Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-21-2013, 07:26 PM   #1
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Why don't knicks fans / other teams wear matching colors for playoffs?

I'm not sure if this is a ritual type of shit that owners and management does for teams like OKC, MIA, BK, etc, to wear matching colors for their home team. Do they pay extra for the shirt or what? I'm watching MIA right now and again the fans are wearing what seems to be white MIA T-Shirts. Are they offering them for free, or do they warn them to bring a white T-Shirt to the game?

I wish the Knicks would do this shit. We lately started making the playoffs and it'll be sweet to have an all orange or blue arena full of people. OKC by far looks crazy as fck.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:30 PM   #2
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

iDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Why don't knicks fans / other teams wear matching colors for playoffs?

It gets old, I'm glad they don't.
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:34 PM   #3
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Why don't knicks fans / other teams wear matching colors for playoffs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDunk
It got old for you? Second time in the playoffs in the last decade and it's already old?
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:34 PM   #4
Knicksfever2010
Decent college freshman

Knicksfever2010 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKnicksfever2010 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

NY doesnt need to be fake, and we're too cool for that anyway. NYC is all about individuality and not conforming.
Knicksfever2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:40 PM   #5
Element
It's ugly ass B.Walton

Element has decent reputation

Lakers and Knicks are simply to cool for this sh.it

You wouldn't see anything with the dark lighting at MSG/Staples anyway. It'd look really intimidating to Road teams though
Element is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:41 PM   #6
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Because it's not necessary and it's not part of our sports culture. Forcing it is silly, if it's part of your culture (or if you are trying to build an attachment like the Nets are) then it's ok but if it's not why force it?

Knick crowd was sick. So was Nuggets. Neither crowd was handed t-shirts to wear.

BTW, i can't stand teams wearing alt's in the playoffs, this is the time we wear alt jerseys? Game 1 of playoffs?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:43 PM   #7
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko

Knick crowd was sick. So was Nuggets. Neither crowd was handed t-shirts to wear.

The shirts don't make the crowd. However, it looks sick seeing an entire crowd of 20,000 all in one color jumping up and down. You have 82 games of fans in different color clothes. A playoff series or two should be unique and not the same as the regular season in my opinion. But yes, the Knicks and Nuggets were loud and without shirts.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:08 PM   #8
red1
Dinosaurs

red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010
NY doesnt need to be fake, and we're too cool for that anyway. NYC is all about individuality and not conforming.
apparently nyc is also about being corny
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:23 PM   #9
DaSeba5
Heat|Dolphins|Marlins

DaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDunk

No it doesn't. Miami's white hot gimmick for the playoffs is really cool. It's cool to see a sea of white, or whatever color your team has.
DaSeba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:36 PM   #10
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
The shirts don't make the crowd. However, it looks sick seeing an entire crowd of 20,000 all in one color jumping up and down. You have 82 games of fans in different color clothes. A playoff series or two should be unique and not the same as the regular season in my opinion. But yes, the Knicks and Nuggets were loud and without shirts.

If you need a t-shirt to indicate a difference in how the crowd should react you don't have that good a crowd.

Question: Why do the Nets darken the arena so much on TV? It's not empty most games (except at very top) and it looks bad, the middle deck is much more lively at the games i've been at, the lower bowl is very corporate and sits on their hand, the middle deck is rocking, and on TV it's blacked out.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:49 PM   #11
Rose'sACL
Good college starter

Rose'sACL is starting to rub some people the wrong wayRose'sACL is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
apparently nyc is also about being corny
it is not their fault. Most sports fans think that being corny is how you get respect as a sports fan. They have watched too much ESPN and follow too many athletes and movie stars on twitter. All my friends were laughing after reading that Facebook rant by kobe in which he wrote "anger is rage". I came here and i saw people actually liking it.
Rose'sACL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:59 PM   #12
gin17
High School JV MVP

gin17 has an OK reputation so far

the tshirts are being given for free. but for new york and LA, being businessmen, why would you want to incur additional costs for your team even if you know people will still buy tickets regardless?
gin17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:03 PM   #13
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
I'm not sure if this is a ritual type of shit that owners and management does for teams like OKC, MIA, BK, etc, to wear matching colors for their home team. Do they pay extra for the shirt or what? I'm watching MIA right now and again the fans are wearing what seems to be white MIA T-Shirts. Are they offering them for free, or do they warn them to bring a white T-Shirt to the game?

I wish the Knicks would do this shit. We lately started making the playoffs and it'll be sweet to have an all orange or blue arena full of people. OKC by far looks crazy as fck.
It started in the NHL with the old Winnipeg Jets, to lazy to look it up but they did the original white out.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:23 PM   #14
theBIGjabroni
Banned

theBIGjabroni has no real reputation yet.

lakers guve out the shirts, no one wears them though
theBIGjabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:43 PM   #15
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Because it's not necessary and it's not part of our sports culture. Forcing it is silly, if it's part of your culture (or if you are trying to build an attachment like the Nets are) then it's ok but if it's not why force it?

BTW, i can't stand teams wearing alt's in the playoffs, this is the time we wear alt jerseys? Game 1 of playoffs?
I guess you've never heard of the New York jets.
NumberSix is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: