Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-12-2013, 05:57 AM   #16
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Jared Sullinger

Pierce can not and should not do the heavy lifting against LeBron, Durant, Carmelo, etc. That's why Green is important (well, one reason).
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:42 AM   #17
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

People seem to forget just 2 years ago he's a top 5 prospect. He's extremely skilled for a big.
wally_world is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:58 AM   #18
kurple
Very good NBA starter

kurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this board

i was SO freaking pissed when the nuggets passed on him to pick up the french kid.

but our bigs have been good and the french kid has showed some real potential
kurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:26 AM   #19
TheFastOne
Celtic Pride

TheFastOne has an OK reputation so far

Credit KG, he's busy with the rook all the time. There isn't a better mentor in the league for a big man. Green gives a spark off the benchm definitely keep him.
TheFastOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:30 PM   #20
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I'd trade the hell out of Jeff Green. And one of Lee/Barbosa. Lee probably carries more value, tho I like the way he plays with Rondo, when actually utilized. I honestly think he'd be a valuable starter but Rivers gave up on that early. Bradley has been great but it's funny to see how Rivers was depending on that.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:37 PM   #21
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
I'd trade the hell out of Jeff Green. And one of Lee/Barbosa. Lee probably carries more value, tho I like the way he plays with Rondo, when actually utilized. I honestly think he'd be a valuable starter but Rivers gave up on that early. Bradley has been great but it's funny to see how Rivers was depending on that.
If you trade Green (and Lee as well), who backs up Pierce? 36 year old PP will have to carry the scoring load while also checking LeBron, Carmelo, etc, on a full-time basis. Recipe for guaranteed failure.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:54 PM   #22
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
If you trade Green (and Lee as well), who backs up Pierce? 36 year old PP will have to carry the scoring load while also checking LeBron, Carmelo, etc, on a full-time basis. Recipe for guaranteed failure.

For his contract and his play, he is not a good fit on this team.

I could keep Lee, but I could also understand why they wouldn't.

Tho maybe, Lee could play the 3. Green can still be effective, but he could valuable in acquiring a big guy and that's needed.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:02 PM   #23
noob cake
Good college starter

noob cake has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
People seem to forget just 2 years ago he's a top 5 prospect. He's extremely skilled for a big.

Because he has serious medical red flags. You can't just cherry pick young players who have gotten lucky with injuries.
noob cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:10 PM   #24
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

The_Yearning has decent reputationThe_Yearning has decent reputation

Boston needs a guy like Batum.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:24 PM   #25
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Smaller Zach Randolph. However if he's not a headcase like Zach was in his early years, he could have just as good a career. Barring that back injury from becoming too serious.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: