Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-21-2013, 09:41 AM   #1
Nick Young
Banned

Default Hawks vs Pacers-the most unanticipated playoff series ever?

Does anyone care about these two eastern conference nobodies?
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:13 AM   #2
Dro
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Hawks vs Pacers-the most unanticipated playoff series ever?

I assume people who are fans of the NBA and not just casual/dickriders of superstars and big city teams...Or fans of the Pacers and Hawks...Game sold out in Indiana which is a big deal given their attendance woes, so yes people care but feel free to go on with your agenda....
Dro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:16 AM   #3
maybeshewill13
How I feel in ur head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dro
I assume people who are fans of the NBA and not just casual/dickriders of superstars and big city teams...Or fans of the Pacers and Hawks...Game sold out in Indiana which is a big deal given their attendance woes, so yes people care but feel free to go on with your agenda....

No one cares about the Hawks.
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:18 AM   #4
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

yes, I care. and I'm somebody and that makes me anybody dammit!
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:27 AM   #5
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Funny how people from all over try to shit on the Hawks, yet every year they create trade scenarios getting Horford/Smith/Teague/Korver and unsuccessfully try to convince us that these crack pot dreams can come true.

I'm going to be honest, they have attendance issues which does take away from some of the entertainment value but they are fun to watch. Their bigs spark fast breaks like no other team in the league. They are fast, fearless, gritty and unselfish. Tons of potential on this team. As much as I like Teague, they are a CP3(I know they could have had him in 2005, we get it already) away from challenging Miami seriously.

I predict that this will be a chippy, physical series with tons of emotion. Just wish that Zaza,Granger and Lou Will could be playing in this.

Both teams can be frustrating to watch at times, but they also have their outstanding moments. Expect some posterizations, technicals, clutch 3's, great D and players going into beast mode.
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:30 AM   #6
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Tyler Hansbrough and Ivan Johnson are the most ebony and ivory twins in NBA history.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:45 AM   #7
Clutch
7-time NBA All-Star

Well,I somewhat care about the series because if the Knicks get past Boston they will play against the winner of the Pacers-Hawks series.

I'll watch the game today only because it's in afternoon in my country (usually games are late at night) and I'll probably watch games 6 and 7 if it gets there.

Both Pacers and Hawks are pretty boring to watch IMO so I'm not watching it unless it's a close series.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:47 AM   #8
Zodiac
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2McFly
Funny how people from all over try to shit on the Hawks, yet every year they create trade scenarios getting Horford/Smith/Teague/Korver and unsuccessfully try to convince us that these crack pot dreams can come true.

I'm going to be honest, they have attendance issues which does take away from some of the entertainment value but they are fun to watch. Their bigs spark fast breaks like no other team in the league. They are fast, fearless, gritty and unselfish. Tons of potential on this team. As much as I like Teague, they are a CP3(I know they could have had him in 2005, we get it already) away from challenging Miami seriously.

I predict that this will be a chippy, physical series with tons of emotion. Just wish that Zaza,Granger and Lou Will could be playing in this.

Both teams can be frustrating to watch at times, but they also have their outstanding moments. Expect some posterizations, technicals, clutch 3's, great D and players going into beast mode.

The problem with this team has always been the attitude of the leaders. Joe Johnson was lazy and selfish, Josh is the same way.

Amazing we got one of those jackasses off the team and we are just as good.

I honestly can't wait for the day Josh is out of Atlanta, the culture of this team can only improve as we get rid of the cancer on the team.

Get rid of Josh, trade Lou and get a real 5 FFS. Corey Brewer would be nice as well
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:48 AM   #9
It's A VC3!!!
NBA rookie of the year

You won't have non-fans of either team really tuning in to watch this game. Given the Pacers drop-off in performance, I don't know which team will come out victorious. The most unanticipated series is the Thunder and Rockets game followed by the Heat and Bucks game.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:54 AM   #10
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

I understand it won't fill up a thread the way Knicks/Celtics will or whatever, and that's fine, but members of an NBA message board acting like they don't give a shit about ANY playoff game is just dumb. If you're a big enough NBA fan that you have an account on an NBA message board then you're more than likely watching a playoff game at 1 in the afternoon on a Sunday.

Make sure you watch David West punk Josh Smith all afternoon, assuming that's the lineup ATL goes with.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:42 PM   #11
Duncan21formvp
Good college starter

Indiana vs Orlando was worse last year with no Dwight.
Duncan21formvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:46 PM   #12
Shepseskaf
Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
The most unanticipated series is the Thunder
Fail. A lot of people want to see how Harden does against his old team. How many thread did we see this season that called Presti an idiot for letting Harden go? Now, in this series, some of those questions will be answered.

Not to mention, this is Lin's first exposure to playoff intensity. How will he and the rest of the young Rockets react?

Plenty of intrigue there.
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:48 PM   #13
Richesly
Atlanta Hawk Fan

Hawks always sell out in the playoffs, so really, what are you talking about?

Does anyone expect Lakers to get pass the first round!? HAHAHA!!!!1

Richesly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:57 PM   #14
Iceberg Slim
KID CLUTCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
Does anyone care about these two eastern conference nobodies?

its a good series. Atlanta will try to get out and run and have some success. I think it goes all 7 games.
Iceberg Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:02 PM   #15
It's A VC3!!!
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
Fail. A lot of people want to see how Harden does against his old team. How many thread did we see this season that called Presti an idiot for letting Harden go? Now, in this series, some of those questions will be answered.

Not to mention, this is Lin's first exposure to playoff intensity. How will he and the rest of the young Rockets react?

Plenty of intrigue there.
Its going to be over in five games. Potentially even in four. Its not like Harden is returning with a big bad team capable of knocking out the Thunder. The story line will still be there since he's returning but it will be very weak considering his team has no chance.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: