Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-26-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
Duderonomy
Nothing but NETS

Duderonomy has not been impressing people
Default Who would you draft over Shaq?

Is there anybody you would take over him to start a team? Kareem or Jordan maybe.
Duderonomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:41 PM   #2
MAC system
Serious playground baller

MAC system has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Who would you draft over Shaq?

Maybe wilt, kareem or hakeem. Thats it
MAC system is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:42 PM   #3
Young X
College star

Young X is considered somewhat coolYoung X is considered somewhat cool

Michael Jordan.
Young X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:42 PM   #4
FreezingTsmoove
#H3AT nation,GangGreen

FreezingTsmoove posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFreezingTsmoove posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Kareem, Hakeem, Duncan, Oscar, Lebron, Magic since I take loyalty to a franchise into account
FreezingTsmoove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:42 PM   #5
christian1923
Y'all ni**** trippin

christian1923 is starting to rub some people the wrong waychristian1923 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

How is Michael Jordan a Maybe?
christian1923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:44 PM   #6
ralph_i_el
The Wizard

ralph_i_el has a terrific reputationralph_i_el has a terrific reputationralph_i_el has a terrific reputationralph_i_el has a terrific reputationralph_i_el has a terrific reputation

no mere mortal
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:45 PM   #7
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Lets see. Jordan, Wilt, Magic, Kareem and Bird, Id take these five over Shaq. Cant think of anyone else.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:54 PM   #8
Pushxx
Anti-NBA Hipster

Pushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation here

Bird, Magic, MJ, and Kareem.

Arguably Russell and/or Wilt, too.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #9
BlackWhiteGreen
NBA lottery pick

BlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
Kareem, Hakeem, Duncan, Oscar, Lebron, Magic since I take loyalty to a franchise into account

BlackWhiteGreen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:56 PM   #10
FreezingTsmoove
#H3AT nation,GangGreen

FreezingTsmoove posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFreezingTsmoove posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=288636
FreezingTsmoove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:08 PM   #11
ThaRegul8r
National High School Star

ThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation hereThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation hereThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation hereThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation hereThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation hereThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation here

Depends on what kind of team I want to build. One's vision for a team (as well as philosophy) will determine what personnel to get in order to achieve that vision.
ThaRegul8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:08 PM   #12
DMV2
Keep on Rockin in...

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

With or without knowledge of their NBA careers? Because if you always know what the outcome is then you'll just pick the usually names (Jordan, Magic, Kareem, Russell). Then the maybe, Chamberlain, Bird, Duncan, LeBron.

Based on their college or high school prospective potential, I can only think of Chamberlain, Russell, Kareem, Magic and LeBron(because he was super hyped out of HS). But all of those guys are "maybe's."

I think only Kareem have a good chase to be picked over Shaq if we're going solely by their college/HS hype.

Maybe somebody with real good knowledge of draft scouting/reports can chime.

Last edited by DMV2 : 01-26-2013 at 09:10 PM.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:10 PM   #13
gengiskhan
Banned

gengiskhan has a bad reputationgengiskhan has a bad reputationgengiskhan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderonomy
Is there anybody you would take over him to start a team? Kareem or Jordan maybe.

No one in the History of the NBA

You can add Magic & Larry to that list too.

You draft players of potential.
MJ is only 6' 6".
Kareem lacks brute strength of Shaq & need Magic, Bird like floor leader.
Hakeem too.

Shaq was beast of nature. Blessed with Huge massive hands & strongest player to ever play in NBA. Even a lazy, bum Shaq will deliver atleast 3 NBA titles because 5 feet inside the paint. Shaq is absolutely UNSTOPPABLE.

Shaq can easily dominate because of his strength, brute force & huge hand size that controls the ball easily.

I see Shaq in the Draft. I'll pick him blindly over Top 5 GOATs.

Why?

Shaq "GUARANTEED" multiple titles. Others, I'm not too sure about.
gengiskhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:12 PM   #14
DMV2
Keep on Rockin in...

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gengiskhan
No one in the History of the NBA

You can add Magic & Larry to that list too.

You draft players of potential.
MJ is only 6' 6".
Kareem lacks brute strength of Shaq & need Magic, Bird like floor leader.
Hakeem too.

Shaq was beast of nature. Blessed with Huge massive hands & strongest player to ever play in NBA. Even a lazy, bum Shaq will deliver atleast 3 NBA titles because 5 feet inside the paint. Shaq is absolutely UNSTOPPABLE.

Shaq can easily dominate because of his strength, brute force & huge hand size that controls the ball easily.

I see Shaq in the Draft. I'll pick him blindly over Top 5 GOATs.

Why?

Shaq "GUARANTEED" multiple titles. Others, I'm not too sure about.
Partially agree with you but I think Kareem's legendary success at UCLA would get him some votes over Shaq on draft night.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:12 PM   #15
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

I would pick Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: