Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-30-2013, 06:59 PM   #151
Bertz
I brick open layups

Bertz has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Woj: Gay to Raptors could happen tonight

I'm quite happy with this trade. I've always been a big supporter of Rudy, but he never played up to the expectations, or salary paid. Grizzlies weren't going to win it all with him, so may as well realize that now and keep building.

Rosterwise I don't think the Grizzlies have suffered too much, with the addition of Prince and Davis. This is one hell of a defensive unit. Also, I believe these guys will blend in better with Conley and ZBo than Rudy did.

Only move I felt bad about so far was letting OJ leave. Would love to see him on this roster.
Bertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:59 PM   #152
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepingdeath
Dallas apparently turned down a Calderon for Carter trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
did you just call bargnani a good rebounder? are you insane?

Cold-blooded sarcasm.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:00 PM   #153
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115

Cold-blooded sarcasm.

I don't know how to be more obvious than stating a players biggest criticism and biggest weakness
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:00 PM   #154
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertz

Only move I felt bad about so far was letting OJ leave. Would love to see him on this roster.

Since Cuban wants to keep Carter so bad, you should have re-acquired OJ Mayo lol.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:01 PM   #155
Joey3000
High school junior varsity star

Joey3000 has not been impressing people

why isnt Boston making a play for Gay?
Joey3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:03 PM   #156
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Cuban turning down Calderon is just boneheaded. I doubt it'd get Dallas to the playoffs but it'd sure as hell give em a better shot, and it saves a few mil on the cap.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:04 PM   #157
Cermet
Local High School Star

Cermet has no real reputation yet.

They still have to do something about Bargniani. Playing him is not good and they can't seem to trade him. But they also can't let him stay on the bench and not play at all. Wtf are they supposed to do? wave him?
And as I said. Shit load of wing players. And they need a good backup PF if amir gets a starting job.

They should get Motiejunas. Rockets don't play him at all so they probably wouldn't want for him much. Motiejunas WORST case scenario is Bargniani at a very low price.
I know people seem to not value him but if given a chance he would be a pretty good player. Right now I think he would play better than Valanciunas(even though Val is a C and Motiejunas is a PF)
Cermet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:06 PM   #158
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Grizzlies are trading Rudy Gay to Raptors in 3-team deal

I'd say just amnesty Bargs but what's the point now, their cap's already shot to hell.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:06 PM   #159
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
I don't know how to be more obvious than stating a players biggest criticism and biggest weakness

with CF86 nothing is impossible
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:08 PM   #160
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Aww this made me sad.

"The fans have been with me since day 1, so it's tough to leave." - Calderon, choking back tears, before he left the arena.

Love this guy, have always wanted him on my Clips and I hope Detroit treats him well
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:08 PM   #161
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
I'd say just amnesty Bargs but what's the point now, their cap's already shot to hell.

i would love to, but BC would never amnesty his no. 1 pick. dude is seriously in love with him. if he plays bad he questions everyone else. it's seriously pathetic.

no, he'll try and try to find a trade for him, hoping some poor soul will give us some picks or cap space.
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:08 PM   #162
albas89
Jessica Alba

albas89 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cermet
So what the fck are they going to do with the PF spot ? Bargniani will be traded and somebody has to take his spot. That was supposed to be Davis.
And they would have shit load of wing player. Landry, Tross, Anderson and lets not forget Kleiza who btw is pretty good when on the floor.
Bass+1st rounder for Lowry...

Make it happen Danny!!

Oh wait...
albas89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:10 PM   #163
Cermet
Local High School Star

Cermet has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albas89
Bass+1st rounder for Lowry...

Make it happen Danny!!
yeah and they are left without PGs
Cermet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:11 PM   #164
creepingdeath
How does my Dirk taste

creepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Cuban turning down Calderon is just boneheaded. I doubt it'd get Dallas to the playoffs but it'd sure as hell give em a better shot, and it saves a few mil on the cap.
I bet he thinks he'll get more for Vince... Like Cuban's last couple of free agency gambles paid off so well. I mean, Vince is having a great year considering his age, but a trade for Calderon is a no-brainer. Dallas is so bad at the PG position. No one can consistently create, and even a simple pick and roll with Dirk seems to be impossible.
creepingdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:19 PM   #165
RoboticWang
Larry Legend

RoboticWang has an incredible reputation hereRoboticWang has an incredible reputation hereRoboticWang has an incredible reputation hereRoboticWang has an incredible reputation hereRoboticWang has an incredible reputation hereRoboticWang has an incredible reputation hereRoboticWang has an incredible reputation here

Reading these tweets... the feels

Quote:
Calderon just told us it is close to done but hasn't heard official. He is putting on uniform
Quote:
My bad, Calderon just got dressed!
Quote:
Calderon put on street clothes and walked into other room after telling us it is close. No sign of Ed
Quote:
Ed Davis just did his goodbye hugs. Looks like a done deal to me
Quote:
This place is a morgue
Quote:
Bargnani having his pre-game pasta
Quote:
Much sadness in #raptors locker room as Calderon, Davis say goodbye
Quote:
Ed Davis just left the Raps locker room & headed towards the bus area
Quote:
Calderon and Davis now leaving Philips Arena in street clothes.
RoboticWang is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: