Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 02-01-2013, 03:08 AM   #106
letshaveacorona
I airball my layups

letshaveacorona has not been impressing people
Default Re: TRADE! Raptors get Rudy Gay in 3-team deal

hmmm thats a tough review to swallow im think im kinda depressed.

I still think it was the right move. Aquiring a player with all the tools. I sure would have loved to seen this lineup:

pg-lowry/Lucas
sg-Fields/Ross
sf-gay/anderson/ Kleisa gone to amnesty clause or traded
Pf-Davis/Amir/Vet
c -BigV/Amir/Vet

Davis/Gay would have been a nice 1-2 punch...dammmit. But its still not too late. I propose the following trade:

Lakers get DeRozan/Bargnani/cash considerations(lol im actually serious)
Toronto gets Pau Gasol

Do it MLSE make it happen
letshaveacorona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:14 AM   #107
Velocirap31
Decent college freshman

Velocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation here

Why do you want Pau Gasol? And to give up Derozan for him as well? Does Bargnani have a negative trade value now or something?
Velocirap31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:42 AM   #108
letshaveacorona
I airball my layups

Well the way I see it is:

•with Gay and Ross and add fields and anderson to that list DeRozan becomes expendable
•yes Andrea Bargnani now has a negative trade value. DeRozan doesn't though I actually like him Gay is just a lot better an Ross can shoot and plays D.
•we need a Big man Gasol is a perfect fit I mean who else are we gonna put there tell me someone more qualified than a top 10 Pf who will be a massive expiring contract in 2 years.
•the cash considerations to LA is a sweetner, incentive, compensation, a buy off, kickback, gravy, bait (I like that one), or just call it a Payoff
•consider the possibility that the Lakers don't make the playoffs right. They need changes. Not Kobe..not Dwight...not Nash....it's gotta be Gasol.

I would do this in a heartbeat. and roll that lineup out or something close too it until I just let gasols contract expire and I use the cap space to keep this young core together and competitive.

Oh and let's not forget Gasol is an NBA champion, world champion and brings tremendous leadership and swagger to a young pack of raptors.

Last edited by letshaveacorona : 02-01-2013 at 05:48 AM.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:11 AM   #109
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocirap31
Why do you want Pau Gasol? And to give up Derozan for him as well? Does Bargnani have a negative trade value now or something?

I'd say Bargnani and Derozan both have negative value to our team.

Lowry
Ross
Gay
Amir
Val

is much better than

Lowry
Demar
Gay
Barg
Amir

imo
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:18 AM   #110
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

When the Lake show are bummed about paying Pau 19 million and being a tax-level team I gotta think they don't want 20 million tied up in two more underachieving players. I think the Pau trade is a thing of the past now that our big expirer who was perfect for making the $$$ work is in Detroit. I agree though that since Memphis just passed calderon along anyway if we could have somehow slotted Derozan into the tradeinstead of Calderon or Davis (less likely) I'd be much more all over it.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:24 AM   #111
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

I actually think a team with Gay and Lowry as your 2nd and 3rd best player could make real noise. While way way overpaid, Fields is a guy you could see playing a role on a very good team. Same with Amir and Ross. The timing is poor. We'd need Val to be at his future peak, say similar to a Pekovic. And then we need a top player probably at the 4 or 2. Trade Derozen and Bargs to try and get that player. Would NO give up max contract eric gordon. Pau could fit the bill also. Not saying title, but a pretty damn good team. Issue is we still have DD and Bargs so long way away.

Lowry
SG
Gay
Pau
Amir

Ross
Fields
Val
Anderson

I don't think anyone would want to play that team once some holes filled like a shooter and packup PG. Could even start Fields if you felt that you had enough offense in the starting lineup. Fields contract is inexcusible, drafting Ross etc. But can't change that.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:37 AM   #112
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

we need to flip either/both derozan/bargs for a quality PF.
Unfortunately don't see it happening.
Amir/Val is not a very good frontcourt. Neither was Davis/Val though. I think both Amir and Ed are best suited to first big off the bench.
I wish there was a way to get that quality big.
Maybe there is a way to get Pau if a third team is involved.

For example
Lakers get
Derozan Milsap
Jazz get
Bargs
Raps get
Gasol

Too bad the lakers probably don't want derozan and the jazz probably don't want bargs.
Maybe just derozan to the Jazz for Milsap?

Lineup of
Lowry
Ross
Gay
Gasol or Milsap
Val

would be entertaining at least.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:04 PM   #113
letshaveacorona
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason
When the Lake show are bummed about paying Pau 19 million and being a tax-level team I gotta think they don't want 20 million tied up in two more underachieving players. I think the Pau trade is a thing of the past now that our big expirer who was perfect for making the $$$ work is in Detroit. I agree though that since Memphis just passed calderon along anyway if we could have somehow slotted Derozan into the tradeinstead of Calderon or Davis (less likely) I'd be much more all over it.

*The Lakers are not so much bummed about paying Gasol 19Mil as they are about losing games. The Lakers expected to win with this lineup/budget and the general idea was to win at all cost untill 2014-2015 where only Nash is signed up to where at that point they would rebuild. In my opinion the "salary dump" isnt as big a priority in LALA land as it was in Memphis.

*Also I have always though going back a couple of years that Bargnani would thrive next to a big like Dwight. Most of Bargs mistakes are covered up with rebounding machine at Center who is a perennial defensive player of the year. Bargnani can just live on the perimter the way he likes. Too bad he still cant shoot for his life.

*Demar DeRozan is from LA so I think there would be some interest there on the Lakers part. Hes a young up-and-coming Sg/SF who you can play on the wing next to Kobe and he can be a building block in LA perhaps learning from his Idol Kobe and taking over in a few years.

*The Cash considerations would help ease the luxury tax for LA its a payoff to get this DEAL DONE...MONEY SOLVES MANY PROBLEMS AND WE HAVE A PROBLEM THAT NEEDS SOLVING

*Perhaps we offer to take back one of their contracts like a Steve Blake or Ron Artest, include Kleiza in the deal and offer up a cash amount so that the Buss family can Amnesty Kleiza on our dime.

LA Lakers potential 13/14 starting lineup

pg- Nash/Blake/Morris
sg - Kobe/ Meeks/Vet
sf - DeRozan/Ebanks/Clark
pf - Bargnani/Hill/Vet
C - Dwight/Hill/Sacre

Toronto Raptors potential 13/14 starting lineup

pg- Lowry/Lucas/Vet
sg- Ross/fields/Andersen
sf- Gay/Artest/Andersen
pf- Gasol/Amir/Gay or Artest (small ball lineup)
C - Val/Vet/Amir

I think LA would have to be at least mildly interested. I mean they arent going to make the playoffs this year and they cant rebuild so this gives them an opportunity to reload. I see this as a win/win and i think it would be viewed that way around the leauge. Unless theres a better offer out there this needs to get done asap before bargs presence destroys this team and this year becomes a failure. time is of the essence.

Last edited by letshaveacorona : 02-01-2013 at 03:09 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:49 PM   #114
Trip Mc
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Trip Mc has an OK reputation so far

Jebus Chicken littles. We get a legit SF for a dime a dozen "potential" young PF.

I'll take the proven player.
Trip Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #115
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by letshaveacorona
*The Lakers are not so much bummed about paying Gasol 19Mil as they are about losing games. The Lakers expected to win with this lineup/budget and the general idea was to win at all cost untill 2014-2015 where only Nash is signed up to where at that point they would rebuild. In my opinion the "salary dump" isnt as big a priority in LALA land as it was in Memphis.

*Also I have always though going back a couple of years that Bargnani would thrive next to a big like Dwight. Most of Bargs mistakes are covered up with rebounding machine at Center who is a perennial defensive player of the year. Bargnani can just live on the perimter the way he likes. Too bad he still cant shoot for his life.

*Demar DeRozan is from LA so I think there would be some interest there on the Lakers part. Hes a young up-and-coming Sg/SF who you can play on the wing next to Kobe and he can be a building block in LA perhaps learning from his Idol Kobe and taking over in a few years.

*The Cash considerations would help ease the luxury tax for LA its a payoff to get this DEAL DONE...MONEY SOLVES MANY PROBLEMS AND WE HAVE A PROBLEM THAT NEEDS SOLVING

*Perhaps we offer to take back one of their contracts like a Steve Blake or Ron Artest, include Kleiza in the deal and offer up a cash amount so that the Buss family can Amnesty Kleiza on our dime.

LA Lakers potential 13/14 starting lineup

pg- Nash/Blake/Morris
sg - Kobe/ Meeks/Vet
sf - DeRozan/Ebanks/Clark
pf - Bargnani/Hill/Vet
C - Dwight/Hill/Sacre

Toronto Raptors potential 13/14 starting lineup

pg- Lowry/Lucas/Vet
sg- Ross/fields/Andersen
sf- Gay/Artest/Andersen
pf- Gasol/Amir/Gay or Artest (small ball lineup)
C - Val/Vet/Amir

I think LA would have to be at least mildly interested. I mean they arent going to make the playoffs this year buy they cant rebuild so this gives them an opportunity to reload. I see this as a win/win and i think it would be viewed that way around the leauge. Unless theres a better offer out there this needs to get done asap before bargs presence destroys this team and this year becomes a failure. time is of the essence.

The Lakers have a 20 year deal worth 3 billion with Time Warner Cable. I don't think they care about a little bit of cash. I don't think they want to rebuild either until they get rid of Kobe.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:03 PM   #116
letshaveacorona
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
The Lakers have a 20 year deal worth 3 billion with Time Warner Cable. I don't think they care about a little bit of cash. I don't think they want to rebuild either until they get rid of Kobe.
Reload...the word I used was Reload...there's a big difference between a reload and a rebuild.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:23 PM   #117
Molson
Great young streetballer

Molson has an OK reputation so far

I'll take heat for this but I think we should keep Bargnani. As long as Casey plays it right, we could be a pretty dangerous team.

I like the idea of starting Lowry, Demar, Gay, Amir and either Gray or Val. There is not a more athletic starting group in the NBA. If Casey can continue to get them to commit to defense, then that lenghth and athleticism will give any team fits and as long as we continue to progress in the transition game, there wil be few teams who can run with us.

So in that case, have Bargs come off the bench with Anderson and Ross. That is some serious firepower. I know we all like to sh*t on Bargnani but I'm not going to forget the times that he absolutely dominated other teams starting units in the past. Now imagine what he could do to second units. He'll be super tough for them to guard. Then with Ross and Anderson, all we'll need is for one of them to get hot.

Super athletic starting unit. Big time shooting second unit and I think we would be a dangerous and scary team to be stuck against in the playoffs.

And if we jusssst miss the playoffs, well then at least we minimize the loss of our draft pick cuz of the stipulations involved.

So I say keep Bargs, bring him off the bench and let's see what happens.
Molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:54 PM   #118
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

All contract talk aside, Bargs has never played well off the bench. That's one of those moves that could potentially make sense "on paper" but I don't see it working out when the games are played out. Bargs has a fragile psyche and he believes that he should be starting. In addition, we have now have almost 50 mill tied up between Gay/Fields/Derozan/Lowry (pre big extension)/Amir. Then you add in Bargs remaining 30 mill and it really makes no kind of sense for us to keep him. Even trading him for next to nothing makes more sense than keeping him on the books as a minimal bench contributor.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:09 PM   #119
letshaveacorona
I airball my layups

Well I say this. After watching gay and DeRozan click so well last night without even having a practice I'm optimistic and not so overly concerned with the duplication at the swing position. So I'm going back on my previous posts and taking DeRozan off the block until I see some more games to see if they can develop a nice chemistry an perhaps a solid 1-2 punch on the wings with Lowry at the point.

As for Bargnani I'd like to see a few games until I offer an opinion. It could work. I highly doubt it I think Bargnani's time here has expired and past the point of no return. At the very least I wouldn't be against playing out the season with the current lineup And if Il Mago can't fit in with this new era of raptor ball trade him in the off season.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:09 PM   #120
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
All contract talk aside, Bargs has never played well off the bench. That's one of those moves that could potentially make sense "on paper" but I don't see it working out when the games are played out. Bargs has a fragile psyche and he believes that he should be starting. In addition, we have now have almost 50 mill tied up between Gay/Fields/Derozan/Lowry (pre big extension)/Amir. Then you add in Bargs remaining 30 mill and it really makes no kind of sense for us to keep him. Even trading him for next to nothing makes more sense than keeping him on the books as a minimal bench contributor.

Yeah... I'd just as soon amnesty him and use the flexibility to MLE some backups to plug the huge backup pg hole than see if he can handle a bench role once more. We need to rid ourselves of at least one of Derozan and Bargnani and since I believe we can't amnesty Derozan (it was under new CBA he was signed right?) I thingkBargs HAS to go so we can get some now much needed depth.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: