Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-20-2013, 06:07 AM   #31
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Flacco deserves something close to max dollars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
You make it sound like he's Tony Romo epic fail after epic fail in big games. Here's the truth of the matter, he's only been in the league five seasons, all five seasons he's made the playoffs.

He's had a topnotch defense that just doesn't give up many points until this season. It's not just the defense, but he's also had a nice running game, too. He's had a good OL that gives him all day to throw in some games, but he's not good at avoiding sacks.

Quote:
He's a winning quarterback. Winner is big games, big moments, etc. Maybe he's just one lucky as hell son of a bit*h, IDK anymore.

If he's such a big winner, then why no SB appearances?

Quote:
but he's better and more consistent that Eli and IMO > Big Ben.

But, he's not that consistent. I'm not yet convinced by him and I'm certainly not ready to put him ahead of Eli and Ben.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:55 AM   #32
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:
What do you mean how do I know? Look at the success of the Ravens since he's been under center. Like I keep admitting, give the defense the majority of the credit, and their true offensive powerhouse is Ray Rice, but you don't just win that many post season games, make two AFC title games in less than five years, etc without being a damn good football player, who finds ways to "win" - that's how we know.

Would Flacco be less successful on another team? Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe he'd be better (I'm not saying probable, just possible; he plays for the Ravens, and not another team so there's no point in even trying to discuss that. Let's just judge him for what he's done in Baltimore).

You keep talking about stats... like total TD, total yards, QBR, but any head coach, GM or owner doesn't really care about all that bullshit if you're winning games. Winning is what matters, but nerds like you swear by stats and seemingly ignore the bottom line, which is wins... not "OMG, Flacco will never have a 5k yard season; he'll never throw 35 TDs, he's just not any good!"

You talked about Flacco being the "good" and "bad" version... and yeah well, you can sure as hell make that argument for the inconsistent Eli Manning, and to a lesser extent, Big Ben. Let's not pretend Flacco is the only enigmatic QB out there.

In one of his playoff wins he completed 9 out of 3 balls for 135 yards. And he won. On the Road.

He completed 4 balls for 34 yards and tossed an int against NE Pats and still won. ON THE ROAD.

You sure do give a lot of credit to Flacco, calling him a "winner," yet he hasn't even made the superbowl, much less win a superbowl.

How does that work again? Winners find a way to win, your words not mine...so why then, has he ended each year of his career with a loss and not a superbowl victory? How can he outplay Tom Brady last year, some would say severely outplaying him....yet he lost.

Could it be.....there are 51 other active players and numerous coaches that contribute heavily to wins and loses? Noooo, that couldn't be it. Joe is a winner! He finds a way to win....yet has no titles.

BTW, I never said there wasn't a good and bad Eli, but you're the one saying Flacco "is better and more consistent," which is just patently false.

Big Ben is way more consistent than both.

Get your facts straight.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:24 AM   #33
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This is just a simple case of someone ranking QBs by looking at nothing more than wins and loses and ignoring the other 52 players on the teams.

Sadly, there are many like Josh

It's a good thing NE is going to crush BAL today or we would have a bunch of people claiming Flacco is better than Brady
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:58 AM   #34
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've defended Flacco but he's nowhere near Eli or Ben. I watch almost all the Ravens game and I'll say right now that he makes Eli look like a consistently great QB. You never know what you're gonna get from him. Ben? He's the best of the 3 IMO
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:26 PM   #35
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
In one of his playoff wins he completed 9 out of 3 balls for 135 yards. And he won. On the Road.

He completed 4 balls for 34 yards and tossed an int against NE Pats and still won. ON THE ROAD.

You sure do give a lot of credit to Flacco, calling him a "winner," yet he hasn't even made the superbowl, much less win a superbowl.

How does that work again? Winners find a way to win, your words not mine...so why then, has he ended each year of his career with a loss and not a superbowl victory? How can he outplay Tom Brady last year, some would say severely outplaying him....yet he lost.

Could it be.....there are 51 other active players and numerous coaches that contribute heavily to wins and loses? Noooo, that couldn't be it. Joe is a winner! He finds a way to win....yet has no titles.

BTW, I never said there wasn't a good and bad Eli, but you're the one saying Flacco "is better and more consistent," which is just patently false.

Big Ben is way more consistent than both.

Get your facts straight.

You keep asking the question why hasn't he won or even made a SuperBowl. He's only been in the league five seasons. However. he's always made the playoffs and every season his team wins at least one playoff game. Winning the SuperBowl is obviously most ideal and every team's ultimate goal, but you take a QB who's only been in the league five seasons and already has 7 playoff wins and two conference title games... realistically, any coach/owner/team would be happy with that and think it's one hell of an accomplishment.

You pretend like every team wins 100% of the time and the Ravens come up short. Your logic comes up short.

Hey wise guy, how many seasons did it take Peyton to reach a SuperBowl, huh? Answer me that. Oops, that simple reality just derailed your entire stance/logic/arguments in this thread. You pretty much have been owning yourself since we all know how high you hold Peyton (and rightfully so, he's one of the all-time greats, and yes I know Flacco will probably never get a whiff of any of that individual legendary status, but it's quite possible he'll win more SuperBowls they your boy Peyton.

All that's OK though, because throwing 5k a season, 35 TD and QBR of 95+ all > # of SB wins.

Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:32 PM   #36
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Flacco is being reported to get around 17 million per year on his next contract.

Brees got 20 million, for comparison.

Peyton 19 million per year with lots of health kickers included in contract.

Brady 18 million per year, signed in 2010.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:41 PM   #37
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Flacco is being reported to get around 17 million per year on his next contract.

Brees got 20 million, for comparison.

Peyton 19 million per year with lots of health kickers included in contract.

Brady 18 million per year, signed in 2010.

I think 17 is fair. Flacco isn't in the class of QB's you mentioned, even though I personally feel Brees is overrated (not by much) like you feel Flacco is overrated.

Let me ask you this. Who do you feel should be paid more; Michael Vick or Joe Flacco?
Old 01-20-2013, 06:41 PM   #38
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ben won 2 rings within his first 5 seasons...
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:48 PM   #39
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
I think 17 is fair. Flacco isn't in the class of QB's you mentioned, even though I personally feel Brees is overrated (not by much) like you feel Flacco is overrated.

Let me ask you this. Who do you feel should be paid more; Michael Vick or Joe Flacco?

Obviously Flacco.

Younger, much more durable and probably better.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:25 PM   #40
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Flacco $17mil as he overthrows guys? Solid.

-sarcasm
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:27 PM   #41
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Too inconsistent.
irondarts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:26 PM   #42
2010splash
Now a Cavs fan again

2010splash has a bad reputation2010splash has a bad reputation2010splash has a bad reputation

Flacco is a mediocre quarterback benefiting from the NFL's one and done playoff format that leads to those occasional years where you have two scrub quarterbacks in Super Bowl. It's one of those Trent Dilfer/Brad Johnson winning the Super Bowl as a fluke years.

Flacco will go back to being nothing next year and so will the Ravens. Fully expect the Broncos/Packers/Patriots/Saints to be back on top next year.
2010splash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:28 PM   #43
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010splash
Flacco is a mediocre quarterback benefiting from the NFL's one and done playoff format that leads to those occasional years where you have two scrub quarterbacks in Super Bowl. It's one of those Trent Dilfer/Brad Johnson winning the Super Bowl as a fluke years.

Flacco will go back to being nothing next year and so will the Ravens. Fully expect the Broncos/Packers/Patriots/Saints to be back on top next year.

This is not accurate either.

Flacco is neither a mediocore quarterback or playing a Dilfer role.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:38 PM   #44
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Well, damn, I thought I might have been too harsh on Flacco, but this guy just took a shit on him.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:44 PM   #45
Legend of Josh
Banned

It's my opinion that many of you are frequent online betting junkies when it comes to the NFL, most notably, NFL playoffs, and you got burned by Flacco/Ravens in both Mile High and Foxboro.

Hell, I'll even say I questioned Baltimore's chances of getting out of the first round, much less now making the SB. They're getting hot at the right time, and have already beat IMO the (were, but no longer, Ravens obviously are) two best teams.

If Baltimore can beat Peyton and a Denver team that won what, ten straight? A New England team that doesn't lose in the post season, especially at home... yeah, I think they can spank a San Fran team that has a rookie QB and a situation where the younger brother is more emotional, but not the better man.

Ravens 24
49ers 17
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: