Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-29-2013, 07:46 PM   #16
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Raps In Trade Talks For Rudy Gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
It would nice if that "smooth stroke" led to the ball actually going into the basket mroe often. For a guy who hasn't been getting to the line much since last year, Gay hasn't been much of a shooter. If that continues, it's a terrible fit beside Derozan who can't shoot either.
don't think you got the joke, but put that aside he is a Terrible fit beside Derozan. A high volume shooter who doesn't contribute much anyways outside of scoring. He is essentially a larger version of Derozan, which is better, but also a terrible fit at the same time.
kmart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:07 AM   #17
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

So if the holdup really is finding a third tea for Calderon that can give Memphis something to offset losing gay why isn't Dallas the answer with Marion?

Tor gets gay and Arthur

Mem gets Marion and Ed Davis

Dal gets Calderon.

Of course you know I think there is a way to involve New York and Bargnani/amare.
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:59 AM   #18
Kujo
National High School Star

Kujo has decent reputation

I can't believe it looks like this deal will happen. BC is a moron. Giving up Ed Davis, who's clearly shown he's better than AB, and that we are better with him as a starter?

I like Rudy Gay, but he's way overpaid, and not elite. He goes MIA way too often.

This trade will just continue the endless treadmill of horrible to mediocre basketball, and mortgage our future.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:18 AM   #19
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

So I just read that Memphis is trying to get their hands on Ross. I guess the Raps said Ross and Valanciunas are the only 2 players on the roster deemed untouchable.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:17 AM   #20
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

I would love for this trade to happen but BC can't just stop here if this deal is made. Bargnani and/or DeRozan would need to go next. I have a hard time seeing DeRozan co-existing with Gay on the wing just because in a way they have similar offensive games and Gay would demand the ball much more. Bargnani, I don't even have to make a case for him being traded
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:28 AM   #21
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

Sakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation here

Nooo, don't give em Davis, WTF.
Sakkreth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:45 AM   #22
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

The final hurdle for the salary dump of Memphis Grizzlies forward Rudy Gay to the Toronto Raptors hinges on finding a third team to absorb the expiring contract of Raptors guard Jose Calderon, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Grizzlies have inquired with multiple teams over the past several days, searching for a willing partner to facilitate a three-team deal, sources said.

Despite organizational proclamations to the contrary, new Memphis ownership and management is determined to unload Gay and the $37 million owed him as soon as possible, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

-- Yahoo
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:04 AM   #23
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakkreth
Nooo, don't give em Davis, WTF.
Yeah, I hate including Davis in this deal. This organization is so dumb and short sighted. You just give Derozan that massive contract and than your gonna go after a running mate that's making one that's double that size who both need the ball a lot to put up their numbers. This would make a lot more sense without Derozan being part of their long term picture. And then we still have Bargnani. And what about Ross? No rhyme or reason for anything BC does. This is a "save my ass, save my job" move. Clearly.

Last edited by bokes15 : 01-30-2013 at 11:06 AM.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:29 PM   #24
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:53 PM   #25
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees

Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:56 PM   #26
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

I just read that a sticking point is that the Grizzlies don't have a need for Calderon (hence why looking for a 3rd team) and that they are trying to get Terrance Ross from us.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:00 PM   #27
letshaveacorona
I airball my layups

letshaveacorona has not been impressing people

Im a big Davis fan but he is replaceble. Al Jefferson, Milsap, David West are just a few PF that are free agents in the summer.

OH wait im smell the, But the Raps cant attract any Free Agents song coming.

Well thats cuz weve been losing if you add Gay to the team this might be an interesting spot for a decent PF to play along side a high potential Center and a seasoned 3.

And yes Derozan might become expendable and although im not the biggest Colangelo fan Im pretty sure if us posters on ISH can figure that out im pretty sure him and Stefanski can see that too meaning im sure they have other plans in the works. Some ISH posters like to post like they know all the information when in reality we post with probably 1% of the real time info that the team has. lol
letshaveacorona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:41 PM   #28
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by letshaveacorona
Im a big Davis fan but he is replaceble. Al Jefferson, Milsap, David West are just a few PF that are free agents in the summer.

OH wait im smell the, But the Raps cant attract any Free Agents song coming.

Well thats cuz weve been losing if you add Gay to the team this might be an interesting spot for a decent PF to play along side a high potential Center and a seasoned 3.

And yes Derozan might become expendable and although im not the biggest Colangelo fan Im pretty sure if us posters on ISH can figure that out im pretty sure him and Stefanski can see that too meaning im sure they have other plans in the works. Some ISH posters like to post like they know all the information when in reality we post with probably 1% of the real time info that the team has. lol

Yes! Free agents! Why not overpay for marginal improvements to a less than mediocre team versus keeping a young, improving cost controlled big through 2015? Sounds like a great plan to me.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:42 PM   #29
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

Also, why do I keep reading that Colangelo must have "other plans"? What could these other plans possibly be, and at what cost to the current team's future? This isn't a team that's two moves away from a championship.

If your entire goal is to just get to the playoffs this year, get run out in the first round and the future be damned... giddy up I guess?
Old 01-30-2013, 02:43 PM   #30
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

FCardelle has an OK reputation so far

Even if it were Lebron instead of Gay, we are much more than a piece away from being a contender or attracting free agents.

We'll get two years of an overpaid Gay. Some more wins, less chances in the lottery, and that's it.
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: