Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-30-2013, 07:37 PM   #1
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat cool
Default So where is Rodney Stuckey getting traded to?

He was already the odd man out at PG with Bynum's emergence. Now they add Calderon?

I assume they will try to re-sign Calderon and it wasn't solely a move to dump Prince's contract..
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:39 PM   #2
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: So where is Rodney Stuckey getting traded to?

Amnesty?
Or maybe Stuckey to Charlotte for Tyrus Thomas.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:47 PM   #3
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
Amnesty?
Or maybe Stuckey to Charlotte for Tyrus Thomas.

stuckey+monroe for tyreke+cousins.

Drummond
Cousins
Singler
Evans
Calderon

playoff team right there
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:49 PM   #4
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i think calderon is mostly for the expiring and to allow knight to play more off ball
stuckey has mostly been playing the 2 anyways. Besides singler at the 2 is done IMO
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:05 PM   #5
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation here

Stuckey for Blake+Duhon
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bsadzc7
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:12 PM   #6
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Did Detroit end up being the 3rd team in the Raptors/Grizzlies deal for Gay?
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:36 PM   #7
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Did Detroit end up being the 3rd team in the Raptors/Grizzlies deal for Gay?
looks like it. stuckey started and JJ is in the rotation
Old 01-30-2013, 08:41 PM   #8
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeah, I just read that Prince and Daye were traded for Calderon, in a 3 way deal with the Grizzlies. I guess we have a bunch of cap space. It definitely does open up some PT for Jerebko.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:43 PM   #9
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Yeah, I just read that Prince and Daye were traded for Calderon, in a 3 way deal with the Grizzlies. I guess we have a bunch of cap space. It definitely does open up some PT for Jerebko.
best part of the trade IMO. JJ all the way baby!
Old 01-30-2013, 08:54 PM   #10
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
best part of the trade IMO. JJ all the way baby!

That and we have a bunch of cap space. I feel like another trade is going to happen. Maybe not before the deadline. It could be in the offseason. There's just not great FA's, so having this cap space scares me.... I don't want Joe D throwing a ton of money at a couple of guys who don't deserve it again. I could totally see him over paying a Josh Smith (who is definitely not a max contract player) or giving Tyreke 10+ million (which wouldn't be good).
Old 01-30-2013, 09:09 PM   #11
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
That and we have a bunch of cap space. I feel like another trade is going to happen. Maybe not before the deadline. It could be in the offseason. There's just not great FA's, so having this cap space scares me.... I don't want Joe D throwing a ton of money at a couple of guys who don't deserve it again. I could totally see him over paying a Josh Smith (who is definitely not a max contract player) or giving Tyreke 10+ million (which wouldn't be good).

Josh Smith is a great player and would be on a team where the best players are all on rookie contracts. He wouldn't hurt the team or their capspace.

He's also a PF, so not good. But Tyreke Evans is actually a very good pickup. To play with a shooter like Knight, who doesn't dominate the ball for a point? Might be ideal.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:16 PM   #12
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Josh Smith is a great player and would be on a team where the best players are all on rookie contracts. He wouldn't hurt the team or their capspace.

He's also a PF, so not good. But Tyreke Evans is actually a very good pickup. To play with a shooter like Knight, who doesn't dominate the ball for a point? Might be ideal.

Smith plays PF now, but he could also play SF. If he was signed to the contract he wants, he's going to hurt any teams cap space. Who wants to pay him 15 million (minimum) for the next 5 years? That's not going to win anybody championships. There's only a handful of people in the league that deserve a max contract in my opinion. Those are the few guys that can lead a team to a championship (Kobe, Durant, Lebron, etc). Smith is not that kind of player. He's very good, but not great.

Evans is often injuried. He can score, but doesn't really have a complete game. He might fit well next to Knight, since they could at least match up with opposing teams defensively. He's probably not going to be worth what his market price gets driven up to. It could be a BG signing all over again. At 8 million per season, I'd be fine with him. I have a feeling he'll be getting more. Look at the FA market. It's not that deep. Outside of CP3 and Howard (who will highly likely re-sign) there's Smith and then a bunch of guys who will probably get too much money. I just hope teams don't get into a bidding war with themselves because they have cap space. Hopefully the new rules of the CBA make teams smarter this time.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:22 PM   #13
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Rubio2Gasol has decent reputation

I think there are teams out there that will throw Smith money. Teams looking to compete. He's the type of dude meant to fill in gaps in an offense - not to be the focus of it. He will run the break and he can get you points, but he's much more a 3rd than a first option.

He'll also defend defend your best player, protect the rim and be a one man transition preventing machine.

If he wants max money- that won't materialize , but I think he's a perfect fit for a contender.
Rubio2Gasol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:34 PM   #14
selrahc
Local High School Star

selrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young

this
selrahc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:35 PM   #15
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahc
this

Detroit really doesn't need those guys. I would think the Lakers would want CV before anything. They need a big guy who can shoot. Anyway around it, the Lakers don't have any assets the Pistons could use.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: