Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-30-2013, 06:56 PM   #61
red1
Dinosaurs

red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Is it possible for me to get a good physique?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
Not in all cases, it honestly depends what the intended goals are. Even if I eat good foods, if I eat too much (calorie wise) I will still gain weight. The quality of food will have benefits to overall health, but in terms of weight loss it is abuot caloric deficits + still getting recommended daily vitamin intakes

HOWEVER, you are right in some degree, if you eat junk, which naturally has more calories in it, it will be harder to create a deficit without starving yourself at some point. Say I eat a whopper and fries for lunch, which has an obscene amount of calories in it, let's say 1000, in order to create a deficit (let's say 2000 is maintenance) i'd have to eat less than 1000 calories the rest of the day in order to get even the slightest of gains. Most people will still eat two or three other FULL meals which would put them way over. SO eating junk is partly a cause but not for the reasons you stated. If I only ate one whopper every day I'd lose weight but I'd be unhealthy as fcuk. See what I'm saying?
From the OPs perspective he doesnt have any knowledge of nutrition so rather than focus on limiting himself to small portions of fries and pizza he should overeat broccoli spinach and other veggies that are not calorically dense while eating solid portions of fat and protein. I don't think it is even possible to overeat some shit like celery so if the op wants to munch all day he can do it that without effecting his weight loss goals.
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:56 PM   #62
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

No it's not possible.

ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:03 AM   #63
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
cheat days are great

i like to have 6-7 a week

rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:16 AM   #64
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here

You have never seen those reality shows about fat people losing like 150+ pounds in a matter of a couple of months? Their "genetics" looked far worse then yours. It's all about proper diet and dedication to an active lifestyle. You have the internet, there are a million of great advices on the web about nutrition and effective work-out routines.

It's about YOU being committed to changing your life; for some reason I don't think you have it in you just by the fact you're blaming your problem on your genetics.
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:19 AM   #65
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevereUpInHere
If this is really you, you're on the wrong forum for positive reinforcement. Go onto bodybuilding forums or weightloss forums. I guarantee you'll get a much more helpful response on there.

That said, if you work at it you'll be able to make a hell of an improvement, I've seen people do it.

First think that came to my mind.
As soon as I seen the pictures I was like "Oh man, poor guy is going to get shredded and look for a rope..."
Old 01-31-2013, 10:38 AM   #66
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis
First think that came to my mind.
As soon as I seen the pictures I was like "Oh man, poor guy is going to get shredded and look for a rope..."

Or attempt to stab himself with that spoon.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:39 AM   #67
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Or attempt to stab himself with that spoon.

You guys buy his story?
I just figured he had a plate of food on his bathroom counter...
Old 01-31-2013, 11:56 AM   #68
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis
You guys buy his story?
I just figured he had a plate of food on his bathroom counter...
I know on the bodybuilding.com forums they always asked people to take pics with a spoon to prove it was them, maybe that's where he originally posted them.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:12 PM   #69
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

damn you hit the sweets after sizz broke up with you?
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:33 PM   #70
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation here

The spoon was just random as ****!
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:11 PM   #71
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board

fukk, i need this too. im already at my fattest ive ever been (226), and with work and school full time, idk how i can incorporate exercise. my diet is horrible as well. i eat a lot of fruits and veggies, but i need my meat and whenever i eat meat, i need my rice. goddamit!
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:13 PM   #72
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Just came across this today. Seems relevant!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:09 PM   #73
Pushxx
Pushxx

Pushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Eat less. Move more. Lift weights.

It's as simple as calories in-calories out. If you are consistently at a 750-1000 calorie deficit when your head hits the pillow every night, you will lose weight.

Repeat for 6 months and you're easily looking at losing 35-50 pounds of fat.

Cardio and weight-lifting is a great way to help you create a calorie deficit, and it will make you stronger and avoid your heart exploding at age 50.

Don't worry about the details and bullshit tips people give. Just do what I said.

The one suggestion I'd give is to try intermittent fasting. It's not a diet; it's just an eating schedule that will promote fat burning and appetite curbing. It's not for everyone, though.

Eat less. Move more. Lift weights. Calories in-calories out.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #74
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

Thanks everyone!

I will post updated photos 2 months from now.
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:55 PM   #75
bbp1aya
Can barely lace up my sneakers

bbp1aya has an OK reputation so far

Unless you tried with 110% effort on BOTH nutrition (notice I didn't say diet) AND exercise... you have absolutely no ground on even mentioning genetics.

I said nutrition, not diet, because the word "diet" implies something that's temporary. You need to make both good nutrition and regular exercise PERMANENT.
bbp1aya is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: