Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-30-2013, 05:51 PM   #76
Reverend Hoops
Decent college freshman

Reverend Hoops has decent reputationReverend Hoops has decent reputation
Default Re: Marc Stein: Rudy Gay to Raptors deal IN PLACE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStebb716
Pump the breaks. They're 5.5 games out right now and need to jump three teams to get there. Grizz are still a playoff team.

I should of said done as a contender in the West.
Reverend Hoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:51 PM   #77
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Woj: Gay to Raptors could happen tonight

I haven't watched Toronto more than 3 times this year but I thought Bargs was playing center when he played himself out of the starting 5?
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:53 PM   #78
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Pump the breaks. They're 5.5 games out right now and need to jump three teams to get there. Grizz are still a playoff team.
Sweet! A mediocre roster in cap hell and a first round sweep at the hands of Miami just to get that ever important mystical "winning experience"! What a bright future the Raptors have.

If Colangelo is retained beyond this season, I'm out. I rip up and piss all over my imaginary Raptors fan card.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:55 PM   #79
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This is Sterns vision of spreading talent.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:56 PM   #80
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
I forgot Calderon was going out for a sec. In that case they WILL likely move either Ross or Derozan for a PG. My point was Toronto actually gets better, Memphis gets two backups. You mentioning them saving a ton of money is exactly where they are making a mistake. Teams like Memphis who are close to perennial contender... decide to blow up their bench and even trade their 2nd best, maybe best all around player to shed cap.

They are not going to trade either of those guys for a PG when they have an all-star on the bench.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
If they swap out and get Prince, I guess its slightly better. Davis can be the PF of the future with Marc and Prince can just slide in at the three. Should've kept OJ if they were going to deal Gay though.

I don't see them trading Prince now...especially not for Calderon. They'll be in the playoffs next year. They can use him.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:56 PM   #81
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Why would Memphis even consider that? They want VC, but not THAT bad.

Kaman is expiring. They already have Gasol, Randolph and Arthur. Does it really matter whether they get Kaman or Davis?
R.I.P. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:58 PM   #82
Haymaker
College star

Haymaker has decent reputationHaymaker has decent reputation

I'll be happy for Prince if this goes down. Memphis will be alright.
Haymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:58 PM   #83
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
Lol so the Raptors trade a promising big man in Ed Davis and keep Bargani? I'm convinced he's the illegitimate son of Bryan Colangelo there's no other explanation.
Bargnani, kleiza, fields
For
Amare, James white, brewer
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:00 PM   #84
k0kakw0rld
Local High School Star

k0kakw0rld posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryk0kakw0rld posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Raptors are getting Gay.
k0kakw0rld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:00 PM   #85
Chicago Brawls
Great young streetballer

Chicago Brawls is a pretty well-respected posterChicago Brawls is a pretty well-respected posterChicago Brawls is a pretty well-respected posterChicago Brawls is a pretty well-respected poster

An inconsistent backcourt plus an unproven frontcourt plus Gay equals Atlanta Hawks territory for the years to come...

Well played Canada.
Chicago Brawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:03 PM   #86
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

DStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this board
Default Re: Memphis agrees to trade Rudy Gay to the Raptors

MEMPHIS gets: Ed Davis, Tayshaun Prince, third piece (either Austin Daye or 2nd round pick)

TORONTO gets: Rudy Gay, Hamed Haddadi

DETROIT gets: Jose Calderon
DStebb716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:03 PM   #87
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

DStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Bargnani, kleiza, fields
For
Amare, James white, brewer

You're still on that train? Give it up. The Knicks wouldn't consider this sack of garbage.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:04 PM   #88
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P.
Kaman is expiring. They already have Gasol, Randolph and Arthur. Does it really matter whether they get Kaman or Davis?

There are other players on a team besides the 5 starters... Ed Davis is young and inexpensive... And under control for longer.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:07 PM   #89
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
Lol so the Raptors trade a promising big man in Ed Davis and keep Bargani? I'm convinced he's the illegitimate son of Bryan Colangelo there's no other explanation.

No reason to trade a guy whose value is currently negative considering his contract, health, and production.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:07 PM   #90
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Bcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
I haven't watched Toronto more than 3 times this year but I thought Bargs was playing center when he played himself out of the starting 5?

Nope, hes been at PF all year.
Bcogswell is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: