Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-12-2013, 07:43 AM   #1
dbugz
Gang Green

dbugz is considered somewhat cooldbugz is considered somewhat cooldbugz is considered somewhat cool
Default Where are all these Perkins hate coming from?

Sorry guys, I haven't watched much OKC games this season but I don't know where all the hates he's getting coming from? Perkins hate are all over the board now. He might been playing bad but it's a bit over exaggeration now especially if your team is doing really really well.

Last I checked they're 28-8 and the league leader now.

I mean seriously? I don't mind our Center giving us empty stat as long as we keep on winning and winning. I just don't get.
dbugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:49 AM   #2
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Where are all these Perkins hate coming from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbugz
Sorry guys, I haven't watched much OKC games this season but I don't know where all the hates he's getting coming from? Perkins hate are all over the board now. He might been playing bad but it's a bit over exaggeration now especially if your team is doing really really well.

I mean seriously? I don't mind our Center giving us empty stat as long as we keep on winning and winning. I just don't get.

They are 28-8 cause of RW,KD,Ibaka and Martin, the hate comes from that fact hes useless on offense and his D is vastly overrated so when hes out there he hurts the team a lot from what I gather.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:54 AM   #3
dbugz
Gang Green

dbugz is considered somewhat cooldbugz is considered somewhat cooldbugz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
They are 28-8 cause of RW,KD,Ibaka and Martin, the hate comes from that fact hes useless on offense and his D is vastly overrated so when hes out there he hurts the team a lot from what I gather.

They have excellent scorers and he's there just to defend and do all the dirty works. His defense and rebounding are overrated but heck if that translates to more winning percentage I don't give a fckn mind if I even play him 48 minutes a game.

WTF is wrong with this thunder fans.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:04 AM   #4
j3lademaster
I get superstar calls

j3lademaster is a pretty well-respected posterj3lademaster is a pretty well-respected posterj3lademaster is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
They have excellent scorers and he's there just to defend and do all the dirty works. His defense and rebounding are overrated but heck if that translates to more winning percentage I don't give a fckn mind if I even play him 48 minutes a game.

WTF is wrong with this thunder fans.

Perkins is complete garbage. He used to at least be a big body to put on the heavy low post scorers to buy time for help to arrive, but since he's lost weight the average center throws him around like a rag doll now. He has zero help d can't move laterally, can't box out, can't read the offense, can't defend the pnr, I can't think of anything he can do on an average level for an nba big.

Okc fans are mad because if they had Kwame instead of Perkins they'd actually improve by like 3 wins, and they have pieces to trade for a big that are rotting away on the bench.
j3lademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:06 AM   #5
iamgine

iamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cool

Is his defense that overrated? I feel that he must at least be good defender and set up good picks. Just a solid role player that is overpaid.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:07 AM   #6
dbugz
Gang Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3lademaster
Perkins is complete garbage. He used to at least be a big body to put on the heavy low post scorers to buy time for help to arrive, but since he's lost weight the average center throws him around like a rag doll now. He has zero help d can't move laterally, can't box out, can't read the offense, can't defend the pnr, I can't think of anything he can do on an average level for an nba big.

And yet they're still the league leader.

OKC fans are acting like they have bigger problems than the Lakers now.

Thunder fans are just exaggerating everything about Perkins now

Again, I don't mind my center having a poor statistic as long as we keep on winning and still on the top of the league.

Last edited by dbugz : 01-12-2013 at 08:11 AM.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:07 AM   #7
PyrrhusX
GOATbrook >>>

PyrrhusX has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Exactly the reason. He is useless out there, a liability. The guy blows so many open layups cos he cant even catch the dam ball.

He sucks.
He blows.
Thunder wont win shit with this guy manning the middle.
PyrrhusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:08 AM   #8
stephanieg
College superstar

stephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected poster

He was pretty decent in Boston, he was good for one garbage bucket a quarter or getting in position for a dump down pass from a penetrating guard. What happened?
stephanieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:08 AM   #9
PyrrhusX
GOATbrook >>>

Quote:

Thats the point. How good can OKC be if they traded Per+fillers for someone else?
Old 01-12-2013, 08:12 AM   #10
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

kNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Stro seems to be particularly biten by this... he does it.
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:16 AM   #11
dbugz
Gang Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrrhusX
Thats the point. How good can OKC be if they traded Per+fillers for someone else?

Your winning stat now(FACT) >>>>> Wondering if your team could have been much better if you trade Perkins.

Lakers trade lazy Bynum for Howard hoping that they'll get better and where they are now?

My goodness! you're top of the league now

Last edited by dbugz : 01-12-2013 at 08:20 AM.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:17 AM   #12
j3lademaster
I get superstar calls

j3lademaster is a pretty well-respected posterj3lademaster is a pretty well-respected posterj3lademaster is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

Read the other half of my post. As a sports fan you want your team to have the best chance to win it all as possible. I don't think okc fans are saying the sky is falling- just why the hell can't they replace this obvious scrub when you DO have young pieces and picks to move?

I'm sure it's more complicated in the actual okc front office, which is why we're discussing "why" on an nba discussion forum.
j3lademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:22 AM   #13
dbugz
Gang Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3lademaster
Read the other half of my post. As a sports fan you want your team to have the best chance to win it all as possible. I don't think okc fans are saying the sky is falling- just why the hell can't they replace this obvious scrub when you DO have young pieces and picks to move?

I'm sure it's more complicated in the actual okc front office, which is why we're discussing "why" on an nba discussion forum.

I do agree with the bolded part but this OKC fans are exagerrating their hates now on Perkins
Old 01-12-2013, 08:28 AM   #14
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

Some OKC fans are just bitter because now they see what Perk really is. Any idiot could have told you that a lot of Perk's value came from playing next to KG. Take that away, and well, there you go.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:33 AM   #15
PyrrhusX
GOATbrook >>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
Some OKC fans are just bitter because now they see what Perk really is. Any idiot could have told you that a lot of Perk's value came from playing next to KG. Take that away, and well, there you go.

So essentially, he is useless.
BTW, didnt know Perk made an account on ish
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: