Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    #Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Default Re: lettuce be reality, this is the first time anyone's actually watched Dwight play

I've said this before but this whole Dwight is not 100% is a joke, other than DJ and Magee there is not a more explosive C and hes still stronger than both and 99% of the other C's in the L. Even if hes not 100% hes more atheltic than just about any centre in the NBA. If he has to literally be head and shoulders above everyone athletically to dominate than imo hes not that great in the first place.

If the injury limited his mins than yeah ok,but hes playing 35mins per game which is still more than just about any other centre. You can't use the excuse its cause hes not 100% if hes still more athletically capable than any other big man.

Default Re: lettuce be reality, this is the first time anyone's actually watched Dwight play

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    I've said this before but this whole Dwight is not 100% is a joke, other than DJ and Magee there is not a more explosive C and hes still stronger than both and 99% of the other C's in the L. Even if hes not 100% hes more atheltic than just about any centre in the NBA. If he has to literally be head and shoulders above everyone athletically to dominate than imo hes not that great in the first place.

If the injury limited his mins than yeah ok,but hes playing 35mins per game which is still more than just about any other centre. You can't use the excuse its cause hes not 100% if hes still more athletically capable than any other big man.
    Being athletically capble doesn't translate to being a better player. Because diffrent players depend on their athletism in very different ways. With Dwight, every part of his game depends on him being able to physically dominate in the paint. On the other hand a guy like Z-Bo is no where near as athletic yet is dominanting on the boards at a higher ate than Dwight. Yes Dwight may be more athletic, but a lot of the bigs in the leauge don't depend on athletism anywhere near as much as Dwight including; Duncan, Marc Gasol, Z-Bo, Noah, Lopez, Love, Jefferson and so forth.

So yes he's more athletic than those guys even with the injury. But because he depends so much on his athletisism, since he's not 100% physically it shows in his game, with his inabilty to dominant strong C's like he did in Orlando. He's not finishing strong off pick and rolls, he's not dominating good C's on the boards, he's going up soft on putback and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Purch
    No, that's not there only problem. There problem is they don't have a balence between perimiter and post player. However, even in the games when they made a strong effort to force feed he physically does not have the abilty to dominate the game like he did in Orlando.

You do understanding you're stating a Dwight Howard who hasn't demonstrted that he's close to 85%, would put up Prime Shaq numbers if he were on the Nets.

I don't think you've watched Laker games this season. I don't like the Lakers but it's unrealitic to blame them for Dwight now putting up 25 a game, he's physically not there, and his post game has regressed.
    I still see Dwight getting 31/16 games every now and then, dude is capable of consistently putting up these numbers but he doesnt always get touches. Imagine a Dwight-Deron combo, the former can average 25/15 and the latter is easily 22/11. Well with Joe Johnson Deron may end up with 18/12 instead.

Oh btw you are a Deron homer, so why not root for the Nets?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    I still see Dwight getting 31/16 games every now and then, dude is capable of consistently putting up these numbers but he doesnt always get touches. Imagine a Dwight-Deron combo, the former can average 25/15 and the latter is easily 22/11. Well with Joe Johnson Deron may end up with 18/12 instead.

Oh btw you are a Deron homer, so why not root for the Nets?
    Because I'm a Jazz fan first, a Nba fan second and a player fan third?

Dwight's strongest games this season have been against extremly weak frontcourts. When he's not catching the ball and is forced to play with his back to the basket, he's not able to dominate like he did in Orlando. I understand that he's not getting the same looks he got in Orlando, but you can't expect him to put up numbers that he's not physically capable of doing at this point in his recovery. In fact those numbers are unrealistic for a healthy Dwight

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Being athletically capble doesn't translate to being a better player. Because diffrent players depend on their athletism in very different ways. With Dwight, every part of his game depends on him being able to physically dominate in the paint. On the other hand a guy like Z-Bo is no where near as athletic yet is dominanting on the boards at a higher ate than Dwight. Yes Dwight may be more athletic, but a lot of the bigs in the leauge don't depend on athletism anywhere near as much as Dwight including; Duncan, Marc Gasol, Z-Bo, Noah, Lopez, Love, Jefferson and so forth.

So yes he's more athletic than those guys even with the injury. But because he depends so much on his athletisism, since he's not 100% physically it shows in his game, with his inabilty to dominant strong C's like he did in Orlando. He's not finishing strong off pick and rolls, he's not dominating good C's on the boards, he's going up soft on putback and so on.
    You make great points but still imo its like saying Usain Bolt is the fastest man in the world, he gets a injury runs slower but is still quicker than everyone else, its not a excuse for his lack of overall game in partiucular his IQ, passing and post game this season. My point is him not being 100% is not the biggest reason why he and the Lakers are failing badly since he can still dominate using just his athletic ability. I guess we just have different point of view and I respect your opinion you did make some nice comments.
    Last edited by andremiller07; 01-22-2013 at 09:36 AM.

Because I'm a Jazz fan first, a Nba fan second and a player fan third?

Dwight's strongest games this season have been against extremly weak frontcourts. When he's not catching the ball and is forced to play with his back to the basket, he's not able to dominate like he did in Orlando. I understand that he's not getting the same looks he got in Orlando, but you can't expect him to put up numbers that he's not physically capable of doing at this point in his recovery. In fact those numbers are unrealistic for a healthy Dwight
    I see, that makes sense. I am a Nets fan first, so I understand what you are saying.

Actually pretty much the entire league has weak front courts, Dwight can easily put up these big numbers nowadays if used properly. This is no longer the era in which we had dominant centers such as Kareem, Hakeem, Robinson, Ewing and Shaq.

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    You make great points but still imo its like saying Usain Bolt is the fastest man in the world, he gets a injury runs slower but is still quicker than everyone else, its not a excuse for his lack of overall game in partiucular his IQ, passing and post game this season. My point is him not being 100% is not the biggest reason why he and the Lakers are failing badly. I guess we just have different point of view and I respect your opinion you did make some nice comments.
    Well yea, and that's why analyst like Charles always state that players need to develop their skills, so they can still dominante when their athletisism starts to fade. Dwight's lucky that he's recovering, because his lack of abilty to dominante, without just overpowering people is in fully disaplay. It's kind of the reason why D-Wade isn't the same force now that he's not as athletic, because unlike a guy like Kobe,he didn't develop his other skills to deal with not being able to athleticly dominate every defender.

O and I agree that that's not the only reason they're failing. I was just responding to the notion that current Dwight could put up Prime Shaq numbers, if he was on the nets
    Last edited by Purch; 01-22-2013 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    I see, that makes sense. I am a Nets fan first, so I understand what you are saying.

Actually pretty much the entire league has weak front courts, Dwight can easily put up these big numbers nowadays if used properly. This is no longer the era in which we had dominant centers such as Kareem, Hakeem, Robinson, Ewing and Shaq.
    There's a difference, even though the bigs aren't as big as they were back in the day, they make up for it in other ways. Like last night, you saw Noah force Dwight out of position, use his hands to make it difficult for Dwight to work inside, and outwork him even though he's not as athleticlly gifted as Dwight.

I think most people watched him play in the Finals

He's playing like shit. His back is clearly bad, but his attitude is worse. D'Antoni is failing in delegating offensive responsibilities, correctly (Nash, Pau), Kobe is working harder on offense now than he was earlier in the year...and Nash is on the team...that makes little sense.

Defensively, Dwight Howard is, unquestionably, the best player in the league. His back is bugging him and that means something. It doesn't matter that he's still stronger than almost every center and more athletic than just about every center, even with the injury...the fact is that he's not functioning with the injury in mind. He's not an older guy adjusting to a loss in athleticism. He's relatively limited in what he can do right now and he hasn't adjusted.

Do people think that when the most athletic lose some athleticism that they're suddenly not more athletic than most? Think.

But he is not integrating himself well, at all. He came in with a chip on his shoulder that I never saw from him before. The second he said it's "Our team", when it was so clearly a reaction and in response to Kobe...it made it clear. And I don't think it's anything but obvious that the two are not combining well...at all. I honestly can see how he might not want to be here, due to wanting the team right now. Kobe will be Kobe and it doesn't matter that he was playing like a monster for most of the season...especially early. He wasn't shooting much at all, was insanely efficient...and Howard just did not look like he wanted to be involved, offensively. Kobe was involving him. He was averaging 19 turnovers a game. He was just not playing well and he wasn't really trying to play well.

BTW...I'd honestly be cool with trading BOTH. Pau Gasol shows all this aggression when it comes to being on the bench and not wanting to be, and not wanting to start being a role player. But like Webber said, show it on the floor. We both like hearing it but neither of us is impressed with how he's bringing it. And that's his own fault. I'd honestly be down with trading BOTH.
    Last edited by Whoah10115; 01-22-2013 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY

Dude was a cancer from Day 1.

I don't know why this is a surprise to anyone. He's always been big headed, thinking he is better than what he is. He's a clown who dances on the sideline. He was treated like a spoiled child in Orlando. Now he is getting a wake up call. It's too bad LA doesn't have a real coach to put him in his place. No one respects D'Antoni.

Very good NBA starter

somebody said in another thread , "it's hard to tell where his poor health ends and his unmotivated play begins"

I completely agree.

Athletically, he's looked better than he did around November and pre-season. But he looks uninvolved, on both ends. Looks like he's not even a part of the team. Invisible at times.

By default, Dwight was the best big man in the league (crappy era for bigs), but so much of his game relied on athleticism and being stronger. His fundamentals and decision making are pure crap. The would be an entirely different discussion if the guy just had... a jump shot (!) ... but he doesn't.

Even if he wasn't recovering, anybody who's watched him can tell you he's already turnover prone, foul prone, and privy to goaltending the ball more than anybody in the league.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

After the game he (Dwight) brought a stat sheet around the locker room to show some teammates and reporters how he got only five field-goal attempts ... a few minutes before the demoted Gasol spoke gracefully across the room about "not pointing fingers, owning up to our responsibilities, wanting to get out of this and having the pride necessary that it takes to utilize our talents and go beat the opponent – no matter who it is, no matter where we are."
    Despite Kobe Bryant shooting at a career-high level, Howard has mocked Bryant's shooting stats behind his back when he hasn't shot well, leaving Lakers teammates feeling awfully uncomfortable.
    http://www.ocregister.com/sports/how...kers-team.html

this guy is straight bitchmade. jealousy and passive aggressiveness are feminine traits and this guy be exihibiting them like a bitch in heat
    Last edited by STATUTORY; 01-22-2013 at 11:51 AM.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY

this guy is straight bitchmade. jealousy and passive aggressiveness are feminine traits and this guy be exihibiting them like a bitch in heat
    both Kobe and Howard are bitchmade...

got links for those quotes?

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

The fact is, he's playing like a bitch right now. He brings the ball down every time he gets it, gets stripped, he gets beat on defense, commits stupid fouls every game, he shows no intensity, what the f@#k? You can only blame the system so long. He needs to start playing like a man.