Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-21-2013, 11:37 AM   #1
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected poster
Default So... Do Seattle Fans Root For The Kings?

Hey, Seattle fans. Do you now root for the Kings the rest of the season or do you hope for them to fail in order to get better draft picks?
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #2
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: So... Do Seattle Fans Root For The Kings?

I would like to think they want that draft pick.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:45 AM   #3
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Do the Queens do anything but fail? They couldn't even keep their damn team from moving.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:06 PM   #4
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

First off as a NBA I never root for a team to fail just so that they get a higher draft pick. It is disrespectful to the game that I love. Secondly as a Sonics fan, who is happy that we are getting the Sonics back in the NBA, I am rooting for the Kings to have a successful season. I want them to finish strong. It laids the foundation for a positive season next year. So it is official, we are getting the Sonics back!!!!!
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:13 PM   #5
rodman91
Bulls

rodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputation

Does Kemp & Payton history belong to OKC now or what?
rodman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:25 PM   #6
QuebecBaller
Next Great White Hope

QuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodman91

Payton:
Quote:
"I sure don't want to get my jersey retired in Oklahoma City," he said. "I don't think that would work for me. That ain't where I played. Oklahoma City fans didn't get to really, really see me. They saw me on TV, but that was it.

"My fans are here in Seattle. It would be nice for me to come back and raise my jersey in Seattle here and let everybody appreciate it and my family can appreciate it."

http://www.aolnews.com/2008/04/14/ga...oklahoma-city/
QuebecBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:28 PM   #7
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Killbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'd rather they win because it makes players have higher trade value and Sonics can use that to get better pieces (hopefully). There are so many problems with this roster.
Killbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:37 PM   #8
Haymaker
College superstar

Haymaker is considered somewhat coolHaymaker is considered somewhat coolHaymaker is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

What happened was simple. The Kings players contracts were bought and now they will play in Seattle. Kemp and Payton will now get their jerseys retired when the team change locations.
Haymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:44 PM   #9
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:

my biggest concern is this.

another concern is the team history for 2 teams are going to be effected.

First the Sonics. Does OKC keep it, it reverts back to Seattle?

Second is the Kings. They don't have rings but they were contenders with Oscar Robertson and those teams then the Tiny Archibald Team, then Mitch Richmonds. and then the early 2000's Kings who were extremely fun.

If Seattle history stays in Seattle. Then Kings history gets left out in the dust. If Seattle takes the Kings history, then we essentially have 2 sets of Seattle history. Crazy weird.

A good poster (can't remember who) likened it to Baltimore Ravens/Cleveland Browns. When Baltimore became the Ravens, they took Cleveland history to Baltimore. When Cleveland came back into the League, Baltimore history essentially began from the time they went to Baltimore and Cleveland took their Browns history back.

But that was essentially one established team, and an expansion franchise in the NFL. These are 2 legit NBA franchises with deep history.
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:47 PM   #10
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here

I'm not sure Sac town will EVER get their franchise back, so Seattle should just include its history. Win-win for both sides.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:53 PM   #11
hon hon hon eat snails

9512 has decent reputation9512 has decent reputation

Before I can actually care about the current team called the "Kings."

They must already have a schedule officially released with home games played in Seattle.

Then I can answer this question better. so I guess wait until fall of 2013.
9512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:01 PM   #12
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Will they be the Seattle Kings or the Seattle Sonics again?
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:04 PM   #13
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
Will they be the Seattle Kings or the Seattle Sonics again?

Probably Sonics. The Seattle based group knows that the team will generate more money as "Sonics," and they may have been fans themselves.

I'm wondering what happens to the Rochester Royals championship banner. Does it go to Seattle and Seattle adds it to their own? Does the Rochester banner go back to Rochester or stay in Sacramento? Does it just get forgotten completely?
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:08 PM   #14
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Killbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Probably Sonics. The Seattle based group knows that the team will generate more money as "Sonics," and they may have been fans themselves.

I'm wondering what happens to the Rochester Royals championship banner. Does it go to Seattle and Seattle adds it to their own? Does the Rochester banner go back to Rochester or stay in Sacramento? Does it just get forgotten completely?

My guess is that the banner stays with Sacramento for now until they claim a new team and claim that history.
Killbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:19 PM   #15
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killbot
My guess is that the banner stays with Sacramento for now until they claim a new team and claim that history.

Probably, but do the Sacramento fans really even care about that banner? It wasn't won in their city, and the franchise that earned it has moved on. I would think that you'd only care if at least one of those 2 things were true.

Keeping Sacramento's division banners would make sense though (assuming they have some, I'm not sure).
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: