Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-17-2013, 10:00 PM   #1
SacJB Shady
College superstar

SacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputation
Default Scott Howard Cooper says it will be a close call for Lee

THE FRONTCOURT
Now we’re talking debate. (And now we’re also talking a little strange to have a year without Dirk Nowitzki, Pau Gasol or Kevin Love.)

Randolph (16.4 points, 11.6 rebounds) and Lee (19.7, 10.9) are double-double power forwards for teams in or pushing for the top half of the playoff race. Gasol (13.2 points and 7.4 rebounds) and Serge Ibaka (14, 8.3) can’t keep up statistically, but defense is a major reason their teams are winning at a brisk pace. Tim Duncan, usually a popular pick for coaches in years he is not voted a starter by fans, is at 17.1 points and 9.6 rebounds in just 30.1 minutes. LaMarcus Aldridge has helped push the Trail Blazers into playoff contention ahead of schedule. Kenneth Faried and Al Jefferson may get support.

My picks: Randolph, Duncan and Lee. Randolph likely breezes in. It would be a surprise if Duncan does not make it to Houston, either this way or via the wild card, but it will be interesting to see if Duncan and Parker split votes among coaches around the West for San Antonio representation. The Spurs could get both and deserve both, but some voters may prefer to get more teams involved rather than have two subs from the same team. Lee could be a close call to make it.

THE WILD CARDS

Two players chosen by coaches regardless of position. Some voters may be weighing the other picks — starters and their previous selections by position — and some may simply go for most deserving and not care if the roster is guard-heavy. But everyone mentioned above but not added specifically as frontcourt or guard will be a candidate here.
My picks: Parker and Curry. Parker for sure. If some coaches are debating whether to pick one from Golden State’s Lee-Curry option, Curry deserves a slight edge. The position breakdown could make that moot, though.
SacJB Shady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:15 PM   #2
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Scott Howard Cooper says it will be a close call for Lee

You can relax because this idiot fails to realize that Tim Duncan plays CENTER.

Marc Gasol is going to have a tough time making it. His stats aren't as good as he is and people are deluded into thinking Randolph has been better. Hopefully, Howard takes the week off and Gasol makes it.

I don't know if LMA makes it.

C: Dwight Howard, Tim Duncan (Marc Gasol)
PF: Blake Griffin, David Lee, Zach Randolph (LaMarcus Aldridge)
SF: Kevin Durant
SG: Kobe Bryant, James Harden
PG: Chris Paul, Tony Parker, Russell Westbrook

I feel like Curry will make it and not play, therefore getting the selection and then someone else replaces him. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Lee gets in that way...and that wouldn't be a slight on Lee but just a way to credit to Curry, if he's out for a while.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:35 PM   #3
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Scott Howard Cooper says it will be a close call for Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
You can relax because this idiot fails to realize that Tim Duncan plays CENTER.

Marc Gasol is going to have a tough time making it. His stats aren't as good as he is and people are deluded into thinking Randolph has been better. Hopefully, Howard takes the week off and Gasol makes it.

I don't know if LMA makes it.

C: Dwight Howard, Tim Duncan (Marc Gasol)
PF: Blake Griffin, David Lee, Zach Randolph (LaMarcus Aldridge)
SF: Kevin Durant
SG: Kobe Bryant, James Harden
PG: Chris Paul, Tony Parker, Russell Westbrook

I feel like Curry will make it and not play, therefore getting the selection and then someone else replaces him. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Lee gets in that way...and that wouldn't be a slight on Lee but just a way to credit to Curry, if he's out for a while.
I belive your the idiot. They got rid of the Center position in the NBA All star game,
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: