Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 01-27-2013, 05:07 PM   #1
maxhornets
Jrue Dat

maxhornets has an OK reputation so far
Default Boston guards?

Is it worth picking up one of the celtics guards now that rondo is out for the season? I had a look after the heat game, Courtney Lee started but it seemed as though barbosa/Jason terry got the most minutes. Do you think any of these guys are going to be decent fantasy options now?
maxhornets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:44 AM   #2
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Re: Boston guards?

Boston point guard Rajon Rondo has suffered a torn ACL in his right knee, which has been confirmed by an MRI, reports ESPN Sunday. Rondo missed Sunday's game against Miami due to what was called a hyperextended knee suffered against Atlanta on Friday. However, the MRI found further damage and Rondo is all but guaranteed to be done for the season. Courtney Lee started in his place Sunday and Avery Bradley saw more time at point guard. "It's tough on everybody," Kevin Garnett said of Rondo's injury following a win over Miami Sunday. "He's becoming the heart and soul of this team"

Analysis: Rondo has officially torn his ACL, the same injury that has kept Derrick Rose out so long, and is likely done for the season. In fact, he'll have to work to get back by next year if the prognosis is as bad as it sounds. Rondo has recorded double-doubles in three of his last five games and is averaging 18.8 points, 10.4 assists and 1.8 steals per game over that span. His injury came up just before game time Sunday and his status for the rest of the season is now likely in jeopardy. When healthy, Rondo is obviously a must-start Fantasy point guard. Bradley becomes a solid pickup as he'll likely run the point for Boston moving forward.

-- CBS Sports
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:50 PM   #3
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxhornets
Is it worth picking up one of the celtics guards now that rondo is out for the season? I had a look after the heat game, Courtney Lee started but it seemed as though barbosa/Jason terry got the most minutes. Do you think any of these guys are going to be decent fantasy options now?

Pick up Terry if he's available. Avery Bradley is another option but he'll give you scoring a couple steals and not much else. But he's still inconsistent at the moment.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:39 PM   #4
maxhornets
Jrue Dat

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
Pick up Terry if he's available. Avery Bradley is another option but he'll give you scoring a couple steals and not much else. But he's still inconsistent at the moment.

I'm in a 14 team league so it's very deep, meaning that even average players are owned. Bradley is already owned, I picked up and the jet and dropped Marcus Thornton, and I had a spare roster spot from a trade I resently did so I picked up Courtney lee as well. I'll start terry this week and monitor both of them, and I'll drop which ever one isnt performing better/seeing less minutes. Or keep both if there both playing well
Old 01-28-2013, 11:41 PM   #5
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
I'm in a 14 team league so it's very deep, meaning that even average players are owned. Bradley is already owned, I picked up and the jet and dropped Marcus Thornton, and I had a spare roster spot from a trade I resently did so I picked up Courtney lee as well. I'll start terry this week and monitor both of them, and I'll drop which ever one isnt performing better/seeing less minutes. Or keep both if there both playing well

Jet was a good pick up. Courtney Lee is meh. Who else is on the waiver wire. This is around the time that I usually monitor young players that will start getting minutes as teams start tanking.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:32 AM   #6
maxhornets
Jrue Dat

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
Jet was a good pick up. Courtney Lee is meh. Who else is on the waiver wire. This is around the time that I usually monitor young players that will start getting minutes as teams start tanking.

Iv'e been looking at adding players who I think are gonna see minutes down the stretch, I'm thinking Bismack, he could be a 10/10 guy given a good amount of minutes. Thomas Robinson from the kings maybe? Was also looking at John Henson from the Bucks
Old 01-29-2013, 08:57 AM   #7
charlesf3
I airball my layups

charlesf3 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Iv'e been looking at adding players who I think are gonna see minutes down the stretch, I'm thinking Bismack, he could be a 10/10 guy given a good amount of minutes. Thomas Robinson from the kings maybe? Was also looking at John Henson from the Bucks

Henson in a 14 team league is a good pick. He's N/A in my 12 team for awhile now.
I also like the pick up of Jason Terry for you!
charlesf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: