Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-12-2013, 08:33 AM   #16
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation
Default Re: Where are all these Perkins hate coming from?

I dont get the hate either. Statistically he's not that great, but his impact on the game can definitely be felt. He sets great screens, provides the inside toughness, guards every big 1 on 1, and makes terrific fouls.

These things are so underrated in helping a team win. Teammates have never complained about him as well so he's obviously a positive for the team.

He's overpaid and thats about it. He's a solid starting center who does the things he needs to do for the team; nothing more, nothing less.
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:38 AM   #17
dbugz
Gang Green

dbugz is considered somewhat cooldbugz is considered somewhat cooldbugz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
I dont get the hate either. Statistically he's not that great, but his impact on the game can definitely be felt. He sets great screens, provides the inside toughness, guards every big 1 on 1, and makes terrific fouls.

These things are so underrated in helping a team win. Teammates have never complained about him as well so he's obviously a positive for the team.

He's overpaid and thats about it. He's a solid starting center who does the things he needs to do for the team; nothing more, nothing less.

Maybe OKC fans are expecting him to score 20+ PPG and get 20 RPG and 10 BPG

If these OKC fans has the problem like what the Lakers fans is having now, I wonder if they committed a suicide already
dbugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:00 PM   #18
Fudge
NBA Legend

Fudge is popular on this boardFudge is popular on this boardFudge is popular on this boardFudge is popular on this boardFudge is popular on this board

Lol at this kid. You want Perkins back? Have him. We'll take Jeff Green back. Rondo and KG enhanced his game and made him more than what he really is in Boston.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:05 PM   #19
shoops
High School JV MVP

shoops has an OK reputation so far

Lol I've heard someone say that Perkins is the main guy coordinating the team defense on the court, shouting and giving heads up to teammates about positioning, screens watnot...dunno lol. He's prob not as useless as thunder fans make him seem
shoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:10 PM   #20
Fudge
NBA Legend

Fudge is popular on this boardFudge is popular on this boardFudge is popular on this boardFudge is popular on this boardFudge is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoops
Lol I've heard someone say that Perkins is the main guy coordinating the team defense on the court, shouting and giving heads up to teammates about positioning, screens watnot...dunno lol. He's prob not as useless as thunder fans make him seem
He's making roughly 9 million a year doing those things you've listed. In reality, Reggie Evans has almost the same presence on the court, probably more. Dude can actually rebound. And he's on the vet min.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:16 PM   #21
shoops
High School JV MVP

shoops has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge
He's making roughly 9 million a year doing those things you've listed. In reality, Reggie Evans has almost the same presence on the court, probably more. Dude can actually rebound. And he's on the vet min.
What I mean is that even though he's overpaid, he probably has more impact than you would think (as it wouldn't be very apparent watching on tv and stuff) and that's prob why he stays.
shoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:26 PM   #22
Fudge
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoops
What I mean is that even though he's overpaid, he probably has more impact than you would think (as it wouldn't be very apparent watching on tv and stuff) and that's prob why he stays.
Meh, I still don't buy into that locker room leadership type stuff.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:27 PM   #23
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbugz
Maybe OKC fans are expecting him to score 20+ PPG and get 20 RPG and 10 BPG
Yes, that's exactly what we're expecting, but only once every 10-15 games. It'd just be nice if he could average a solid 18 PPG, 12 RPG, and 3 BPG.

KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: