Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 01-16-2013, 07:00 AM   #1
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here
Default How great is it that the Nets kept the team name after moving to Brooklyn?

Many teams have been trying to establish new identity, the Thunder, Hornets/Pelicans and now the Kings if they move to Seattle.

I am not sure when this trend got started, but I am glad the Nets remain as Nets despite moving from NJ to Brooklyn. Oh yeah, the original team was called New York Nets anyway, so the team name fits pretty well, unlike New Orleans which clearly does not have Hornets.

I dunno how you think, but for me I am grateful that the team is still called Nets. I've been a nets fan for more than 10 years, the only possible reason I may not be a Nets fan anymore is that the team no longer exists. If the team gets a different and weird name, it will be difficult for me to accept that. Sure I may keep supporting the team, but it feels weird if its not the Nets.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:26 AM   #2
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: How great is it that the Nets kept the team name after moving to Brooklyn?

It's awesome. If the Nets had changed names, it wouldn't be as enjoyable for me. I don't know if I'd get attached to them again. But they're the Nets, and it's amazing.
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:55 PM   #3
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: How great is it that the Nets kept the team name after moving to Brooklyn?

well said, and bravo to you guys.

re: the question,
teams have probably been changing names since pretty much the beginning. did you know that during WWII or thereabouts the philadelphia eagles and the pittsburgh steelers merged for a while and they called the result the "steagles"?

anyway, yea... i think it's awesome and respectful that they kept the name. i feel bad for all the long-time jersey folks who stuck with the team through thick and thin, and now have to deal with NYC gobbling up their team so to speak. but keeping the "nets" name was the right move as a small nod of appreciation to such folks.

also pretty dang cool that they made it "brooklyn" instead of NY. so much more identity and uniqueness that way...
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:12 PM   #4
alwaysunny
in Brooklyn

alwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Question for you guys: how do you feel about the brooklyn chant? If youre at the game would you chant along?
alwaysunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:01 AM   #5
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysunny
Question for you guys: how do you feel about the brooklyn chant? If youre at the game would you chant along?
At first it wasn't appealing to me but its grown on me. Both games I went to this season, I've joined in on the chant at key moments of the game. I'm glad we have a unique chant though.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: