlikely).

The Pacers can cause them problems, but the Heat turning it up in the playoffs will be much for an inexperienced team to handle.
Eric Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:49 PM   #3
red1
Dinosaurs

red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Anyone else believe the Pacers could beat the Heat in a playoff series?

no
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:50 PM   #4
Ancient Legend
Possessed by B-Ball

Ancient Legend is a pretty well-respected posterAncient Legend is a pretty well-respected posterAncient Legend is a pretty well-respected poster

Nope.
Ancient Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:51 PM   #5
Derka
Go C's!

Derka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Pacers starters already failed to beat the Heat in a series.

They have a chance at doing so if Roy Hibbert doesn't turtle again. No reason a guy that big shouldn't bury a smaller team like the Heat.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:52 PM   #6
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

TylerOO has decent reputationTylerOO has decent reputation

No
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:57 PM   #7
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

tmacattack33 has not been impressing people

With Bosh? ...Nope.

Without Bosh? ...Nope

Without Bosh, Wade, and Lebron? ...Yup
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:00 PM   #8
DMV2
Keep on Rockin in...

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

They won't beat the Heat but they are Miami's biggest threat in the East, now that Rondo is out for the season.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:20 PM   #9
Pacers4ever
Banned

Pacers4ever has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Hoops
They seem to always have their number. Now that Paul George has improved his game, they don't have to rely on Granger as much when he comes back.
I'm not sure we have their number based on just 2 games lol but we are a lock for at least ECF if we don't meet the heat beforehand. I really don't want to trade Granger either.
Pacers4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:32 PM   #10
Indian guy
Very good NBA starter

Indian guy has decent reputation

Indiana's offense translates very poorly in the playoffs, with nothing resembling a go-to-guy. Unlike the regular season, Miami will actually play defense in the playoffs, and that'll be the end of the Pacers. 5 game series.

Bulls(w/ Rose) and Knicks are the only teams in the East Miami should take seriously. Those are loaded teams whose biggest strengths are Miami's biggest weaknesses. Wouldn't be surprised at all if either team beats Miami in the playoffs.
Indian guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:13 AM   #11
Mr. Incredible
Good college starter

Mr. Incredible has an OK reputation so far

Nah. Heat just getting Indiana's hopes up only to crush their dreams in May.
Mr. Incredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:15 AM   #12
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is a pretty well-respected posterimdaman99 is a pretty well-respected posterimdaman99 is a pretty well-respected poster

you never know. i dont see it, but theres a shot. same with the knicks. unless everyone feels the heat purposely tried to lose by 20 pts both at msg and miami to give the knicks hope... which is what im expecting

no sign of obvious heat trolls... what a surprise
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:17 AM   #13
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think so but Danny Granger will need to come off the bench to avoid distorting the offensive unit and Paul George' emergence. The Pacers rebound and defend 10x better than the Heat. Playoff games are always scored in the 80s anyways so it won't be a problem and we need to remember that the Pacers have beat the Heat twice this season without their star player, Granger.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:28 AM   #14
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Ian Mahinmi is the Miami killer.

R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:32 AM   #15
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

They got the best chance of out anyone in the East for them to win but George, West, Hibbert and Granger would all have to play to there fullest while there two PG's play at a solid level which will be hard to do. They got the most bodies to throw at Lebron and Wade while West and Hibbert can apply pressure on the boards and force Bosh to use a lot of energy on D against them.

Tbh this would probably be the most interesting match up in the East this year due to the bad blood.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: